No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird. I had a pulmonary embolism and if I am not mistaken that means I can't take HRT.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You are correct. My doctor has told me no hrt ,not even bio identicals. In addition, I cannot take any of the oriental medicines like don quai.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, I have not talked about it with my doctor since the PE hospitalization since I am still having a monthly period. I knew that you knew though, so you are my backup!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 255.4 down 1.4 after a down day, not my best down day, I did go up to 700 calories. I made some chicken and mushrooms that was just too good to pass up. No harm no foul. I do think though that hitting right at 550 or slightly under is what takes me below that last low day weight, going over 600 seems to just undo the up day so to speak. I basically think that calorie counting is an imperfect system at best and even with meticulous weighing and tracking I am probably getting low numbers on the "board" but not necessarily that low in my belly. And when my low days creep over 600 it is usually because I was picking at what I am making Honey for dinner and guestimating how much.

So many things to do to get ready to go to Florida tomorrow but I have to go to work today, it is so quiet there, well noisy from the pressure washing but most of the staff is working at home, but since I answer the phones I can't do that.

Oh well off I go.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• You are still doing good - I need to follow your lead!

Woo Hoo for Florida. What's the weather supposed to be like?
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks, it feels good. Today is an up day and I am making a Brazilian fish soup for dinner, I am soooo excited (I pinned it last night). Tomorrow will be a challenge as it is a down day, supposedly, but traveling with the kids sometimes we stop to eat and sometimes we don't. Monday will be a down day and I will be at Mom's, then Wednesday's down day is another travel day. I am just going to do the best I can and not worry, I tend to lose a pound or 2 when I am at Mom's as long as we don't start shooters (which we won't this time).

Forecast says rain, but hey this is Florida, it wouldn't rain on me 2 weeks in the same year. Probably just as well if it does, I have so much to do inside at her house.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Ok so I gotta snap out of it. 2 days of questionable eating.

On a positive note we got Mom's 2 bedrooms switched and the old deteriorating furniture out to the curb. We also found a headboard for the king and the queen bed as well as a frame for the king for $30 total. That is one of our best deals ever!! I am going to paint the headboards white and we still need to find one night stand and a desk. I will paint the rooms on future weekend visits.

My niece came over for the day as well as my brother with his 2 youngest Dudla and my niece took the boys to the beach while bro, boo, sis and I moved the furniture and mom vacuumed and cleaned where the furniture had been.

My bro just texted to say that when he was putting his youngest (a 5yo) to bed that he said he had a fun day but he missed Popi and he wished there was a ladder tall enough to reach to heaven she we cod all go visit him.

So we cry and we laugh and we tell stories about him and we keep busy.
                Last edited by demuralist; 03-15-2014, 08:01 PM.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• It can be so hard. Thinking of you all.

Yesterday Kevin asked for my Mom. It was like a punch in the gut even after 2 and a half years, but I'm glad he still remembers her.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yep the tears tend to come out of the blue. The funniest things will set us off.

Got my sister's hair color fixed, yeah. She tried to go blondish from a Nice and Easy type box and ended up a rather bright, shall we politely call it strawberry (it was orangish). It is now a lovely light golden brown. Tomorrow I'll cut hers and mom's hair.

We have gotten the headboard for the king painted. Tomorrow we pick up its frame. Then head to the new Habitat Store to try to find a night stand and small desk. And paint the queen bed head board. Also gotta take the kids out to look for clothes. All the while the little main street 2 blocks over will be having a St Patty's day celebration starting at noon. It will be a zoo.

So basically keeping busy. Food was much better today.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• It sounds like a really productive, and nice, trip!

I need you to fix up my hair
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• It's been over 2 years since my grandparents passed away...I still randomly tear up.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Mom's house is looking great. thinking I will head back for Easter weekend.

257.2 this morning, that is 1.6 up after 6 up days. Back to it this week. Making a pot roast for dinner tonight, then tomorrow is my down day, I am going to carry on like the eating this past week was normal.

Dudla went back to Knoxville, Boo and Honey are going skeet shooting this afternoon. Gorgeous day for it. Temps in the mid 60's and not a cloud in the sky!

I am trying to catch up at work. Obviously not going to get very far doing this so just checking in. ttfn
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Missed you. Sounds like a trip to mom's.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Sounds like a productive visit and another way to remember and honor your dad. I have been out of the loop so catching up on your journal.
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yep, she has gotten all of his clothes out, she kept a pair of loungey type "gator" pants (UF Gators), for herself. She is letting the grandkids go through the jewelery boxes, his and his mother's, so they can get pieces that mean something to them.

I don't think I mentioned this, but we found 2 headboards, 1 king, 1 queen, and the king frame for $30 total! painted the headboards a nice clean white, they look fantastic. When I go back I will repaint her bedroom to brighten it up. Basically the same color, except one shade lighter on 3 walls and on the wall behind her bed about 4 shades darker. We moved her sofa table, which was crowding up her entry, into her room so she can use it as a small desk. She is looking to replace her desk top with a lap top soon so that is all she needs. Now that she has the queen sized bed in her room she has plenty of space in there. After I paint it I will post pictures. We also got photos hung for the new arrangement, took down things that dad liked but she didn't. We just need to find something for above her bed. This room's photo theme is the immediate family, so her and dad, the 4 kids, and the 9 grandkids.

The spare room works better now too, the king sized bed is in there and just 2 night stands, no dresser, and she cleared the stuff out of the closet so when company comes they can put things in the nights stands (which have drawers) and hang in the closet. I will repaint that room and give it new drapes on the summer visit. This room's photos are going to be extended family and those will spill out into the hall way.

The last spare room has been acting as an office, and is currently the catch all room, till she can clear it out. Then it will have 2 twins in an "L" shape as day beds, one wall with shelves and a tv. It will have to be painted as well. This room will be trophies and sports stuff. From all the years of the golf tournaments, his years playing football, and his years of coaching basketball.

Speaking of basketball, his last team, the one he didn't get to finish with, their season just ended last month and they went undefeated and won the championship. They dedicated the season to him and are getting a banner to hang in the gym in his honor. He was a volunteer coach, for the 3 teams (5th grade co-ed, JV and Varsity)at the school connected to his church for the past 6 years or so. He always emphasized skills, practice, and discipline over winning, and of course by doing this they not only won they took away a whole lot more than basketball skills.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X