No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I'm so glad you are going to Florida. Your mom is going to appreciate that so much.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• thanks, yep we will have a good time, and get her house arranged the way she wants it.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 257.8 down .4 after an up day. So that is very good. It puts me down 4 for the week, since my restart on Tuesday, and I only had 2 down days. Today is a down day.

Well, it is official, I will no longer be doing the enzymes. They do not get along well with my IBD. Suffice it to say I have not had a fun morning. Hope it is done as I really need to run errands today. I have switched my day around and am doing the house stuff this morning and will do the errands this afternoon. I don't like to do it that way because traffic is much worse, but well, I am going to.

Rats, hate when best laid plans go awry.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Did you start the potato starch? Sometimes that can cause a bowel reaction. My theory is that the bad bugs do not like that the good bugs are being fed.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• No I was going to start the potato starch today. I am thinking I will hold off on that till I get back from Florida. I tend to get a bit of a gurgley stomach when I take the enzymes. I had only been doing one with one of my meals a day, then yesterday I had one with each of 2 of my meals. This morning's reaction was worse than anything I have experienced the whole time I have had IBD. TMI ALERT>>>> in the past, while I may have had urgency issues, and loose stools, this had no warning and was liquid. The enzymes were the only thing that changed. I know it doesn't make sense on the surface, maybe they don't get along with the VSL#3 probiotic? Or maybe because I am using the NOW Super Enzymes with HCL and HCL has been shown to cause problems in patients with IBD. Not sure.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Found this blog this morning, I like the perspective...The Archives
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Wow, look at you go on the weight loss. You are back on track!!!!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, it clicked, wish I could figure out how I switch it back on and bottle it for when I need to do it again.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• 255.6 down 2.2 after a successful down day. 247.4 will get me back to pre-Christmas/funeral weight.

I had a couple of "taste" bites for 2 things I was making for Honey's dinner, so I opted to drink my 2 teas with coconut milk instead of cream to compensate. One thing I am learning about my fast day is if I wear a snug pair of pants I do not get as hungry. I think it fools my body into thinking my stomach is full. Today is an up day.

It looks like it is just Dudla and I going to Florida on Friday, then we will all be home at the end of the week before both kids will have to go back to school for the final push of the semester. Boo and friends are renting a cabin in the Smokies for the part of the break when we will be in Florida.

Nothing exciting going on today, just working. Off to get ready, ttfn
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Well poor Boo, his cabin in the smokies with his buds fell through. I suspect they waited too long as college boys are apt to do. On the plus side he gets to go to Florida with Dudla and I and help his grandmother with her house.

256.8 up 1.2 after an up day. I think I forgot to mention it is TTOM, I try to pretend it isn't happening because, well, I am too old to have to deal with these things anymore! On a positive note, they don't seem to have an effect on my attitude or hormones, at least no to the degree they used to. I don't bury myself in M&M's anymore, or curl up in a fetal position with saltines and tea, and no changes in weight due to it or PMS. So it is not so bad.

Raining here today. At work they are power washing the building. So very noisy. Plus, it is an old building, and we are finding leaks. Of course the way we are finding them is little puddles here and there. More repairs are in store.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        I think I forgot to mention it is TTOM, I try to pretend it isn't happening because, well, I am too old to have to deal with these things anymore!
                        I have to be honest-- this made me laugh.

Comment

• 😉oh good glad it made someone smile. It really doesn't seem fair to continue to have them if I can't have any more babies. Not that I want a baby mind you. But well ya know.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            oh good glad it made someone smile. It really doesn't seem fair to continue to have them if I can't have any more babies. Not that I want a baby mind you. But well ya know.
                            I completely agree about the fairness. My doctor has heard me complain about that for several years. There is something just not right or fair about having periods at 57.

And, when my doctor replies with, "Your body just likes having periods." I want to slap her.

Comment

• I console myself with the hope that this decreases the complications of menopause re:hormone replacement.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• It hasn't for me. I've been on HRT for over 10 years.

I was suffering terrible fatigue, aches and insomnia. I thought I needed a thyroid med adjustment. My endo did not, but did test my estrogen (estradiol) level. It was undetectable. I was having regular periods the entire time.

Not one doctor has ever been able to explain how/why that was possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X