Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks.

So UTK's Sex Week has been attacked again by someone who did not take the time to investigate it fully. Whatever, totally typical, I understand that. It is a very conservative Christian blog. Every right to their opinion. What has me irritated today is that they called out my daughter in the article taking a statement she made in print out of context, and one of the commenters called her "the shill of the devil". I responded in a measured and intelligent way, no personal attack of any sort just a few facts, obviously didn't introduce myself as the devil's mother, just Chris. The author of the article responded a little emotionally, but ok, so I responded to his response with more facts, being very careful not to be personal about it. In this particular blog the second response automatically goes up (no moderation needed). But then, within the hour he had erased my response. It didn't fit in with his diatribe. And this is how people get their information. grrrr And of course he is allowing comments to my original comments without allowing me to respond. I will stop checking it. They are not after the truth they are after creating a following.

Well, yesterday I was starving, so I ate, only when I was actually hungry and reasonably well. I tracked it all, and still came in right at 2,000 calories. weight this morning 261.4 up 1.4. Fine. Whatever. I sort of feel like I should do a down day today, given I have not been to the grocery store because of the icy roads that is easier than one might think.

We shall see, I am obviously in a mood, now, so I am thinking I should go ahead and try to transfer the VHS tapes today. I don't have to go to work, and I am already irritated and frustrated might as well pile it on.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 260.4 down 1, the scale is toying with me, I have been hovering around 260 pretty much since the new year started. In trying to figure out what I am doing differently that might be making my down days so laborious, the only thing I can think of is that I switched from heavy cream to half and half in an attempt to reduce the number of calories per drink so that I could have more calories for food. It seems as though that may not have been a good idea? I am thinking that while I don't actually eat breakfast, I was having breakfast by drinking my calories. So this morning I added a Tbs of Kerrygold to my coffee (I don't have cream in the house right now) to increase the fat, and we will see how that goes.

Finally going to work today. This long weekend would have been fantastic if I had been painting, but alas, I just finished some piddly things, lots of them, and it does make a difference in the clutter around the house, so thats good.

I started to transfer the VHS tapes to my computer. It turns out they transfer in real time, bleh, so it is going to take a while. Plus, there is some sadness in watching my dad and my uncle goof around on the golf course. Smiles too, but yep, missing them. I will edit in iMovie, when I get it updated.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• so far today the increased fat has made a difference. could be placebo, but whatever. The other thing I am doing not quite correctly, is to allow myself on the up days to eat up to my TDEE, somewhere in the 2,000 calorie range. Using my up days to teach myself to read my body better in regards to hunger and fullness. Will work on that tomorrow.
        Chris
        Unknown

Comment

• It appears as though many of the people I follow may be taking an MDA break, it feels a little quiet around here.

257.8 down 2.6 after a down day, and so starts the roller coaster that shows I have gotten back on track with my 4:3. Yesterday went very well. I stayed under 550 calories. Fairly easily. So I am thinking the fat was the answer. Today is an up day. We are going to a basketball game after work, so I will be eating at Panera again.

Today is supposed to be my day off, but since we got iced out on Tuesday, I am going to go ahead and go to work. First though I have to figure out what the smell in my car is. When I get into my car, it sort of smells like nail polish remover. So I will go down and do a thorough look see to see if I can find anything inside that might be the cause. If I can't find anything then I will take it to my car guy to have them check it out. Then I have to run some errands for work. So it will be a short work day.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• I had that same smell in my refrigerator and it was dirty condenser coils. Could it be something to do with the heater?
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Well, I did find an old Starbucks cup that had gotten tucked under the seat. Hoping that is what it is. the thing that made him think it was something inside the car as opposed to something related to the engine is that the smell was strongest when I first got in, after it sat for a while. There are no puddles under the car, and it doesn't get worse as I drive it it actually seems to dissipate then. I am crossing my fingers on the starbucks cup being it. I will take it back on Monday if the smell is still there then.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• 258.4 up .6 after a successful up day. Today is a down day.

Nothing exciting going on, just work. This weekend I have to prune the shrubs away from the house, yank a few dead ones, and general landscape clean up-we are expecting a few nice days. Unfortunately on Sunday I have to go help paint the Church Youth room, so that will cut a few hours out of my day. Monday is shopping and general errands.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Yes, I have chosen not to participate in the "Unplugged" day. I believe life is about moderation, and see no issues on most days with the amount of time I spend "plugged".

256.8 down 1.6 after a not great up day. I did mange to keep it under 600, but did some controlled tasting (one! taste of cake bate to make sure I had not missed anything, and more than a few bites of some beans I made for the hubs' dinner). But it is on its way back down and for that I am very grateful. Currently doing a M-W-F down day. While I don't usually like to put time limits on my weight goals, if I can get back to 247 by April 5th, then the 4 month ride of Holidays and my dad's illness and funeral will be over and I will be back where I started it on December 5th. So that is my goal here.

BFF and her husband are coming tonight for her birthday dinner. We will just do cheese and bread (they do the bread, I put out bread instead of crackers because it is easier for me to resist), a big salad, and Tres Leche. This cake is her favorite, and we each will take a small slice off of it tonight and she will take the rest home and eat off of it for breakfast for a while. I make it for her every year. Then we will play cards.

Before that today, I have to do some serious pruning, clean the carpet in my car, and do a quick clean of the kitchen and half bath (for company). Hoping the smell is in the carpet.
                  Last edited by demuralist; 03-08-2014, 09:13 AM.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• What card games do you guys play?
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• It is a game called hand and foot. You play in teams so we play boys against the girls. You use a bunch of decks of cards (8 I think for 4 or 6 players). Each player gets dealt 2 hands, and one is the hand and one is the foot. You play out of the hand first, then go to the foot. You use your cards by laying then on tricks of cards of the same number, that you or your partner has started when you got 3 of a kind. It is an easy game to teach others because you can just add to the team, so if we invite another couple we still do boys against the girls. We got the rules from a google search, then sort of nudged them so they would work for us, and we could still talk/drink/ and play. It is partly chance and partly skill and we tend to win in about an equal amount of times.

We will sometimes play pool, but we generally prefer cards. BFF's husband was a bartender back in the day, so, well, need I say more?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• That sounds fun! I'm also going to buy Farkel, some kind of a dice game that was pretty fun.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• My kids also love Mad Gab, it is hilarious!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Great card games.....Apples to oranges, uno, scrabble slap (I think that's the name, you make words quickly by changing a letter at a time) and, of course, a regular deck of cards.

Comment

• OmgOsh!
                              It's Apples to Apples and Scrabble Slam

Comment

• We also play contract rummy, which you also have to use multiple decks for. if you are just playing with 4 pinocle is pretty easy to learn as well.

258.2 up 1.4 after a VERY up day. I actually ate 3 meals, and dinner was a doozy ending in a piece of cake. I also spent 4 hours doing yard work, and can barely move today.

We always have a great time with the BFF's and the boys have won two nights of cards in a row, so they were pretty happy, and since the girls are really playing so we can just sit and talk we don't really care. It makes for a fun night. It kinda drives the boys crazy when we win because we pay so little attention to what we are doing.

Today I have to spend some time painting the Youth Reno. I won't stay too long, as this is just the base coat, so I will take a brush and do the edges and then head home. It will be the floor and the sign and the faux techniques that are coming up that I will have to hang around for.

Tomorrow will be errands, my roots, and laundry, trying to get ready to go to Florida to hang with my mom for a few days.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X