No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, mashed potatoes.... That's a thought........
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I like them rustic with the skins for chili, yum
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        I made a sort of lemonade yesterday and it is very good. I put 3 cut up lemons, a cucumber, and a handful of mint leaves into almost a gallon of water, a bit of liquid stevia and rum. It will be an amazing summer drink. I am trying to cut down on my cream use so this is what I am drinking instead of my afternoon iced coffees.
        I read your recipe as ^.

Your room looks great.

Comment

• actually was thinking a splash of rum, vodka, or even a nice gin this summer (for some reason I only drink gin in the summer) would go well with this drink.

Thanks, I really love the whole personality of that room more and more as I walk by it.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well ya gotta love a BFF! She and her hubby came over last night for dinner and cards and both just raved on the bedroom, then each of their daughters stopped by as they came into town, and she gave them the tour of the changes in the house as all as the bedroom. Then after they asked about what I had done to the pictures and the room etc. she turned to Honey and said "don't you love it?" and he stopped for a second then said "yes, yes I do". Then later in the conversation she said "I have run across a new furniture store downtown I think we should all (her and her hubs and me and mine) go and check it out next weekend" The place does mid-century modern furniture and I am very excited to see it, and maybe get a new couch.

259.8 this morning, down a pound. I am, for some reason, having trouble doing a 500 calorie day right now. So I am doing the Fast 5 with the exception that I do my 2 cups of coffee with cream and coconut milk in the morning still. I am going to do this for a while, let go of the guilt from being 'unsuccessful' with the 500 calories, and hope to get back to doing a 4:3 as I can make it work.

This week end I hope to do some more painting, cut Honey's hair, possibly go with BFF and her girls to see the future wedding reception site, watch a college basketball game, go to a brunch with my Sunday school class, and knit. We'll see, aim high right?
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• just did 45 on the treadmill (yeah me, that wasn't even on my list), off to watch the Bball game.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• well, I opted to not paint this weekend, Honey stayed home for the entire weekend and I don't like painting when anyone is roaming around the house (he was "cleaning" his office which is connected to the bedroom, as well as cleaning the aquarium thus taking over the living room and kitchen), it significantly increases the likelihood of little bits of paint showing up where I don't want them. I did a bunch of piddly stuff, mostly clearing out paper work I have piled up. It is not as satisfying as painting a room, but I guess it is just as important to clear my little stacks of clutter.

I will go to the brunch today, not sure if we will go see the wedding locale or not as the weather here is supposed to turn ugly this afternoon and most of the party is planned for outdoors. I do also have to cut Honey's hair today. Since weather is likely to keep me inside tomorrow I may start transferring some of our VHS tapes to my computer so I can start making copies for family.

I fell a little glum today, not sure why, maybe just the weather, but likely because I didn't get to do what I wanted to do this weekend, and next weekend will be taken up with the CYF Renovation on Sunday, Saturday we are going to go furniture shopping. Hoping that Honey will agree to go, BFF and her hubs and I are going to a new store downtown, and I would like my Honey to start thinking about the new furniture we need for our living room. The weekend after that the kids and I are going to Florida to help my mom redo some of her spaces. So it will be the end of March before I can do what I wanted to do this weekend.

260 which is up .2 from yesterday, essentially the same. I am currently doing my version of Fast 5, drinking my 2 morning drinks with coconut milk and half&half for about 100 calories, then keeping all the rest of my calories between 4 and 9 in the evening, though I have been finishing calories by 7:30. I have been doing a small snack at about 4:30 and then dinner whenever I get finished cooking it. Having the snack helps to keep me from devouring dinner so fast that I don't remember eating, so it is working. Tracked calories are running about 1,300 so that even if I am underestimating calories by the 30% that most people supposedly do, I am still getting way less than my TDEE of 2,200. This has been easily doable so I am going to continue it and when I get comfortable with it, slowly work my way back to adding a full day fast of under 500 calories, getting back to doing 3 a week.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• The storm has arrived. Icy roads so Honey is home again today, at least this morning. Glad he decided he didn't need to brave the roads. He is a yankee and would probably be fine except for the southerners who would be on the road as well.

So far this week (my weeks start on Saturday which is the beginning of my weekend) I have done the treadmill on my days off, and will again today. I borrowed Jim Gaffigan's book from the library and am reading it on the treadmill. I can't read books on there, but with the nook I can make the letters large enough and with the glasses I can manage to read it. Since the hubs was home working in his office I didn't want to watch a movie. I have to crank the sound up to hear it over the treadmill, and it is in the basement right below his desk, so it is irritating when you are trying to work.

He started our taxes yesterday, and was chagrinned to learn that the extra taxes we have to pay to cover the costs of the ACA ("Obamacare") are hidden (in the sense that they don't call them what they are) and that they are over $1,200. So not only did our insurance premiums double while our benefits were severely cut, our taxes went up as well. He walked around mumbling about it all day, not a happy man. It always depresses me when we do the taxes because we pay in more than I make, feels like a waste.

Yesterday was another successful Fast 5 day. I was sitting and knitting and watching tv late and started jonesing for something and luckily it was past my 5 hour window so I just kept knitting. I tend to get hungry around 2:30 but am putting off eating until 4:30 to ensure that even if my Honey gets home late from work we can do dinner together.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Ugh. My taxes were terrible as well. Your DH is at least smart enough to figure out the issue Paying off our house, plus no real deductions, sigh. We were not able to realize everything, including the loss on our rental until. It was not a fun experience. Perhaps with 3 deductions in the form of kiddos this year we'll do just a bit better!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• we do all of our charitable contributions every other year so that we can stack the deductions, we paid off the house in 2012. DH is a CPA, he said he doesn't see how someone who isn't trained can even begin to do their own taxes they are getting more and more complicated. He is having me keep track of sales tax this year to see if that will help with next years, so I am charging everything, and keeping all of the receipts - super PITA.

p.s. weight this morning 260, same
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I need to do the sales tax thing, but I'm not organized enough. Perhaps next year I'm also hoping that since I'm going part time, we'll drop back into a lower tax bracket.

Yeah for stable weight!

Whatcha doing today (or did I miss that -- spacey today!)?
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• A lower tax bracket is a nice reward for getting paid less.

Currently I am trying to get my old lap top started up, so that I can get the info on the Salvation Army donations. The new Mac doesn't (yet) have anything like an excel program on it since I haven't needed it. And the old PC has a spreadsheet I had started at the beginning of the year. So I am trying to get the old one to start up (it is currently going through updates) so I can do the rest and then send the info to DH so he can finish the taxes.

Then I plan to clean the rug I just moved up stairs, I finally got the stuff to do it and practiced on the part under the couch and it looks pretty good. What I learned is that it is in pretty good shape with just a few spots. It is cream color though, so it should be interesting going forward.

Will get on the treadmill. And if feeling really ambitious, I will start to play with transferring the VHS tapes over to my computer so I can start making copies.

How about you?
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Lots to do at work before I take the next 2.5 days off. Also, grading and prep for my class tonight, laundry, and packing I'm excited for a few days off!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• something cool for you sciencey types...https://3d.si.edu/browser

and yes I am goofing around on the computer instead of accomplishing anything
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                [ATTACH]15676[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15677[/ATTACH]

The room is finally done, oh that bed looks inviting.
                                pretty! Looks so relaxing!
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X