• Show
Clear All

• How are you feeling??

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am still a bit run down and oddly sort of light headed, which I presume has to do with the stuffy nose. The coughing has significantly subsided so the rib cage is feeling much better. I am sleeping pretty well, and now I have 3 more days off, so I suspect by the time I go back to work on Tuesday I will be back to normal.

Due to weather conditions, Honey could not leave until tomorrow, so there are a few things I will need to do for him today, but the rest of the day I will spend watching documentaries and knitting.

Honey saw me restart the blanket last night and said "I was wondering what you were going to do about that", and somehow realizing that he understood that I should rip it out but didn't know if I would or feel like I could got me to start crying. He knew about all the mistakes that I had left in an effort to just get it finished on time (I tend to be, ahem, verbal when I find an error), so he knew what needed to be done. I made it the whole day at work and even read some cards that I got when I picked up the mail, but that sentence broke me up. weird.

259.2 this morning, so I am on my way back down. Yesterday did not end up being a fast day, I was going to just do one today thinking that Honey would be gone, but it is too hard to do one on a day off as it is very difficult if he is home all day, I don't know why, just an excuse I guess. Anyway, I am hungry this morning already, which is atypical, so I will either do tomorrow or Monday as my fast day.

I am going to start some bone broth today, finally got some bones to do it.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ooo..reading about the hubs comment really touched my heart and I teared up. I will be interested in seeing your finished process.

Karin

Comment

• My Honey often seems hard or harsh in regards to emotions, knowing his parents/upbringing/heritage this is not a surprise. However, as I often say about both him and my son, still waters run deep. They both, very often do or say something that shows that they not only get it it, but that they are touched as anyone else is, just show it differently. It is these sorts of statements that he makes that remind me of that. He is really a very good husband for me. My parents/upbringing/heritage cause me to be pretty much the opposite, and he creates a nice balance on that front.

259.8, +.6 after an up day, I will take it. I am going to do a down day today. Honey is leaving in a few minutes to take the plane to Florida, so it should be easier for me.

I am going to work my butt off to do the master bedroom this week. So as soon as Honey leaves, I will go out and get the prints done for the wall and pick up the paint. Then this afternoon I will frame the prints and prep the room for paint...so move all the furniture into the middle of the room, cover it all, take everything off the walls, wipe the walls down, etc. Then paint tomorrow. Then I have to get someone to help me to move the recliner to the basement and bring down the chaise lounge that is supposed to be in that room.

While I am out, I also need to pick up a couple of pots and some potting soil so that I can replant 2 of my house plants.

Busy week. Hoping that Honey doesn't make it back before Friday.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Busy week indeed. Best of luck gettintg everything done!

Comment

• Wow!!! Girl, that is quite a list! So will the bedroom be all done with this list?

Karin

Comment

• yep, when he gets home, all happy cause he got to spend the week playing with the plane but kind of let down because it is over, he will walk into the bedroom and it will be done. That's the plan anyway.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like an interesting plan. Good Luck.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thanks.

The supplies have been purchased. I will move and cover the furniture this afternoon. The only glitch is going to be that I had hoped to move the ugly recliner to the basement, and it is too big to fit easily through the door, which means it will be nearly impossible to get down that stairway. If the weather holds out and I can find a willing friend we may have to go down the driveway, otherwise it will stay for now.

I am actually painting the room the same color, so that should go reasonably quickly. It is still the original builder's quality and has a flat finish, so I am just improving the quality of the paint and changing it to eggshell.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Fresh paint always makes a difference.

Karin

Comment

• I agree, makes the room feel all new. I hope I get time to do the trim as well, because that is where I really notice the difference. All shiny and new and bright white.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 259.6 that is down .2

I am still feeling light headed from the cold, so my body thinks I need to eat. So I am going to just keep my calories user my 2,100 TDEE on my days off, and go lower on my work days this week. I will just do dinner on my 3 days at work, and eat following the 4 Golden Rules on the rest of the days. (1. only eat when physically hungry, 2. only eat what I really want, 3. eat mindfully, 4. stop when I am no longer hungry)

Today is painting day!

Wednesday night my girls are coming over to help me move some furniture. We will see what we can accomplish, but I would love to get that recliner to the basement and replaced with the chaise that is supposed to go there. I would also like to get the rugs moved to the rooms I want them in. And lastly, get the ottoman thing that is currently in the living room into my car to take to Goodwill, and get the teak coffee table down to replace it.

Hopefully, Honey doesn't come home before Friday.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Now, don't you do your best furniture moving with the girls when wine is involved?? lol

How you feel better soon! Man, this cold seems to have kicked your butt so to speak.

Karin

Comment

• It is champagne, thank you very much! and, oh yes, it will be involved

I know, this cold is really getting the better of me. I so very rarely get a cold, so I guess if it is only once every 5 years I am ok if it lasts 2 weeks. I probably need to head back to Florida and get some serious Vitamin D!
                              Last edited by demuralist; 02-17-2014, 02:09 PM.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Half done, only 2 more walls.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X