No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 256, yesterday was 255.6, so I went up .4 after an up day.

We had a fantastic day yesterday. We had lunch at Tupelo Honey, great food, really great. Then Boo said he needed some khakis and would like a "real" coat. He is stepping up his style, and took advantage of Dudla being with us so that she could add her opinion regarding his look. So we went to Old Navy to pick up a couple pair of pants, and while there got a couple of sweaters for him and Honey as well (Dudla is always able to talk her dad into wearing things that help to step up his style). then went to the mall to try to find a nice pea coat. 11,000 steps later we found the perfect coat on sale half price, still pricey but classic. Then went to Costco to get gas and pick up some groceries for Dudla. Honey only once made mention of the fact that we were spending the day shopping in a smart ass remark to Boo, which he ignored. The weather was perfect and we had a chance to roam around downtown while we waited for our table. It was really good because we managed to mix up our groupings such that I and time to talk to Boo while Honey chatted with Dudla, and vice versa, and there was even a chance for Boo and Dudla to chat and reconnect with a few inside jokes. We left the house at 8am, arrived home at 9:30pm.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sounds like everyone had a lovely day.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I was thinking on the way home that we should make it a plan to always spend each of their birthdays together as a family no matter where they are. We have always done that, though for Dudla's we have slipped since she went off to school because hers are in the middle of finals. But this year is her 21st, so we will do a weekend right after finals, all 4 of us in Asheville.

Last night when we got home, Honey decided to just finish his ice cream for dinner (yes he is a grown man and can choose to do that sort of thing), but I cut an avocado, added some sour cream, bacon, and chopped some raw brussell sprouts to dip in it. Yummy, I mean really yummy. Gonna do it again today but add a fried egg on top.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Nice! Glad it worked out with the hubs there. Everyone still got their one on one time.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Sounds like a beautiful day

Your dinner sounds GREAT!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• 257.2, up 1.2 after my second up day, not bad. Today is a down/fast day. Going for liquid. I have Honey's meals prepared, I just have to slice and portion and reheat. I will do the slice and portion late morning, when it is very easy for me to resist putting things in my mouth.

Today is my day off and I will be finishing chores I didn't get to yesterday, and, yes, knitting. I love this blanket pattern, but oh man, the mistakes I have made. If I didn't feel so strong a need to get it to my dad ASAP, I would rip it out. I can't talk and knit this pattern, and you can see the places where I got distracted. Whatever. The weather here is ugly, though it doesn't look as bad as predicted, roads are wet but the temp is already in the mid 30's, however I will not be going out.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I hope you have a great day. I'm thinking I need some make-ahead meals made for my DH!

Still thinking of your day. Keep us updated. When is your planned trip?
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I don't know when I am going yet. Could be this Thursday. Probably this Thursday. Have not heard back from my sisters yet regarding Dad's most recent update. So I am in a holding pattern. I don't want to go too soon, in the hopes that he will make a turnaround and I would prefer to see him well, don't want to go to late in the event that we are being overly optimistic and he doesn't pull through.

Honey has gone off to work, so I am going to turn on the fireplace, Netflix some funny stuff, and knit.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Keeping your dad in thoughts and prayers.

edit: you are not where that severe weather is hitting are you?
                    Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-03-2014, 08:30 AM.
                    Karin

Comment

• we were supposed to be in a bad weather pattern today, they actually cancelled classes for the county. But while the roads are wet, we are right at 32 degrees, not cold enough to keep the well traveled roads icy. I am watching the weather for the rest of the week though as that may end up being the deciding factor on when I go down to Florida. This weekend or his birthday weekend are the most convenient, next weekend a little less so, but I can do whatever I need to do to get there without huge hassle at work. Trying to figure out how Honey can get there as well. He is flying his plane down mid-month for its yearly, so he will be reasonably close by my parents, but his plane will not be flyable once he lands it, so I would need to get him.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• My liquid plan for today is to just drink it and report it but don't limit it. I am talking here about my iced coffees and teas. So high fat, very low carb and protein. This will hopefully help me transition into being able to do below 500 calories again and regularly.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I'm attempting a low day, myself. Dear lands above, it's been a LONG time and it's HARD today. Planning basically one meal - lunch. I'll probably be at 500-700. I can work my way back down after I get used to just being "less".
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• So, dad has gotten worse, so I am leaving today. Driving alone is going to make the liquid fast easier.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• oh no! Please drive safe!
                              Karin

Comment

• Oh Chris. I'm so sorry. Praying for you all. Take care of yourself.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X