Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 256.4, trending very slowly downwards.

    ok, I need a new plan. Not a whole new plan, just a way to feed Honey on my down days without having to get into the kitchen and make it. Or maybe I just go back to making him pasta and a salad on those days. I don't care much for pasta and I can definitely pass up a salad if I have to. But really it is about being in the kitchen and not what I am making him on that evening. So I am thinking I can make him a baked pasta dish today to pop in the oven tomorrow. Add some kind of protein, and lots of veggies and make it a one dish meal, and he can have left overs for lunch. Then I can do the same thing only "Mexican" and use tortillas instead of pasta, for my next one. Crock pot things are too hard because then the whole house smells yummy when I am trying not to eat.

    I didn't go crazy last night, but I also didn't stay under 500 calories, damn cheese.

    Today will be a bust. I am making Boo cupcakes for his birthday.

    Honey wants to go with me on Saturday when I take Boo to lunch for his birthday, rats. I cannot get Boo to open up in conversation when Honey is there. Honey can be judgmental and Boo knows it, so tends to not divulge much about anything. Also, I had planned to take Boo shopping and of course Honey is super judgmental about that. Shit. Plus ok, I admit, I wanted to have Boo to myself.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-30-2014, 07:14 AM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

    My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

    Comment


    • I love the way you are brave with recipes though. I am not there yet. I have not cooked with coconut milk etc. It terrifies me for some reason! I want to try it but its like jumping from the high dive...
      Karin


      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

      What am I doing? Depends on the day.

      Comment


      • Funny, that. I usually end up doing things with cooking because that is what I have in the pantry. The coconut milk started as a poaching liquid for fish in an attempt (successful) to keep it from tasting fishy. It is so nice because it doesn't curdle and I can always have a can in the pantry. The coconut cream from Trader Joes is amazing, I am sure just like "normal" coconut milk (their coconut milk is "lite"). Of course I LOVE coconut anything so that made that experiment easier. I actually have to force myself to not use the coconut milk more than once a week as Honey thinks he doesn't like coconut, even though once he starts he always ends up getting seconds.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

        My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          256.4, trending very slowly downwards.

          ok, I need a new plan. Not a whole new plan, just a way to feed Honey on my down days without having to get into the kitchen and make it. Or maybe I just go back to making him pasta and a salad on those days. I don't care much for pasta and I can definitely pass up a salad if I have to. But really it is about being in the kitchen and not what I am making him on that evening. So I am thinking I can make him a baked pasta dish today to pop in the oven tomorrow. Add some kind of protein, and lots of veggies and make it a one dish meal, and he can have left overs for lunch. Then I can do the same thing only "Mexican" and use tortillas instead of pasta, for my next one. Crock pot things are too hard because then the whole house smells yummy when I am trying not to eat.

          I didn't go crazy last night, but I also didn't stay under 500 calories, damn cheese.

          Today will be a bust. I am making Boo cupcakes for his birthday.

          Honey wants to go with me on Saturday when I take Boo to lunch for his birthday, rats. I cannot get Boo to open up in conversation when Honey is there. Honey can be judgmental and Boo knows it, so tends to not divulge much about anything. Also, I had planned to take Boo shopping and of course Honey is super judgmental about that. Shit. Plus ok, I admit, I wanted to have Boo to myself.
          For the hubs, what about some freezer meals you just pop in the oven that day? You can even have a freezer meal that you just add fresh pasta to.
          Karin


          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

          What am I doing? Depends on the day.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            Funny, that. I usually end up doing things with cooking because that is what I have in the pantry. The coconut milk started as a poaching liquid for fish in an attempt (successful) to keep it from tasting fishy. It is so nice because it doesn't curdle and I can always have a can in the pantry. The coconut cream from Trader Joes is amazing, I am sure just like "normal" coconut milk (their coconut milk is "lite"). Of course I LOVE coconut anything so that made that experiment easier. I actually have to force myself to not use the coconut milk more than once a week as Honey thinks he doesn't like coconut, even though once he starts he always ends up getting seconds.
            I am making fish tonight, probably salmon. I just bake it as a norm.
            Karin


            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

            What am I doing? Depends on the day.

            Comment


            • if you sauté it in a skillet you can get a nice crust on it (if you are into crunchy like I am) just from the fat it has in it. bake it with a very little drizzle of maple syrup (real thing please) and it is divine if you through a few shallots or quartered onion in with it.

              I will have to start the freezer meal idea, wish I had a bigger freezer though. I bought the stuff today to make baked pasta and a baked tortilla lasagna, have tons of veggies to add to it. Will do that today on my up day so I can stay out of the kitchen tomorrow on my down day!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

              My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

              Comment


              • ok, as expected I did indeed taste the cake and icing. Oddly however I did not start shoving spoonfuls of icing into my mouth, no appeal. It seemed to get to that stage of gag faster than usual. The proof that I didn't eat as much batter as usual, it made 2.5 dozen cupcakes! Barely ever get 2 dozen usually. Also, not only was there enough icing to generously ice all 2.5 dozen, I ended up with a mason jar full of the rest of the icing (I will take that to Dudla and she can make something with it, or eat by the spoon, who knows, but she loves it, and given her activity level and age she can afford to eat it).

                on the less than happy side, I forgot Ricotta and don't have any cottage cheese, so I have to do a plan B for the lasagna, but I can probably find a recipe for the Mexican baked meal.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

                My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                Comment


                • Nice job with the cake batter and frosting episode. Very impressed!

                  Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                  Karin


                  Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                  What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • 256.6 that is only up point 2, 2 tenths of a pound after an up day in which I made cupcakes. So that says one of 2 things...either I really did only eat the equivalent of about 1 cupcake or so then listened to my body and stopped such that I didn't continue to pile crap in, or the scales have once again not fallen in line with what happened the day before as mine are want to do.

                      One thing I think I did figure out is that I eat less if I stay dressed in zip up pants as opposed to changing into my loungey pj's or into athletic type elastic waist pants. My jeans aren't tight, but I can feel them around my belly, I am thinking that helps my body to remember it is not in need of food thank you very much.

                      today is another "boring" day, work and knit, I am 2/3rds of the way through the lap blanket. I am planning to go to see my parents in the next couple of weeks, just trying to coordinate the weekend with my work and my siblings schedules. So I gotta knit at least one repeat a day to finish it in 2 weeks, which is I think the soonest I would go down, I have 13 repeats of the pattern left to do. I will probably try to do at least 2 repeats on Sunday and Monday this weekend in case they decide to do the weekend sooner.

                      I get to see my kids tomorrow!
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

                      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                      My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                      Comment


                      • Hooray for seeing the kids tomorrow!!!!
                        -- Ruth

                        Comment


                        • I love the texture of the pattern you are using. Makes me want to reach through the screen and touch it.

                          Comment


                          • I know, I wanted the lap blanket to not be feminine looking, didn't want it to be too plain, and wanted some kind of interest. I like the mix of cable and "lace", though the lace is where I keep messing up and it is too complicated a pattern to rip it out and correct, so I just do the best to correct as I go. Only experienced knitters would spot it, and I would have started over if I didn't need to finish it by a certain time.

                            Ruth, I am very excited about getting to see the kids tomorrow, we are all going to go to lunch, and then do some shopping. Dudla wants a Trader Joes trip, and Boo has not told me where he wants to go yet, if I had to guess I would say Gander Mountain, we'll see. Honey will not be thrilled but I am not changing plans just because he invited himself along, he will have to deal with it in a non-judgmental way.
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

                            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                            My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              Ruth, I am very excited about getting to see the kids tomorrow, we are all going to go to lunch, and then do some shopping. Dudla wants a Trader Joes trip, and Boo has not told me where he wants to go yet, if I had to guess I would say Gander Mountain, we'll see. Honey will not be thrilled but I am not changing plans just because he invited himself along, he will have to deal with it in a non-judgmental way.
                              I like it! You will have a wonderful time!
                              Karin


                              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                              What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                              Comment


                              • I want to pull in some info on my weight progress in January to give some perspective...I hit my recent low weight (247.4) on December 5th, then steadily moved up and down in December (mostly up) and was actually able to get back to 249.4 on January 2nd. This morning was thrilled to hit 256.6, which is down from a high of 262 on the 13th of January. So you can see that my net for January so far is a gain of 7 pounds.

                                Now I am not worried, nor am I putting this down so anyone can give me encouragement, cause it is all good and I am on my way. I am putting this all down, because someone was worried that she has only lost 7-10 pounds in January, and that her weight is fluctuating up and down around 3 pounds. Lordy, call it a 7 pound loss for the month and celebrate that is a lot of weight for one month!
                                Last edited by demuralist; 01-31-2014, 12:14 PM.
                                Chris
                                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                                Unknown

                                My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                                My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X