No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you are welcome. the other thing, besides the real food recommendation, that I thought was interesting is the idea that it is the fat/sugar combo that is addictive according to the studies done. Which kind of explains why, for me that I can eat a piece of fruit and be just fine, but a piece of cake will send me looking for another piece of cake.

So 258 this morning, that is .8 less than the morning after my last up day, moving in the right direction, and today is a down day. Going for liquids or at the very least low carb.

Honey was sick last night, and running a slight temp this morning. Luckily I am still sleeping in the spare room, so he didn't disturb my sleep! I need to move back to our room, but probably not until there is a bit more humidity in the air, he is snoring light a freight train.

Nothing exciting today, work and knitting when I get home.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Interesting article. If we realize we are actually craving the dopamine, then maybe we can regulate the chocolate, etc.

Comment

• and, if my memory serves (and it rarely does) dopamine can be had from sex?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• There's an interesting book, Amazon.com: The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite eBook: David Kessler: Kindle Store, that explains this in detail. They talk about why fast food and other restaurants create certain combos. It's been a long while since I read it, but if you can find it at the library, it's pretty interesting.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• David A. Kessler - The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite - YouTube

I am putting this out there to remind myself to watch it. Our library has it printed but not ebook, and I admit I am really bad about picking up and returning printed materials to the library. Hoping this lecture says enough for me to get the gist.

Thanks for suggesting it!
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• today's work is done, the progressive lunch is over, I have cleaned it up, and there is still 2 hours left in my day. rats.

In the mean time, a 24 page fax is coming in through our machine and it is not for us. Not only that, it is from a doctor's office to an insurance company. It is a patient's complete medical file, name, DOB, SSN, and all! Literally this guys life story. And the doctor is asking for a treatment to be covered. Seriously glad that my doctor's office doesn't use fax. 24 pages, the noise is driving me nuts.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• We get a lot of discovery questions, and they all come by fax. Don't ask me why, when we email everything else. It's so odd...
                -- Ruth

Comment

• electronic transfer of files is so much more reliable and confidential. Eeek. I would be PISSED!

Progressive lunch?? Oh dear..
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• This guy will never know his privacy was seriously violated, but I am not kidding you, not only the stuff he told the doctor, but the stuff the doctor told to the referring doctors and this guy's internist, all his test results. WTF, why would they even have to send all that stuff to anyone? and OMG with that sort of information why wouldn't you check like a hundred times that you had the right phone number punched in?

The annual progressive lunch is for the 4 organizations on our block, we do dessert since we don't have the space to feed 150 people anything and for dessert we can do little finger things from Whole Foods. I stayed here to man the fort so to speak. Last year we had so many of the desserts left it looked like no one touched any of it, so this year we got half as much and it was gone before half of the people had even gotten into the building. So good news, no tempting leftovers, bad news as hostesses we felt really bad.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I forgot to mention my dinner last night, it was so good and soo easy.

I have a huge saute/fry pan, after the coconut oil had melted, on one half of it I put 2 salmon fillets, and let them caramelize on each side (so fast high heat), then I turned down the heat and put, on the other half, about 4 handfuls of fresh spinach (it had just been washed so there was moisture still on it), flipped that around a bit so the fat would get all over it, then added a can of Trader Joes Coconut Cream (which is essentially a full fat coconut milk), and I let that simmer so that it finished cooking the salmon (it was frozen fillets) and turned into a sauce. Then I topped it with a pat of butter and a heavy sprinkle of "Flavor of the World" spice mix from Penzeys. So very good and Honey actually ate an entire fillet (he usually does not care for fish). I made him some pasta and he just put the fish, spinach, and sauce right on top of that. I don't care for pasta, I just did the fish, spinach and sauce.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• If only I liked fish/seafood.................... My DH would have loved to have eaten with you last night!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• you don't eat salmon? actually that spinach and sauce would be just as good with a nice rare steak, if you wouldn't consider it sacrilege to put sauce on steak, ooo or chicken thighs, yum. This is the kind of dinner I would normally have made myself beef and Honey would have gotten a chicken breast as the sauce would have kept the chicken moist (his cardiologist has him convinced he need lean protein, so I usually do the chicken breast and then add the fat as sauce)
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Nope, no seafood for me. I barely tolerate a little tuna or shrimp. I would swear I have a very minor allergy to it...but, probably I'm just picky.

I don't mind sauce on steak, though a nice medium steak usually doesn't need much accompaniment. I'll have to try that with chicken...it does sound good!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Ok, need to come to Tn, if for no other reason than you cook me dinner!!! Lol

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I do get lucky some days but only once every couple of weeks. The rest of the time it is pretty mundane stuff and about once a month it is barely worth choking down/total waste of calories.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X