No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why we need to live closer - you can decorate for me and I can organize for you [And you can cut my hair and DH can fix your computer]
    -- Ruth

Comment

• ok so it is settled, you guys are moving to Nashville!

I am going to get rid of the upholstered furniture in the living room (currently sort of Queen Anne style couch and 2 wing back recliners) and switch to mid-century modern. The rug in there is going to be put in the dining room (which is Queen Anne as well) because it is a more formal one. Then I am taking the rug from the basement, which is a cream burbur with a sort of triangle pattern woven into it and put it in the living room. Then I have this awesome teal green naugahide chair that I am going to put in the place of one of the wing back, either get a new couch or move the one from the basement up (moving would be my preference but it is armless and he may be opposed to it) and get him an Eames recliner (reproduction one though Eames Lounge and Ottoman - Lounge Chair - Herman Miller) for his place. Take out the leather ottoman that is one of those big square things that opens up for storage (it was super cheap and the leather is cracking and the hinges are loose or broken) and put in this awesome teak coffee table I have that is shaped like a surf board. I would LOVE to get rid of the armoire and replace it with a 1950's console to hold the tv and video equipment, but that is VERY unlikely to go over.

p.s. TMI alert....shit, TTOM started, not had one since a bit of spotting in September, and thought I was done
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        p.s. TMI alert....shit, TTOM started, not had one since a bit of spotting in September, and thought I was done
        I understand your dismay. I've been thinking I should be done for years. Now every time mine starts I get angry. I'm 57 for crying out loud, started when I was 11, enough already.

Comment

• I'm only (almost) 38. But, since we can't have kids, I figure the stupid thing should be over.........
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I turned 55 in November. I did read somewhere that it is better for your health the later it stops. It would be better for my attitude the sooner it would stop.

Ruth it totally doesnt seem fair to continue having it if y'all cant have kids.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• the scale this morning read 258.6. That is after the second up day, and yesterday was very up! The calories were 2,200 which isn't ridiculous of course, but I physically felt like I over ate. And then there was the intestinal distress which I now believe is from taking 3 enzyme pills with the meal. Will skip back to 2 when I eat tomorrow. Today will be a liquid day. I am going to not limit my calories today and just allow as much liquid as I need to not eat anything. So that means cream and the homemade coconut milk in coffee and tea as well as water.

I watched stand up comics all day yesterday, laughed a lot, and knit a lot, and not much else. Stayed in my pj's the entire day! Talk about a luxury. Today I will do much the same, except I will clean the kitchen and do the laundry as well.

p.s. holy cow, I slept through the night last night with no restless moments and the only wake up was when my alarm went off, which I turned off and went back to bed! so 98% efficiency, and 7:11 of actual sleep. that should help my resolve not to eat today.
              Last edited by demuralist; 01-27-2014, 08:21 AM.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I would more likely pin the intestinal distress on the probiotic.

Congrats on the good weight after an up day.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• well that is an interesting thought. But I have been taking the probiotic for over a month now and the enzymes I started this week? I have already decided though that when my bottle of the VSL runs out (I have less than 2 weeks worth left) I am going to go without and see if I can determine any changes and decide if it is worth keeping up, or if I just hold onto the knowledge that I can add it should my IBD come out of remission. From a cost benefit perspective, I hope it is the probiotic as it is much more expensive than the enzymes and I still have a lot of the enzymes left!

Thanks, I have to remind myself of this scale number staying the same when I get frustrated at the number not going down after a particularly good down day. My scale does not reward or punish me the next day for "good or bad" behavior as a general rule. It is a long term, gotta stay the course, kind of situation.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I have not had any intestinal distress due to the enzymes after over 3 weeks of use. TMI...In fact, my BMs are perfect on the scale that NW uses.

For me, Probiotics tend to have a build up effect that results in a clean out at times.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• interesting. mmm, think I will stick with 2 enzymes at each meal then and just finish out the probiotics (I take one first thing in the morning) and see what happens.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• 256.6 down 2.2 after a down day. This is interesting because I didn't measure/weigh yesterday and actually didn't even keep track of how many coffee/tea drinks I did have. In addition to whatever calories I got from the cream and "homemade" coconut milk I used I also had some raw brussells sprouts with 4T of homemade dip and some dehydrated zucchini. I don't know if I did fat bombs instead of the veggies if it would work just as well as that would increase the calories though reduce the carbs. May try that experiment and see what happens.

I did move the dehydrator to the basement, and add less than a tablespoon of olive oil to the sliced zucchini as well as a spice mix. They turned out extremely well. Plus having the dehydrator in the basement opens up a huge amount of the counter and makes the kitchen look nicer, especially for Honey who hates anything sitting on the counter tops.

Since I didn't technically eat a meal, I didn't take any enzymes, just my normal morning supplements (D3, VSL#3, calcium) and my stomach was fine all day. I plan to take 2 of the enzymes with dinner and we will see how that goes. Dinner will be salmon, creamed spinach, and probably a bit of rice for Honey.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• yeah, another dehydrator buddy!!

I have not made zuc chips in a while. I just love them fresh in a salad. I do have some zuc chips I thought to put in soup though.
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I use the dehydrator to make veggies more palatable for Honey, he is a carb eater big time. When he comes home he is usually looking for some quick snack and generally grabs a glob of PB or some cereal or some such, but if I have the dehydrated veggies he actually prefers them as long as they are crunchy.

I actually started a new pinterest board for dehydrator ideas.

I should probably do one for crock pot as well.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• One twin gave up sugar, the other gave up fat. Their experiment could change YOUR life | Mail Online

here is an interesting article, that from my reading seems to tell us that we need to continue eating real foods as opposed to processed, mmmm, now where have I heard that before?
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                One twin gave up sugar, the other gave up fat. Their experiment could change YOUR life | Mail Online

here is an interesting article, that from my reading seems to tell us that we need to continue eating real foods as opposed to processed, mmmm, now where have I heard that before?
                                Very interesting article. Passing this one on to my sister. Thank you for posting that.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X