• Show
Clear All

• Totally agree with weighing..

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• funny, for me the weighing makes it feel like science (probably because I never did it really in my previous dieting) but tracking is so tedious. I really wish I could just make a list of what I ate and drank and magically the program would know the brand and tally it all up for me. It is not so hard when I am using something like sour cream lets say, because it has the info on the back and you can just compare, but when I am eating something like my homemade beef/cabbage/bone broth soup, I had to just estimate how many servings it was then guess how many servings I was having since sometimes I use a huge bowl and sometimes I just go for a cupa. It would be nice if I could put in the ingredients for the recipe, then when I go to eat some weigh out 8oz (or however much I want) of soup and it would know.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• shit, 12:25 and they are still talking. I went up and unplugged the coffee so that the pot would be coll enough for me to carry it out to my car (I used my 30C percolator instead of brewing 3 drip pots, easier to clean I think).
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          shit, 12:25 and they are still talking. I went up and unplugged the coffee so that the pot would be coll enough for me to carry it out to my car (I used my 30C percolator instead of brewing 3 drip pots, easier to clean I think).
          Are you getting paid extra?

Karin

Comment

• nope no extra pay. I will take time off to make up for it.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• So how long did you have to be there?

Karin

Comment

• it ended up being 5 hours total. I got there at 7:45 to start the coffee, and left at 12:45 after a quick clean up. I will likely take a comp day to go see my dad for his birthday which is the 22nd.

So 258.6 this morning after an up day. Calories yesterday ended up right at 2,000. Which is comfortable for me in regards quantity and quality. We did end the day with a bowl of popcorn. Honey started the fire, came and sat next to me on the sofa, turned on SNL and said "you know popcorn would be really good right now". He was right, it was. However within an hour my stomach started feeling pretty bad. I assume the popcorn was the issue, the other possibility is Brussel Sprouts 2 days in a row. So today I am going to go very low carb/reasonably high protein to try to settle the intestines.

Honey has a business trip for the next couple of days, so it should be reasonably easy for me to stay on task regarding my food since I don't have to cook anything for him, I only have myself to worry about. So I am going to spend today and tomorrow watching movies that honey wouldn't care for and stand up comics which he doesn't like watching and knit my fingers off, I really need to finish the blanket to be able to take it to my dad when I go down.

I am also going to make a list of projects I want to tackle and have them ready to do depending on how much time I have available on any given weekend and start using my 3 day weekends to get things done.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like you had a good day even for having to go into work. I am following your examples with movies and crafts (need to fix that besides rug).

Karin

Comment

• I am going to have my daughter finish my crochet rug. Hate to crochet, she will finish it in a couple of hours though since crochet is faster than knitting and she is a fast crocheter. As soon as I finish this blanket, my knitting will be consigned to being my evening project as I sit with Honey in front of the tv. The other projects I have planned are to finish the master bedroom and its bath, do something about the living room, paint the foyer and finish staging it, paint the half bath, paint the rec room, paint the kitchen and do something about the backsplash, do something to make the hallway to the living room more inviting, and fix up Boo's room (new curtains and rearrange).
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• That list makes me tired....
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh wow...My big goal is just too get Lilys New bed put together (it still sits in the living room)

Karin

Comment

• Mine is to finish our annual filing. We take things out of the easy files, put them in the permanent files, and purge the old stuff out of the permanent box. Then, we're all set for another year.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Most of these are projects I have had planned for years, a couple are not done yet because of indecision (i.e., cannot decide what I want to do with the kitchen backsplash), some are because it is just now becoming necessary (ie. the living room furniture is threadbare as it is 25 years old and because it has a high level of silk was never meant to actually be sat on), and some I just can't stand to look at as they are anymore (i.e. Boo's room), and now that I have 3 day weekends I don't really have any excuses not to get them going.

Honey will be away for about a week the third week of February doing maintenance on the plane in Florida, so it is my goal to get the master done then and get the living room at least started. So in the next week I am going to order the canvas prints for the photos I have been photoshopping for the bedroom and arrange to have 2 rugs cleaned. When the canvas prints come back I can put them in the frames I have been working on. Then when he is gone I will paint the bedroom/dressing area/bathroom and hang the prints. That will make him very happy. Which is good cause the plans I have for the living room are going to make him very unhappy.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• (cross posted) ah you see, I don't even think about organizational things, it hurts my brain and actually stresses me out.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Now you've peaked my curiousity -- what are the plans for the living room?
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X