No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really want to start some UD/DD in the future again. I think I can probably manage the dinners if the night before I plan for leftovers for mom and Lily (if its something she will eat). In fact, since I am doing all the food planning at home maybe this time will be more successful.

Question: Are you still tracking or now that you have a handle on the UD/DD so its no longer necessary?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Karin, not to put my big nose into things.......... I'm a HUGE fan of UD/DD...however, I feel pretty strongly (after a lot of personal experience) that one should not really do it when under a great deal of stress. I think it taxes the body too much. Anyway, not to discourage you, but just a word of caution.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• good point Ruth. I just get to thinking.. oh boy, this might get the weight rolling.. road block! LOL I would so like to redistribute the stress.
        Karin

Comment

• Actually I just decided to go back to tracking again today. My last few dd's have been ok at best, and I think it is because my ud's are only ok at best. I need to pack in some serious nutrition on them so that I don't feel deprived on my dd's. I was more successful when I was limiting my forays into carbs to the weekends.

I forgot we had junk in the break room, went up unprepared and had a chocolate bar and a pkg of Belavita. silliness. Anyway, I tracked it. I did some oil pulling when I got home, then had a snack. Dinner is a buffalo chicken dish that is chunks of chicken thigh mixed with carrots, spaghetti squash, and cabbage with a hot sauce. Honey will eat it with roasted potatoes, I will skip the potatoes.

So even with the chocolate I will be fairly low in calories. Except that don't weigh or tightly track the cream and coconut milk I use in my coffee and teas in the afternoons on my ud's so I should actually be coming in pretty close to my TDEE of 2,000 today. Tomorrow I am going to work very hard to stay under my 550, I really need to get on track.

I am afraid I have to agree with Ruth on the excess stress notion. Adding this stress in your life right now (ie. at least until you are finished with the meds and infection) just seems like you are asking to get sick again. I would suggest you focus on nutrition packed foods till then at least. Then once your sleep is back on track revisit the uddd idea.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I agree. I am making no changes until the meds are done and the asthma is under control again. Perhaps this weekend. I need to get back into tracking first I think.
            Karin

Comment

• I don't know why I resist the tracking so much, I need to at the very least put it in the notes at the bottom of the page in MFP. I just don't like the idea that I am letting go of that info, and I like looking back at it to see what worked and what didn't, so I need to just do it.

Today is a fast day, and I WILL be holding myself to 550 period end of discussion staying out of the break room.

I stood all day yesterday, no sitting till I got home, and that was late as I had to stop by the grocery store to pick up items for dinner. Which was awful. RATS. I like the veggies combo but hated the sauce. It was Frank's Buffalo, I keep seeing the low carbers brag on it and finally tried it, we both hated it. Ate the meal, and it was filling, but won't be using that sauce again.

My bum hurts. I have been sleeping upstairs because of Honey's snoring. It is colder up there also, so I sleep better, but have to wear socks. Walking down the stairs this morning I slipped and slid down the last 5 or so on my butt. Whacked my elbow too. Oh well, at least it wasn't the whole staircase and I didn't flip or anything crazy. Guess I will have to start wearing my skid proof slippers.
              Last edited by demuralist; 01-22-2014, 09:27 AM.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I feel for ya. I hate falling. All sorts of body parts hurt and it can take weeks or months sometimes to get back to " normal". Hoping the padding behind you protected the important stuff

Comment

• Ouch, sorry.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• oh no!! I am sorry you are sore but thankful you did not have worse injurys.

I have not heard of that sauce. Generally, I am not a sauce person. I really am a purist for the most part.

edit: still standing at work. I sit for lunch and for a bit in the afternoon when I am in meetings or am planning.
                    Karin

Comment

• Ouch!

Comment

• apparently I hit my back just above the waist on a stair, and must have caught my thumb on something, yep the aches are showing up little by little. So glad I didn't bonk my head.

the standing desk is so helpful today, since I won't have to sit on the sore bum!

I usually just add seasonings when I make something like last night. It was basically supposed to be like eating buffalo wings only in a sort of stir fry version.
                        Last edited by demuralist; 01-22-2014, 09:29 AM.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Good for you for seeing the silver lining
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I found a great wing sauce that looks pretty primal.. dirt cheap $1 per bottle. I use it like a hot sauce.
                            Karin

Comment

• I have hot sauces in the house, Sriracha/Tabasco/Louisana, etc., very rarely use them, usually just end up using the dried chilis I have on hand to get the flavor I am looking for. That recipe just looked like a really good idea.

Where do you find a $1 a bottle hot sauce?

p.s. hahahaha, MudFlinger, it is surprising and sad that my built in padding does so little good in regards protection or making wooden benches comfy, what the heck is that about?
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• The little market in my town called Apple Market. They have hot sauce and a wing sauce. Its like a house brand believe it or not.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X