X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woohoo, the mail came, that took 15 minutes

2 more hours.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think you ought to think of ways to pintrest up your office space. An "inviting organized" space perhaps? I dunno..surely something needs to be color coded, alphabetized, etc.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I do have a few things I want to do to my office. They recently had to redo the plaster behind my desk and I need new artwork. I also want to talk to the boss about painting the reception pass through. It has a cork top that is original and disgusting. I want to paint it to match the granite baseboards.

I am getting ready to take some training on our data base, so once I get that set up I will be doing that when I have lulls.

Friendly banter with the bosses, 30 more minutes down, only 1.5 hours left.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hey!! What's up in your day?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
          Karin

Comment

• Forgot to mention that I am traveling. Details when I get back. Fun stuff though.
            Last edited by demuralist; 01-17-2014, 10:03 AM.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• 260.6, after a 4 day Mexican food fest in San Antonio, no veggies to be found in the whole place! So today is a fast day, liquid.

So Saturday was our 23rd anniversary, and Honey and I went to San Antonio for 4 days. He had a conference there and I tagged along. I really like traveling this way with him because it generally gives me time to do what I like to do in the city when he is in meetings and then when he is free we do things together as well. In the end he had very few meeting he had to attend so we got to spend a decent amount of time together.

We stayed right on the Riverwalk and pretty much just did everything I could walk to from the hotel.

Thursday, the day we flew in, I only got 8,232steps/6flights we really just went out for dinner once we got checked into our hotel. In the end we ate at a Mexican restaurant in Rivercenter, we were tired/hungry/dehydrated, had a bit of trouble getting our bearings on the river walk, and decided WTF it was just food. It turned out to be really good, and I had a mango margarita, which I think they put something in because I got too drunk (yes on 1) to walk around after that. Good thing we were essentially at our hotel. So we went back to our room, thinking we would just go out after I sobered up a bit since it was kind of early. But then we fell asleep snuggling.

Friday, 16,826steps/16flights, I walked out to the King William historic district which was lovely, then went back to our room (picked up a salad for late lunch on the way). Once Honey finished what he had to do we roamed over to the Alamo and stopped by the visitors center to make plans for Saturday. We stopped for cocktails somewhere along the river walk, then roamed around La Villita and then had dinner at another Mexican restaurant along the way.

Saturday, 13,370steps/3flights, we went out and did the Alamo tour, then went to see the San Fernando Cathedral (some of the Alamo men have remains entombed there), and out to Market Square. Ate a late lunch at Mi Tierra, then roamed back to the hotel. relaxed for a while, then went out to roam around at night. It gets dark later there and we had not had a chance to see the full river walk at night. Then we stopped to have cocktails. I am switching my drink to mojito now! On the way back Honey picked up some ice-cream for dinner and I got a salad and we ate in the room, we were still too full from lunch to do dinner at the restaurant we had planned.

Sunday, 14,463steps/14flights, we walked back out to King William (he had not seen it yet) and had brunch at the Guenther House. It is a lovely place at the other end of the historic district. The original owner (German) opened a flour mill on the site in the 1860's and built his house next to it. Turns out this was the best meal of the trip! Then we ambled back to the hotel, picked up our bags and flew home.

All in all a fantastic trip, we had a lovely time, the weather was gorgeous, and we came home to a house that was undisturbed (Dudla had stopped by to pick up some things while we were gone).
              Last edited by demuralist; 01-20-2014, 09:18 AM.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• P.S. I got glasses...ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1390233122.985889.jpg
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• pps... A photo of La Villita...ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1390233491.831021.jpg
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like a wonderful trip. Congratulations.

Nice glasses.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• What a great vacation. Glad y'all had such a good time.

Comment

• How much fun!!! Sounds like a great way for you and hubs to get away, spend time together etc. I love San An Antonio..a great historical place with fantastic food. Glad your back though. We missed you

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                        Karin

Comment

• Thanks Karin. We did have a great time, we are both history buffs so there was a lot for us. The beautiful weather made the walks along the river especially sweet.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• 258.2 down 2.4 after a so-so fast day.

I have to go get ready and go to work, I will check in later.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• You are dropping back quickly after your time away. I love how quickly our bodies respond, once we are well established with ADF. I DO thinks the SIRT1s have a lot to do with it.

Comment

• I agree, I do, though, really need to get stricter with my down days, I tend to play fast and loose and with almost 100 to lose I need to just get on it.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X