No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 259.2, down 1.8. Yesterday was a good fast day, totally liquid except for a half cup of the beef/broth/cabbage soup.

Did a ton of housekeeping and organizing chores yesterday. Today is work and more housekeeping and knitting when I get home.

Saw a TED talk which I thought was very depressing. It was a "Diets Don't Work" one, but the punch line was nothing does. Her evidence was all anecdotal and a bit of statistics she had pulled to support her theory. Oddly I didn't use it as an excuse to raid the pantry. It made me defiant. So maybe it was a good thing.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Go watch terry wahls' TEDx talk on "Minding Your Mitochondria". It will certainly remind you of why Primal is important.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• so your fast days are liquid. Seems like they are pretty successful. Is today an UD or a regular day?
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Liquid fast days are the ones I am most successful at, now it does include a smoothie, but if I don't even start chewing it is easier to resist, once I start it tends to open a flood gate.

Today is work so a "normal" day I guess, I don't eat till I get home from work, and I am thinking I will do a smoothie then have a nice dinner. If I can make myself do a smoothie when I walk in the door before I eat, I do so much better. I think dinner tonight is going to be creamed spinach and a nice piece of fish with some bruschetta on it.

Thanks P, will do!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ooo your dinner sounds exotic! I think for dinner we are having a ham steak, some sweet potatoes and green beans. THIS is something I can usually get my daughter to eat (if I include peas instead of beans)
            Karin

Comment

• I am trying to work out the excess fluids my body is holding on to, so I am piling up the spinach and veggies and drinking tons of liquid.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Pish. Look how well you, Paula, Sabine, Jon, and others are doing. There is hope.

I'm the opposite. I keep trying liquid - whether it be smoothies or something else. Does not work for me. I ingest calories, but get absolutely no retaining sense of fullness. On a low cal day, I do better to have protein and veggies (maybe some bone broth). We're all so different, which is why I think we are using a similar core set of ideas, but implementing a different plan.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• exactly!

My smoothies are protein packed nutrition bombs. I use cottage cheese, egg whites, frozen spinach, frozen berries, 1/2 a frozen banana, coconut milk, and cocoa powder. Ends up being about 30 oz of goodness, and it is filling. It of course doesn't satisfy the need to chew or crunch, so I have to get out of the kitchen to drink it or I will drink and eat. It works best when I immediately follow it with more fluids.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Why do you use egg whites instead of whole eggs? I am trying to avoid the whites personally.

Comment

• Most of my smoothies are on my down days and I can get a lot more protein for a lot less calories if I use just whites. I get the cage free cartons from Trader Joes. I eat whole eggs a lot on my non-down days.

I use low fat or fat free cottage cheese in these for that reason as well as the fact that it has less flavor.

Less green flavor is also why I use frozen spinach, that and this way I don't use ice to water it down.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• rats, the upstairs kitchen is filled with chocolate, and yes I had some, and no I will not be going to the restroom upstairs again till it is all gone.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• OK, well, dinner last night got changed, I had some cauliflower and asparagus that needed to be eaten, so I roasted them, sauteed some salmon, cut up an avocado and added some tomatoes, oil, basil, and put that on top of the salmon. Yummy, filling, and it felt like it managed to undo the chocolate.

Today is a fast day.

I am at work, it is 9:50 and I have finished my tasks for the day. URGHHH. It drives me crazy since there are days when I am overwhelmed with the stuff I have to do, and almost as many days where I have finished my days work in the first hour of the day. Unfortunately, my other task is to answer the phone (should anyone call) and email (should anyone write). I now have until 4 o'clock to make myself look busy. Gonna be a long day. I so wish that I could knit when I have days like this. Of course then the boss would see that I am not so busy and either find something ridiculous for me to do, add something to my permanent list of duties (which would be an issue in those times when I am overwhelmed), or worse, cut my hours.

I need to do some training on our data system, which I can do online, but my immediate boss is out sick, so she is not answering texts or emails, and I can't get logged into the system.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• why does pinterest have soo much food on it? Makes it a hard time waster on a fast day.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• get on a craft search, less food.. LOL
                              Karin

Comment

• yep, I went to home decor, but now I have a bunch of stuff I want to do to my house!

I am over half way done with the day, I have a mild headache (either psychosomatic or I need my glasses to hurry up and get here) and the junk upstairs is calling my name. No worries I have changed it for today and will not be answering the call.

3 more hours
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X