No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know right? Better than priests, not quite as impressive as Cardinal, but mom and dad will still be impressed.

"The population of Vatican City is about 800 people, of whom over 450 have Vatican citizenship, while the rest have permission to reside there, either temporarily or permanently, without the benefit of citizenship.

About half of the Vatican’s citizens do not live inside Vatican City. Because of their occupations (mostly as diplomatic personnel), they live in different countries around the world. The conferral or loss of citizenship, authorization to live inside Vatican City and formalities for entering the territory, are governed by special regulations issued according to the Lateran Treaty."

Citizenship is by appointment, and close relatives (spouses, children, parents) who live with the appointee may also be conferred citizenship. So that says that lay people may also reside in Vatican State.

Thanks Jon, I never thought to check it out.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I didn't feel like my weight/food discussion should be in the same bubble as the Vatican discussion

259.8 this morning, still retaining fluid, likely I am going to have to stop adding salt for a week or two to totally release it. For some reason when I am retaining fluid my body craves salt in an odd attempt to hang onto the fluids. Yesterday I drank my 30oz iced coffee, 50oz green tea, 50oz ACV, two more 30oz iced coffees, and a 16oz cup of hot tea. (I know I am not drinking straight water right now, and that is unlikely to change in the near future because while I can drink iced drinks in the winter I have a major problem shoving down plain water, so don't bother to suggest it!)

Food, well, the good is that I didn't waste calories on nutritionally deficient food. The "bad" is that I ate too many calories again. I am not going to worry too much about this because I seem to remember that it took me a couple of weeks when I first started to get to a point where I was under my calorie goal on my down days, and a couple of months before I really considered it fairly easy. So I am confident I will get there again, must be patient. Today is a non-fasting day, so I am going for nutrition dense foods.

Movement yesterday, well I have already told you about that. Funny because Honey came home and said he had stood up until 1:30 yesterday (he got a Kangaroo standing desk for work also), and was so very proud of himself. I was like "good job honey, I didn't get to sit down till I got in my car to come home, and was late doing that even!" I ended up with 9546 steps and 13 flights of stairs. And all that on a crappy night's sleep.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        ... (he got a Kangaroo standing desk for work also)....
        Wait...after all that grief he gave you about yours?!?

Comment

• well, the grief was who was paying for it, not that I needed it. His work paid for his, the only discussion he had to have with them was to get them to approve the one he wanted. I felt bad because I work for a non-profit, and knew it wasn't budgeted, so I had offered to pay for it, that is where the grief came, because he didn't hear me when I told him that was what I was going to do.

On a positive, not totally unrelated note, he got a fancy bluetooth gizmo that connects to the tv so he can hear it without the sound being on. This has multiple positive benefits, one is I can turn the sound off when he is watching something that irritates me, two is that I can have the sound turned down to a comfortable level when I want to hear the tv, and 3, and most important, he is wearing his hearing aids while he is at home, so he can hear what I am saying now and issues like that should not be as common as they have been this past year.

On a negative side effect of that, he will be able to hear things that go on in the living room now, so the kids and I will have to cut out our smart ass remarks when he says things.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• So funny! Hurray for technology???
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
              So funny! Hurray for technology???
              Haha, that's what I was thinking
              -- Ruth

Comment

• yeah, I know. I don't think I told you guys this one,,, When the kids were home, Honey used the phrase "cut the hypotenuse" 3 or 4 times. They were joking that he was using it like he had just learned what it meant (they are all mathematicians, so no he had not just learned it). Anyway, a couple of days later we are watching a football game and a touchdown was saved at like the 1 yard line by a guy who came out of nowhere to tackle the ball carrier. So I casually said, "wow, way to cut the hypotenuse", and my kids started laughing so hard that Dudla had to actually leave the room. Honey just sat there, oblivious. Didn't even bother to ask what we were talking about, he knew that it would be too hard to explain with him not having his hearing aids in, and since there were other non-family members present, I am sure he decided it wasn't worth the hassle. (thank goodness, on that one)
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• -- Ruth

Comment

Movement yesterday, well I have already told you about that. Funny because Honey came home and said he had stood up until 1:30 yesterday (he got a Kangaroo standing desk for work also), and was so very proud of himself. I was like "good job honey, I didn't get to sit down till I got in my car to come home, and was late doing that even!" I ended up with 9546 steps and 13 flights of stairs. And all that on a crappy night's sleep.
                    awesome about the desk no matter who paid for it. Glad he is seeing the benefit!

Originally posted by demuralist View Post

On a positive, not totally unrelated note, he got a fancy bluetooth gizmo that connects to the tv so he can hear it without the sound being on. This has multiple positive benefits, one is I can turn the sound off when he is watching something that irritates me, two is that I can have the sound turned down to a comfortable level when I want to hear the tv, and 3, and most important, he is wearing his hearing aids while he is at home, so he can hear what I am saying now and issues like that should not be as common as they have been this past year.

On a negative side effect of that, he will be able to hear things that go on in the living room now, so the kids and I will have to cut out our smart ass remarks when he says things.
                    nice. I know one of the reasons for the standing desk disput was his lack of hearing. My mom has trouble hearing as well and I saw that they have an "as seen on TV" aid of some sort. She is going to experiment with that because it IS irritating when she can not hear and I have to talk above conversational tone. Plus, she is missing out. She has the thought of seeing if this is an improvement. If so, working with it until she needs to have actual aids.
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• talking above a conversational tone also makes it seem as though you are upset. It is hard not to sound upset when you are raising your voice, very hard. Also, the nuances of tone/attitude are lost, even when I am not raising my voice he often thinks I am angry or upset. Trouble to this point has been that he comes home and takes the aids off, but wanting to hear the tv with the new device has been incentive for him to leave them on. Generally amplified sound is tinny and almost painful for him.

And again, this sword will swing both ways when disputes arise. Though I don't think I ever did it, I could say that I told him but he didn't hear it (even if I hadn't), and now I won't have that defense. Of course he never conceded that I ever said anything he didn't hear anyway, so whatever!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

talking above a conversational tone also makes it seem as though you are upset. It is hard not to sound upset when you are raising your voice, very hard. Also, the nuances of tone/attitude are lost, even when I am not raising my voice he often thinks I am angry or upset. Trouble to this point has been that he comes home and takes the aids off, but wanting to hear the tv with the new device has been incentive for him to leave them on. Generally amplified sound is tinny and almost painful for him.

And again, this sword will swing both ways when disputes arise. Though I don't think I ever did it, I could say that I told him but he didn't hear it (even if I hadn't), and now I won't have that defense. Of course he never conceded that I ever said anything he didn't hear anyway, so whatever!
                        yes. I get it.
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Also, for us, he is a morning person and I am a night person. So he always wants to chat in the morning. Well I wear an oral device for my apnea and it holds my bottom jaw forward. In the morning when I wake up it takes a few hours for it to totally revert to my normal bite (part of the reason I don't like to eat food in the morning). It also makes me lisp a bit, so it is very difficult to speak loudly then. We will eventually get to where we will communicate via text and email I am sure.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• DH always wants to have "discussions" at night, when I'm nearly done for the day and want to wind down. I, of course, would rather have them in the morning, when I'm feeling more alert. Weird, how sometimes "opposites" do really attract (and then it isn't all that easy to stay in sync).
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I often wonder at how my Honey and I fell in love at first sight, and never looked back and how this 20+ years later we are still so very opposite and still essentially get along. We have never had an argument in which we have raised our voices (except so that he could actually hear me but not out of anger), NEVER considered divorce, I totally trust him never question his love or loyalty and vice versa. But in the little things it can be a bit like a splinter that needs to work itself out.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• What a day, I am soooo ready for my girls night. And my boss told me to make sure to take a couple of bottles of wine home (they bought a case for last night's reception and they only went through a few of the bottles).

this is by far the highest maintenance group of people I have ever seen.

the guy with the medication is still trying to get things sorted out (apparently they only prescribed enough for 2 days and his luggage has still not arrived). one guy is leading a presentation this afternoon and he needed to borrow a computer to finish it and then needed us to print 13 copies of it. another guy is leading some sort of worship service and needed 13 copies of hymns and prayers! OMG. About half are like this and the other half actually seem to be embarrassed about it. And there is one absolutely adorable priest/bishop (not sure which) turns out he is the one from the Vatican, so sweet, well spoken, English is great and with a faint accent. I had a friend when I was going to Catholic school whose mother would tell us it was our job to be a temptation to the priests so that they could be sure they had actually been called to the priesthood. And she and I would always joke about which ones we wanted to tempt, well this guy would be right up there at the top of the list!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X