No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P, yeah, me too. Nothing outside at all, just 1 tree, the manger scene and a few odds and ends here and there. It is very sad to me to take it all down, it is a long slow reminder of the passing of another year, putting it up is so festive and taking it down so depressing.

Ruth, I did a couple of nutrition days this weekend, and it did make a difference I think.

Karin, my hair looks great, I use the same color every time, and this was just roots with a quick pull through to perk up the ends, so it looks like it is supposed to (i.e. nobody knows the difference) pretty color with no roots.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I took down our decorations on the second. I prefer to do it New Year's Day, while watching the parade, but lately Honey has been pushing for one more day. But THAT'S IT! Short and sweet, that's how I like my decorations. Luckily, I like taking them down, and nestling them all snug in their beds for next year.

Comment

• Slave driver! Bah Humbug.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I keep mine up and lit until the 6th, my wise men travel from far and wide (the upstairs rec room) every day getting closer to their destination finally arriving on the 12th day of Christmas (the 6th of January). When my kids were little it helped to extend the holiday spirit and kept the day after Christmas from being a big let down. Starting on Christmas morning they would go searching for the Maji. So I keep up that tradition, I am not great at keeping traditions up, but this one they look forward to and tell all of their friends about. Plus, honestly it was just a good excuse to put off putting everything away.

My sister, one year, left up her tree and changed the decorations every 6 weeks or so to the new holiday (Valentines, St. Patty's, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, then Christmas again), she realized it was way too much work a little too late and had to keep it up all year for her daughter, who loved it and made decorations for every holiday.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 260.6 ate a lot yesterday, most good some not so much.

Today is a fast day and I desperately need it, physically and mentally. My fingers and belly feel puffy, and my brain feels foggy. Last night was the first night since I get back home that I have slept so very poorly. I am going to say it has to do with being over full when I went to bed. I think I sleep better when I am almost empty.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Happy wishes on your fast day. Push that water

Back to work, right?
              -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, work today so that will make it easier. Tomorrow I have a ton of errands to run and that usually helps to keep me fairly clean. Friday is a girls overnight, so my next fast day will be Saturday. I feel like the rest of the week will go well.

I have my 50oz Green tea mix, and a 50oz ACV mix to take to work today. I took them yesterday but didn't drink them, I don't drink much in meetings for some reason.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I don't drink much in meetings, either. I think it's because I often need to "go" at the most impractical times during a meeting
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• ooo a girls overnight! Fun! Are you all renting a cabin again?
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• no cabin, unfortunately. One of the gals' husband is away, so we are just going to her house. We are doing bites and champagne with mixers, yum!

Today was an absolutely crazy ape shit day. OMG!!! I did not sit down till I got in my car to come home from work. 8500 steps and 13 flights of stairs and I didn't do the treadmill today! We are having a conference in our rooms upstairs, which is enough to make things a little crazy, but one of the attendees came from England, and had to spend the night in Toronto because his flight was cancelled, then they lost his bags, bad but not catastrophic till you realize the nut case #1 didn't bother to tell the guy who was picking him up at the airport and #2 he packed his epilepsy meds in his suitcase. So not only did I have to field calls hourly about if we had heard from him or not, my boss had to take him to a doc in the box to get a script so that he could get some meds till they found his luggage. So I had go to the pharmacy to drop the script off, then go pick up the key to the B&B he is staying in (because he is too good to stay where everyone else is staying), then back to the pharmacy, where-because the script was written for a dosage they didn't have available- I had to wait till the pharmacy called the doc (don't ask me why they had not already done this) to approve the new dosage and then take that back to work.

The cool thing is that there are actually 2 guys from the Vatican here! My parents will be so excited (they are Catholic, I was raised Catholic), they are the nicest ones in the group too.

Thrilled I have tomorrow off! The group will still be there on Friday, but my boss will have put out most of the fires by then.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Wow! Look at it this way, you had an exciting day and got a little foreign flavor. Lol

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• it went fast I can say that!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            it went fast I can say that!
                            I bet. That sounds like one crazy day. Silly question...2 guys from the Vatican...priests? Are all people from the Vatican priests or nuns or some such? I've always wondered but been too forgetful to search online.

Comment

• they were actually bishops. I don't know if lay people live at in Vatican city or not? Good question.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Ohhh, even better than priests.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X