Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The two horsemen of the apocalypse?
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• YES!!!! Now it all makes sense...lol
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• We should name the other two just to be prepared....
        I want it & I need it maybe?
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• yep! I want it goes with the I may never get a chance to have it again (i.e.. grandma's nut roll) or I only get it once a year (i.e.. Christmas cookies)and I need it goes with the carbs I think I need after I do something that resembles exercise (because I feel weak) or if I am feeling queasy or ill, which is different that I deserve it.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So yesterday was a non-fasting day, and it felt pretty successful. Not too carby and not too needy. Today is a fasting day, and I am at work, so that will help enormously! I am at my standing desk, I have my 50oz green tea mix which I am hoping to finish by noon, and a 50oz ACV mix which I am hoping to finish by the time I leave at 4. I am using the upstairs bathroom, so given the liquids I am drinking this should get me my 12 flights of stairs today!

Did not get a chance to weigh this morning, gotta get back into the swing of getting ready for work in the morning! I am sure the number is up though, my fingers are sooooo puffy.

Yesterday I had to drive Boo to an oral surgeon that was an hours drive away. Hard to believe I live in the big city and had to go to some podunk place to see the guy. Good news is that Boo doesn't need to have a surgery. It is basically a wait it out kind of thing. If nothing happens then nothing has to be done. If a cyst develops (about a 4% chance) around the tooth follicle then both the baby and the permanent will have to be removed. If the baby tooth falls out, then they will have to take out the permanent one and put in an implant. This is the expected outcome, but not likely for at least 20 years (then it will be on his dime). There is a very remote chance that the permanent tooth will actually break through the skin, in which case he would have to go the removal and implant route as well.

Our upstairs thermostat went out this week, we finally figured it out yesterday (Honey, Boo, and Dudla each thought the other was putting the temp down, turns out none of them were). It was too warm up there at the beginning of the kids break, and then for the past few days has been very cold. Hoping it isn't the HVAC unit, and is just the thermostat.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi Chris: I know you do the 5:2 with primal. I started to do it on Dec 5. just before Christmas. Today is also a fast day for me. I usually do mine on Mon. and Thurs. The reason I was posting was to let you know that I found an interesting article you might like to read. Here is a link to it.

BBC News - Intermittent fasting: The good things it did to my body

Comment

• Hi! thanks so much, I need a little motivation today, well this week really!

I am doing a 4:3, mostly primal. I am not religious about either really, but slowly improving.

M-W-F are my fast days starting with my new work schedule this week.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Have you notice much difference in weight loss by doing 4:3 over 5:2?
                  I do primal 80/20 with the 5:2 was thinking of trying 4:3 next week just to see what would happen.

Comment

• So, you soon had a baby tooth? Tell him he is not alone. In my family, is a genetic trait. My mother and I each still have a baby tooth (the same one) . They are not going anywhere

So back to work for you and back to routine. This is always a good thing in my book. As for the puffy fingers, i hear you. Hopefully they go down soon. The standing desk is in place, you will get your steps..ahhh Happy New Year!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                    Karin

Comment

• I didn't lose anything going primal, and loss on 5:2 was too slow to notice, plus in an odd way 4:3 is easier for me. Having more than 2 days in a row of non-fasting didn't work. Each consecutive day I am not fasting I eat a little bit more. The day after a good fast, is pretty well under control, day 2 a little less so, by day 3 I forget I am even doing anything to lose weight.

Yep, my son still has his incisor. the root was strong enough that the permanent tooth couldn't wear it away so it just grew into his palette. Both of my kids had to have almost everyone of their baby teeth pulled, we just waited too long on this one. Neither of them (or me for that matter) ever had wisdom teeth, so that is pretty cool, no braces either.

Yep, I am ready for a little routine, to get back to the 4:3 as well as to get to some of my projects. Unfortunately I won't be able to get to projects until the last weekend of the month. Honey goes out of town then and I will likely make a pass at painting our bedroom and bathroom if I can swing it. Before that I have commitments each weekend. grr, I am very anxious to be able to use my 3 day weekends for projects and my Thursday off to do errands and appointments.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• 260, officially gained 13 pounds now. Yesterday's fast, obviously, unsuccessful. Plan for today, non-fasting, eating nutritiously dense foods. Drinking my iced coffee, iced 50oz green tea, and 50oz ACV water, as well as regular water and if I feel the need for sweet more tea, but hot.

the house needs cleaned and the laundry needs done. I am feeling a little frustrated that my plan is not working yet. ie. weekends for projects and Thursdays for errands, chores, and appointments.

This week, I will likely have to take Boo back to school as he is resistant to ride with his friend, hoping to get this cleared up today so I don't have to take the trip tomorrow. I don't mind the drive, but the weather is supposed to turn here as I am on my way back and I would like to avoid that. Plus Dudla got a ride back.

Then on Monday I will have to meet with my committee for the church youth reno, because the minister wants us to look at a floor in a local restaurant. Thing is we already decided on the flooring. He also wants to discuss the ceiling, which, again, we have already discussed and designed. I really want out of this thing. I no longer have kids in this group, and I have been on this committee (with changing members) for almost 6 years now. They did do deconstruction this weekend, so it is actually finally happening, but I gotta say I am totally burnt out on the whole project.

Then of course there is the whole 4:3, which I am having trouble getting back on track with. I have gone back into my tracker (thank goodness for tracking) and note that my up days were highly nutritious fairly high calorie days. What I have been having now are fairly high calorie with dubious nutrition. And my down days were basically lowish carb and about equal fat and protein. So I will now try to replicate...
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          Then on Monday I will have to meet with my committee for the church youth reno,... I really want out of this thing. I no longer have kids in this group, and I have been on this committee (with changing members) for almost 6 years now... I am totally burnt out on the whole project....
                          So, whats wrong with saying, 'my present commitments make it impossible for me to do a good job with this committee any more,' and bowing out. I'd say six years is ENOUGH!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                            So, whats wrong with saying, 'my present commitments make it impossible for me to do a good job with this committee any more,' and bowing out. I'd say six years is ENOUGH!
                            This. Well said.

Karin

Comment

• If they are calling for questionable weather there like they are here, I hope your boy can get a ride with his friend.

Ok, so your plan is not working as yet. How long have you been at it putting this plan into place? Personally, with the kids home and in the process of going back etc., you are not in ideal conditions for your plan. Give it another week or so.

You have had weight gain?? Psh..i see it dropping pretty fast with your regiment.

Karin

Comment

• I am bowing out of most of the commitments for that committee (I got out of the deconstruction weekend), the control freak in me wants to see that it is done in a way that fits with all the surveys and research that has been done to this point and not just fulfilling the wish lists of the current group. Trying to give a broader view. One of the members did just recognize that I no longer have children in the group and that it is greatly appreciated that I didn't just drop out.

Oh, I am NOT giving up on the plan, I am actually going back to what worked in the beginning. I also feel like I am in need of beef. Since Dudla has been home, we tend to keep all meat to a minimum, but I just got back from the grocery store and we are having a roast for dinner, and I am making a beef/cabbage/tomato/bone broth soup for myself. Thinking I am not so much hungry as malnourished (not calorie wise but nutrient wise). Got the stuff to make myself a lovely green smoothie here in a little bit. I think that should get me on track.

Yep, I am a bit worried about my return trip, we are in the low 30 today, the "arctic blast" (as the weather service is calling it) is expected to hit here mid to late afternoon. I can't take him back earlier because the dorms don't open. He is just gonna have to leave some things home and ride with the buddy.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X