Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Well, screw you December! I gained 14.
    I think November should take part of the blame as well.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      I think November should take part of the blame as well.
      probably in general that is true, but actually I posted my recent low weight on the 5th of December, so all of my weight gain happened in the past 3 weeks, really picking up steam on the 18th!

Truly hoping that staying away from sweets and drinking a lot of fluids will create a reasonably quick turnaround. In other words not take 16 weeks to lose it (that would be at my .75 weekly loss).

This is going to be a very rough week, I am seriously jonseing for the chocolate that is sitting on my counter. I am going to really have to work the will power today.
      Last edited by demuralist; 01-01-2014, 01:13 PM.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes. At least we are all in it together.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• together again! taking our slow march down the scales. I do really appreciate my SPEED Sistahs! Keeping me honest, great support, and super listeners .
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• $h!t, total fail. Darn you box of chocolates (shaking my fist as I wipe off the smudge at the edge of my lips). As Scarlet would say.... Tomorrow is another day.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• oh bummer! Get rid of it! Detox the house.
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yeah, the family wont go for that, but tomorrow I will be away during the witching hour (gotta take Boo to an oral surgeon). And then I work on Friday, by the time I get home it should be gone.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Yeah, there is a ton of junk here too. Unfortunately detoxing the house is not an option.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• When we do dinner with our BFF's now, we normally don't do dessert anymore, but since it was New Year's Eve, we did, and they left it since their kids left today and mine are home till Sunday. It is going pretty quickly though. And my kids are night owls, so it is highly likely it will be gone tomorrow. Kind of makes me dread the holidays! Sad because I should be able to enjoy a little bit of decadence and move on, hopefully someday!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Well the kids and Honey basically finished the goodies that were open to anyone. The kids have saved the goodies from their stockings to eat last. So essentially the house is de-foxed now.

So 259.4 this morning, essentially unchanged, crazy scale! My fingers look like sausages, so puffy they barely have any wrinkles in them. I ate the way they feel, you would think it would serve as a hinderance to eating like this but not so much.

This style of binging is very different than any that I have done in the past. When I was single, in order to binge I had to go out and get the stuff to do it, never had enough food of any kind to supply a decent binge. Once we had kids, and I started cooking and grocery shopping, then my binges became about just eating mass quantities standing at the trough so to speak. Every morning I would start a new diet, I would find myself in the pantry during the witching hour. Yesterday was more about things that are never in the house...chocolates, mini cupcakes, brownie bites, mini cookies...things that I don't/didn't make...that were out on the counter on a fast day in which I had gotten 10,724 steps.

Now the question regarding the steps is, did they make me hungry for carbs or did I feel I deserved the carbs? The only time in my life when I seriously exercised, intensely and consistently, I gained between 10 and 20 pounds a year, for 5 years! So the lesson I learn is whatever the reason, in order to exercise (and I do think it is important for health) I am really going to have to focus on keeping food under control. And maybe experiment with doing one of my smoothies on my fast days that I exercise in hopes that the carbs in it will help me steer clear of quick carbs.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• See, I get that ridiculous "I deserve it" in my head. Where does that come from. We do not work out to eat junk. Or at least I do not. I do know skinny people who do and I hate them. There, it is said. Great job on the steps!
                        Karin

Comment

• well, I wasn't actually thinking "I deserve it" when I was eating. I actually wasn't thinking, I was just popping things in my mouth. Honestly it was more of an F it attitude. At that moment, the mouth feel was more important that the idea of weight loss down the road or even the idea of not feeling bloated/crappy in the morning.

Funny, Honey just asked me if I was feeling better. I said "was I feeling bad?" and he said that I looked like I was feeling bad this morning. Puffy face, especially around the eyes, will do that.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Yup. that F-it attitude gets me a lot. How do we avoid giving in to that?
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I wish I knew. I have not had it in a while, luckily. For me it rarely shows up when I am being successful, it appears when things (scale or diet in general) are going in the wrong direction. I can't figure out what starts it, what is the trigger, except that I know that I am much better off if I don't take that first bite!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• My F- it attitude rides on the back of "I deserve it" LOL
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X