No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhh..bummer. you would think 3 folks from different states visiting the same state could meet. Maybe next time.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• My Honey would never go for it, I do not give him details of my online diet support group, he is suspicious that I am in a "chat room". Tried to explain that it was essentially like WW but without assigned times for meetings and free, but he is leery. We were however in Gainesville on the 26th for a couple of hours. P and I probably crossed paths on the way home, though I think we came home a day earlier. I do plan to start doing a long weekend to Florida every couple of months though.

So yesterday was a pretty good first day back. It was not down to my 500 calories, but was just about 1,000. I did do half of the movie The Holiday on the treadmill, so 1 hour there, and ended up with 10,539 steps! I also got 12 flights of stairs in. Sleep was 7:18 at 90% efficiency, so that helps explain why I could manage all of that.

So my food plan is to get back to the original plan. That is a 4:3. Monday, Wednesday (a work day), and Friday (a work day) will be my down days. Tuesday (also a work day) I will just eat in a feeding window that won't start till I get home from work at about 4:30 and will end by 8 or so (I don't like going to bed with a full tummy). I plan to also stay away from sweets and most carbs during the week, and allow myself to loosen up on the weekends but not to go crazy or necessarily to eat badly then. I am back to weighing the cream in my coffee, as well as other foods that are calorically dense.

My exercise plan is to watch a half a movie on the treadmill every day off (Sat, Sun, Mon, Thurs). Work days I will be at my standing desk, but don't plan to actually do "exercise" though I will still use the upstairs bathroom to try to get my stair counts to 10 every day. The fitbit doesn't count standing versus sitting as activity, but I do.

I think that I have discovered that I need 7 hours of sleep a night, but it takes me as long as 8 hours to get it some nights. I will plan to be in bed about 8 hours a night, waking up at 7am every day.

That is what I feel like is a doable, simple plan, that I can maintain for life and should give me a reasonably steady loss.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sounds like a good plan, and I like the treadmill idea. Wish we could get the exercise bike into the lounge but it just wont fit. And I do like it in the dining room with its view down the garden - not that I have used it yet since we moved!

Interesting thoughts about sleep. I always say I need 7 or 9 hours, dunno why it has to be an odd number, maybe something to do with some patterns, but it is difficult to get it. Oh for a simpler life :-)

Comment

• Thanks.

Getting to watch a movie that the rest of the family is not that interested in is my motivation to get on the treadmill. I don't think I would get on it otherwise.

For sleep, it is just starting to show as a pattern on my fitbit. When I was younger I know I could do well with about 6 hours in bed, but not so much anymore. But now that I have had time off to be able to get up when I am done sleeping as opposed to an alarm, it is starting to give me some good information on what I really need and how I can get it.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Our meeting blew up due to my husband, even though I discussed the plans with him ahead of time. We tried to compromise, but in the end, he couldn't see the logic in driving three hours one way to meet a stranger. I gave in because of the job situation, but I am disappointed.

Oh, movies...Saving Mr. Banks is wonderful. I went to see it with my MIL.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm curious as to how your steps equate to miles. If you were on the treadmill for an hour how far did you go in miles?

Comment

• Husbands can be quite a pain, God love em.

Generally about 2,000 steps is a mile. I walk quite slowly actually, I am and have always been, a distance as opposed to a speedy kind of gal. I dont actually check my miles ever and dont check my steps from the treadmill, but I think I do about 2.5 mph.

Ooo I want to see saving mr banks but will wait for it to get to netflix
                Last edited by demuralist; 01-01-2014, 08:22 AM.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I roughly use the same guideline in terms of steps/miles.

Happy New Year, Chris!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Happy New Year sistah!!
                    Karin

Comment

• Happy New Year everyone!

Well it is amazing how many calories a person (namely me) can shove in her mouth in a limited period of time. I ate a lot! Chicken wings, cheeses, spiced pecans, black eyed peas, cornbread, and then there was the champagne just before all the desserts. I actually have a mild hangover. I suspect it is from the combination of champagne and sugar, as I didn't have that much champagne but I did have a lot of sugar. It isn't a classic hangover, it is more of the dullness/grogginess/lethargy kind of feeling I used to get after a sugar binge, what I have always referred to as a sugar hangover. I did not sleep well last night, because on top of too much food it was also too close to when I went to bed. Ah, well today is a new day, and as a coincidence it is a fast day. Luckily I don't have much planned for today, just general house keeping.

So yesterday I got 6,915 steps. I didn't do the treadmill as I spent the day shopping and getting ready for last night, but I did spend 90% of the day on my feet, not only during the prep for dinner, but basically we stood around chatting for dinner, cocktail party style.

Yesterday's sleep was fantastic, exactly 7 hours of sleep with a 97% efficiency.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I hear the insulin hangover.. seems there are a few of us that have it. I am determined to get on the treadmill today. Its the grand plan, care to join me?
                        Karin

Comment

• yep, I am doing the treadmill today, finishing the second half of The Holiday, will report back when I have finished it.

p.s. 259.2 to start the new year, so actually 12 pounds gained in December!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Well, screw you December! I gained 14.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I won't comment about what I gained.......
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Me either

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X