No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so they released my dad from Shands today and are moving him to a rehab facility in New Smyrna Beach (where they live). Absolutely amazing!!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yeah! He must be making progress!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• yep, amazing progress.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 253.6 same as yesterday. I plan to essentially eat one meal a day while I am gone. Basically closing the eating window down, time wise, will help to limit the amount I will eat. My mom's house tends not to be filled with junk food, so no big deal. Plus we will likely be visiting dad and the beach.

I am going to make a batch of Croatian Povitica (basically a walnut roll), my grandmother always made, to take down with me. Hope it works because it the dough is very particular and it is cold in my house today.

Honey and I are going to take a country drive down to a vineyard to pick up our wine. Should be nice, it is sunny but cold. Also we plan to do a ride out to see a neighborhood that usually has a lot of houses decorated for Christmas.

Hoping to do that fairly early, so we can come home and have hot mochas and watch Christmas movies.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• sounds like a lovely Christmas eve. Merry Christmas!!
            Karin

Comment

• Chris, blessings to you and your family today. Merry Christmas!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Merry Christmas, Demuralist. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Comment

• Merry Christmas Chris!
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks all! We passed on the drive to visit the lit houses till today. The Povitica turned out well, though it doesn't look like my grandmother's, its taste is pretty close. Dudela took one of those Vine videos (6 seconds of video that they paste together and post on Vine), and both of my children stood and watched as I was putting the filling on, and we chatted about my grandmother teaching me how to make the roll. It was great.

We had dinner, watched 2 movies (Home Alone, and Muppets version of the Christmas Story), and opened presents. Santa has always come to our house early, because he used to actually show up at my parent's house to hand the grandchildren their presents.

Boo was so excited about his present (a shotgun for shooting skeet), even though he knew what he was getting he had not seen it all together (Honey had it in parts and was cleaning it the last time Boo was home), he held it all night, and slept with it on the floor next to his bed. He also got a book about bad decisions in battle that changed the course of History from one of his fav authors.

Dudela was totally surprised. She had asked to get the "A" string for her cello, and to have them put it on (she hates doing that), and I had done that on Monday, so she expected her stocking to be stuffed with candy and pj's as I typically do. So this year they got socks (hers were for her hiking boots, his for his Dr. Martens), long johns, and a variety of candies. But I had also put the box with her ring in there. So she pulled it out, and unwrapped it thinking I must have made something, and when she opened it she just cried. She turned it over and over and I told her it was indeed real, and an antique. It fit her perfectly. She took pics and sent them to all her friends! She also got a book that has Celebrity Autopsies.

Santa had also put some Reeses cups into Honey's stocking, so he was happy too.

So it is still possible for Santa to bring something to my children that is not tech related, that they will truly love. I like that.
                    Last edited by demuralist; 12-25-2013, 08:19 AM.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like an amazing day! What ring did you pick out? I know the original one you choose got sold. Are you talking today?

Karin

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1387988768.971448.jpg

This pic does not do this ring justice, but you get the idea...
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• So I actually like this one better except that I liked the white gold on the original one I picked out, this one is much more unique, is an antique, and $200 cheaper (white gold is much more expensive and in higher demand that yellow), the emerald is a better quality, those are 2 diamonds in a baguette cut sitting sideways on either side of the emerald, and it is a cathedral setting so the diamonds are actually sitting at an angle that is higher on the outside of the setting than at the side next to the emerald. On the outside of the diamonds there is some decorative engraving.

p.s. I am piddling around the house today so I will be in and out
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Oh what a beautiful color of stone. Sometimes emeralds are not brilliant like that. I can imagine she was surprised at such a beautiful gift.

Karin

Comment

• she was stunned. I think you can only get nice dark, clear, sparkly emeralds in older rings now, the newer emeralds are much lighter in color. I have emeralds in my wedding ring. The ring is only 20 years old, but the emeralds are much older, so mine are a bit darker than her is, but still hers is very pretty.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I have had a terrible time finding truly beautiful brilliant emeralds like the ring you bought. I can see why you need to buy an antique.

I have raw emeralds and raw garnets. They have a more earthy look.

Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X