No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that was just a breakfast nook kind of thing that is actually part of the living room. Our living room is one large long room that connects to an open kitchen. Out the other side of the kitchen we have a formal dining room, and I can't keep the pads on the bottom of the chairs, so they are constantly scraping the finish on the wood floors (luckily not the wood yet). That set is a queen ann style, pretty traditional so the living room rug will go well in there. The one I have in the basement is a high quality one that one of my friends game me when she moved, it is a solid color and will work better with the stuff I want to put in the living room. I would also love to sell a couple of coffee tables that Honey bought before we met, when he bought the house full of Queen Ann stuff, but don't think I will get anything for them.

I actually have a list of projects lined up for my 3 day weekends that start in January.

p.s. cross post Sabine, thanks!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      that was just a breakfast nook kind of thing that is actually part of the living room. Our living room is one large long room that connects to an open kitchen. Out the other side of the kitchen we have a formal dining room, and I can't keep the pads on the bottom of the chairs, so they are constantly scraping the finish on the wood floors (luckily not the wood yet). That set is a queen ann style, pretty traditional so the living room rug will go well in there. The one I have in the basement is a high quality one that one of my friends game me when she moved, it is a solid color and will work better with the stuff I want to put in the living room. I would also love to sell a couple of coffee tables that Honey bought before we met, when he bought the house full of Queen Ann stuff, but don't think I will get anything for them.

I actually have a list of projects lined up for my 3 day weekends that start in January.

p.s. cross post Sabine, thanks!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

You know, to bad you can not find a little classier..but in the classroom we put tennis balls over chair leg bottoms that are on waxed tile floor to prevent scratching. Seems there should be a way because it sounds like that's what you need.

As for the coffee tables, you might find a consignment shop that could help you find them a new home.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I have tried all sorts of pads on the bottom of those chair legs. I am not sure why but they just won't stay on. On more than one occasion I have been sitting in my chair when we have company at dinner and hear a guest slide their chair and realize the pad has come off. What can you do? Move the rug in there, and relieve the stress that waiting for the pads to come off causes. I have had this issue with these chairs in every house we have been in, except the one Honey bought the furniture for, it was carpeted. So 20 years of using everything I could find, I am done with it, time for the rug!

The coffee tables are good quality and in great shape but extremely common, so it will probably be difficult to find someone who will pay much for them. Also, Honey is not great at letting go. I will broach the subject to him when I get to that part of the basement, which is probably almost a year away. The more pressing issue is the hideous "patio" furniture he got for the lanai at that first house. It is powder coated in a dusty pink color, and the cushions are a flame stitch that matches. But not only are they hideous, the gaskets have cracked and broken so they squeak horribly. Also he won't let me put them outside because when we get a storm like last night "they will become projectiles". So they are junking up the basement, I want to donate, he resists.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ah hhh..so, HE has quite a bit of clutter eh? lol

Karin

Comment

• Much of my clutter is craft related and is making its way out of the door as we type. I started this fall when the kids went off. And on Tuesday nights if our trash can is not full, I fill it with the stuff I had been saving "cause I might need it for a craft or the kids might need it for a school project". So my clutter is thinning significantly. I will end up with a set of shelves that has paint supplies (a few shelves for house paint stuff and a few for my oil paint stuff), then a set of shelves for general craft supplies (knitting yarns, sewing machine stuff, and glues and papers and such), one set of shelves is for picnic supplies (plates, coolers, as well as the soccer chairs,etc.) the last set will be split half will be for supplies I buy at Costco in bulk (paper towels, TP, K-cups,) and the other half of that will be for glass ware I use for event decorations and such. When I accomplish that, it will actually leave 2 sets of shelves open. We have a massive basement with lots of nooks and crannies! He also has 2 giant sets of shelves and 2 cabinets with his stuff.

The clutter is stuff we got from his parents home, but has no real value (not even sentimental, as he doesn't know where it came from), like a china set, a drawer full of linens, those 2 coffee tables.

At issue is that I have a design degree and I didn't get to use it in my own furnishings.

Ok, yes, I am defensive, so obviously most of the clutter is mine, but when it is mine it is not clutter it is a collection.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• I am in constant declutter mode too.
              I do the same before garbage day...lol....try to get every piece of trash & recycling out. I look through the garage for more.
              Exceptions are if it's useable, I will post it on Craigslist or freecycle.
              K

Comment

• Lol..i had to chuckle at the last line on the post!!!

Karin

Comment

• Hi kmarie! The stuff I am trashing is the kind of stuff that is a broken part to something or a scrap of something I liked the texture on, nothing of any value except to someone who collects trash that they might be able to turn into a piece of art or use in a craft. The problem with our crafts is that we usually do one thing and then are bored and don't do that kind of craft again (except for the knitting, sewing, card making, and painting), and then we end up with bits and pieces all over the place.

Karin, if I am going to be really honest, his is really a collection, and mine is the junk. There I said it, but will never admit it to anyone else!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Secret safe with me lol

Karin

Comment

• 253.6, the one day I manage to stay out of the sweets my weight goes up 2 pounds. Crazy scale!

So, my dad is doing remarkably well. Pain is at manageable levels, he is much more coherent, they even got him to stand up yesterday. They have made plans for his transport back to his home town where he will be in a rehab facility until he is mobile enough for my mom to take care of him at home. This is truly amazing, given that just a few days ago he had a "mass" behind his right eye, was totally immobile and incoherent.

Thanks for all your well wishes, thoughts and prayers.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Excellent News
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I know! Thanks.

So yesterday, I finished painting the frames that are going into our master bedroom, and finished the photoshopping for the pictures that go into them. I will have them printed after I get the kids back to school after the holidays. I have to paint that room before I can hang them anyway.

I also cleared one of the work tables I had cluttered downstairs, painted ornaments for my parents and siblings, cleaned house and found patterns for the 2 batches of yarn I have waiting for projects (one is a turtleneck sweater and the other is going to be a wrap/shawl/big scarf. I am a bit worried about the sweater. I had been making a kind of cardigan with that yarn for the past year and a half or so (it was the project I did while sitting at rifle practice). I had stopped to do a baby blanket, and am now getting back to it, and it was gi-nourmous. So I ripped it out, and decided to make the turtle neck. But need to determine the size. So I am going to do the shawl first, then the sweater.

Today I run errands, clean up the house, search for the stocking stuffers I have stashed, and knit.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Great news about your dad. Any idea how long he will be in the rehab hospital?

Karin

Comment

• no, but he didn't love the place the last time he had to go years ago, so he is very motivated to do what he needs to do get back into the house. He has to have a roommate at the place, and he didn't care for his. They might be ok with us bringing him home on the 28th when the grandkids will all be there. Of course he may prefer not to, when you add 4 siblings and our significant others along with our 9 kids to a small beach cottage that is usually very quiet, it can get crazy.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Ahhhh..Well at least it will be quiet over the holidays to help with getting well..Well at least as quiet as a hospital can get.

Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X