• Show
Clear All

• Well that sounds promising..

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• yep, so far so good. Either that or we are all in denial and just hearing what we want to hear
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Than goodness for a little positive news.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• today we wait. Turns out that the gift my parents asked for is for all the grandkids to be together one day. The others chose the 28th. Rats. So we are holding off going so that we don't spend our entire time off sitting around there. We will see. Not sure why they couldn't do the 24th or the 25th. Only one of the four of us siblings has in-laws so surely they could have worked something else out. But as per usual my input was not sought, even though we have the farthest to travel (everyone else is basically already there). grrr.

251.2, holding steady, gotta stay out of Doodla's baked goods though, too many sweets are making my tummy feel puffy, even though my weight has been hovering right here.

Gotta run to Trader Joes' today, essentially gotta get the fresh veggies daily cause I don't know when we are leaving.

The hubs needs to transfer the beer to the keg today, as well as take something to one of the plane co-owners who is taking the plane for Christmas and needs what ever it is that Honey has. I am hopeful that whatever Honey has to do that will hold up a quick departure is being done as I type.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I would think that especially NOW plans can be changed..

Karin

Comment

• ok, well, whatever, Honey is, for reasons I am not certain of, not happy with me. I did mention to him that it was my hope that he was planning to make sure anything he needed to do was getting done so that if we needed to we could head out pronto. He did not seem to care for the suggestion. I suspect that, even though it was the only time I mentioned it to him, it may feel like I was nagging?

Anyway, on to the good stuff...I talked to my dad this morning. He knew who I was and asked me about Honey and the kids, thanked me for the Christmas Card, and said he was looking forward to seeing us this week. Then he started talking about some things that we were going to have to learn so we could help him, and one of us was going to get a $1,000, and mom had to put him in some sort of vat to message the pain out of his leg. mmm, so I asked him if he was getting in the hot tub and he said no it was some sort of giant vat with bubbling stuff in it. mmmm, Mom gets back on the phone and says he is watching some science fiction movie and going in and out of sleep and it is mixing with his reality. She was going to turn it back to the 25 days of Christmas, he was doing better when he was watching Frosty the Snowman.

Anyway, the problem appeared to be a swelling in his brain, which is not totally unexpected given his proton treatment, they just would have expected it to have happened a few months ago. The steroids and antibiotics are shrinking the swelling and they are talking about where he goes from here (therapy facility).

Great News!!

oh, p.s. I watched The Holiday this morning on the treadmill, except for the very end (that is when my mom called) so over 15,000 steps
              Last edited by demuralist; 12-21-2013, 12:47 PM.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Hang in there. Sounds like good news on the horizon. Great way to take it out on the treadmill ....applause.

What is the holiday about?

Karin

Comment

• 2 women switch houses to get away from the end of relationships and then create new ones. Jack Black, Jude Law, Kate Blanchette, and Carmen Diaz. One of my very favorites. We were supposed to do a girls night, but it hasn't happened yet and I couldn't wait anymore.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like a great chick flick.

Karin

Comment

• Yeah my guys dont love it
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• So the storm last night passed quickly and left no damage here.

251.6, so even with crappy choices I am holding steady. Problem is that crappy choices make me feel crappy, I need to clean it up at least a little. I also think that 2 hours on the treadmill yesterday helped make me feel hungry all day as well as give me that "I deserve it" attitude for doing it. Not a good combo.

I did end up with 17,287 steps and 13 flights of stairs though. So last night, sleep was great. I stayed up to see SNL so length of time was a bit short, but quality was good (91%)

I am going to watch the "Hard Nut" on the treadmill today, it is a version of the Nutcracker that is more fun that the traditional one, and no one in the family will sit and watch it with me.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Another movie i have never heard of lol. Ok i need to be following your examples. Uhh was a slug yesterday. There is no desire to go out into what is below freezing temps but is not an excuse to sit, drink coffee, watch movies in between loss of laundry all day. Lol keep up the good work!!

Karin

Comment

• My calves are very tight today, so I sort of have to get back on the treadmill. That said I need to work on the basement a bit, it will be my Christmas gift to Honey. We don't give each other gifts per se, but he gets particular joy out of spaces being clutter free and I have 2 spaces in the basement that are very cluttered with the remains of projects, one of which I have finished and one I am almost finished with. So I will finish that one (it is the stuff for the bedroom wall), and get that ready to finish the master bedroom in January as an anniversary gift.

regarding projects. I have been reworking my living room in my head, our upholstered furniture is embarrassing, but how to do it at an extremely low cost. And it suddenly occurred to me that I have a rug in the basement that once cleaned would be perfect for the plan! I will move the rug from the living room into the dining room, to save the floor in there. Then redo the living room in a mid-century modern look, and just move the furniture that I have been collecting to that room. The only thing I would have to buy is a new chair for Honey (I want the Eames recliner and ottoman, but cannot justify $5,000 for a chair so I am looking for a quality reproduction). I just have to convince him to let me do it. It is likely my February project.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Didn't you just redo the rug in the dining room by painting it??

Karin

Comment

• I was gone from the forums for a few days, so I have just heard about your dad. So thankful that it seems to be working out, and I will pray for it to continue to do so, and for you to feel calm and strong. Thinking about you, Demuralist.

Yay for the found rug!

Comment

Working...
                                X