Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praying for your Dad.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks all, prayers and well wishes gratefully accepted.

We will likely not leave until Saturday morning. Wish they were taking him to the Mayo in Jax instead of Shands in Gainesville though. I have more confidence in the docs at the Mayo, but unfortunately I was not asked. It may also be an insurance issue, not sure what the Mayo takes.

No new word. Luckily I don't know enough about it to roam the internet for a diagnosis.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Praying pf dad. Keep us updated.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• well, it doesn't look good. There is a mass in his brain over his right eye, so current thinking is that the cancer came back. If this is true it is an extremely fast one, as they just gave him an all clear less than 6 months ago. They can't do an MRI because he has a (non-working) meditronics device that was installed in his back for back pain. So the only way they can be sure is to do a biopsy.

He is also not totally coherent, he is able to talk to you, but only part of it makes sense. ie. When my mother put up the Christmas decorations, and he came out from his nap, he thought they had moved. And could not let that idea go. She says he has been pretty rapidly going down hill for the past 2 weeks, mentally and physically.

The doc called her this morning at 4:45am to ask her a bunch of medical questions, and then at the end of it, asked if he was to be hooked up to machines should something happen before she got back to the hospital, and she said no.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I continue to keep you all in my prayers. Hugs, Chris.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• thanks
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• So sorry to hear this. Praying for you all.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Oh, hun. Really sorry to hear this. You're in my thoughts xx

Comment

• I'll echo the above sentiments, best wishes SD.

Comment

• oh no.. keeping you and your family in prayers. Hugs sistah..
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• My thoughts and prayers are with your dad, you, and your family.

Comment

• thanks all, still no new word. just roaming around cleaning house (how worried must I be if I am cleaning instead of eating?)
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• So news looks promising, I am going to quote my brother's texts..."three oncologists just stopped by and said they do not believe that what the cat scan is showing is cancer! That sounds very good! They think it is a fluid or swelling. But the only way they would know for sure is to do an MRI (which they can't do) or a brain biopsy. They fear doing an invasive procedure may do more harm than good. The plan seems to be to wait and see if his pain and confusion gets better or worse. Mom feels like he was getting rapidly worse over the last couple of week but seems a bit better today. They have given him steroids and antibiotics for infection. Other than that everything else is the same meds wise. So if these improve the situation they will stay the course."

small sigh of almost relief.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• So no word on how they might release the extra fluid?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I think they are hoping that the steroids and antibiotics will allow it to dissipate? They did another cat scan tonight, to compare to the one that gave him a cancer free diagnosis less than 6 months ago, results will be in tomorrow. But my brother says that dad said he was down to a 5 on a 1 to 10 scale of pain which is the lowest he has said in over a week!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X