Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butter cookies...regift and quickly!!

On the weight loss after a fast day...when I first started the fasting diet, the scale did not seem to agree with what I had done the day before, ever! Now, I think my body is figuring out what I am doing and being more cooperative. And as a general rule the ups and downs are less dramatic day to day. The 2 pounds this morning was weight I had already lost (my recent low being 247). But I have also had to get rid of the notion of "weight I already lost" as well, because while my daily shift now is rarely as much as 2 pounds, and in the beginning it could go up or down (usually up) 3 or 4 pounds, it still could get depressing if I got upset when it went up. My first fast of the week (which is usually after 2 non-fasting days) is never as low as the week before, it generally is the second one that gets me close to the past week, and the 3rd one that shows the drop. To be followed by 2 non-fasting days and start the whole cycle all over again!

I really think that having the 2 graphs on MFP is what made the most difference. I still put in my weight every day that I take it, on the "up day" graph, and only input a weight that is lower than the last input for the weight graph. Both are moving in a downward trend, but the "up day" graph is very jiggly.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1387386953.064437.jpg

Look what I got!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OMG so cool! You look so happy!
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          OMG so cool! You look so happy!
          ^this. Great smile

Comment

• Awesome possum! This is going to be so great for you.

Comment

• it is so awesome, I can already tell the difference in the fact that I don't now scoot my chair around in my area but walk and move and bend. So cool. My mail man said "oh man, they are making you stand now?" I said no I want to, and he was like are you crazy. Well no, if I moved as much as a mailman I would be thrilled to get to sit every once in a while.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• That is so cool!!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• 251.4 back up 2 pounds, not surprised. Doodla home 15 minutes and she is looking to bake something. Would not have had a problem with the baked good, it was the leftover icing that I got into. I would not call this a typical binge. It did not have that sort of characteristic frenzy or desperation to it. It was more of an opportunity binge, something very yummy was available, so I ate a lot of it. I don't have those pantry raid binges anymore, but I have to learn to tame the opportunity monster, and fast, this is the season of opportunity!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• well its good you have a healthier relationship with those foods you used to binge on.
                    Karin

Comment

• yep, and I was making my coffee this morning I saw that there was still toffee left over!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• *swooning* Would love a taste but I have my own pirates to deal with! LOL!
                        Karin

Comment

• that is the thing, normally homemade toffee would call my name till it was gone. And here I had forgotten about it, maybe the sugar in that icing had a negative effect on my memory!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• well, crap, reality check...My sister just called to tell me my Dad was taken to the hospital this morning. They had a list of things it is not, but not what it is. He is coherent, and though able to move, apparently not able to do so with enough vigor to get up. They plan to move him to the "teaching" hospital (2.5 hours away), ambulance I presume, apparently they don't think it is any kind of emergency situation where they need a helicopter.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• oh, prayers sent to your dad and family. Well, lets take stock in the positives:

air transportation not needed
                              transfer to a specialty hospital not needed
                              from what you say he is alert
                              movement is possible

Are you heading there now?
                              Karin

Comment

• Thinking of you and your family. Hope they are able to diagnose and treat asap. Hugs xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                                X