No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was driving Boo home. This morning I got up a few minutes late, so no weigh in (probably just as well-2 days of munching in a row). Today is a liquid fast.

Anyway, yep a regular blender will work, I used to do it in my Oster Beehive, the jar just holds less than my vitamix. In this case, you have veggies that you have boiled soft enough that you could almost mash by hand. All the nutrients stay in the liquid though, so it works perfectly.

I am doing a liquid fast today, just chug-a-luggin as much fluid as I can, hate hate hate puffy fingers (though not enough to cut out salt)

Boo was in a rare mood yesterday, relief of his first semester over and getting an A in a chemistry class that is notorious for being rough I suspect helped. He and I had great chatting time when we stopped for lunch, and for the part of the drive when he wasn't napping.

Doodla will come home on the 18th, and is catching a ride. He will spend the night so that is an easy trade off for me!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• WELL WHOOHOO for an A, and in Chem no less!

I hear you with the puffy fingers. I hate it too!! I am going to do more creamed soups (I love them) and it would be a good way of upping my veggies. In fact, it sounds good right now!!! brrr
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• well that is why I started doing the cream soups, it really only takes about 1/4C of cream to a 1lb bag or so of the frozen veggies and a cup or 2 of the broth and we usually finish it between the two of us.

That chemistry class actually helped him decide on his major (mechanical and aerospace don't require any more chemistry).
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• still holding just under 250 at 249.8 this morning, today is not a fast day. I am going to have to play with the days a bit here since we are having Honey's staff over for breakfast on Monday morning and Monday is usually my fast day. Trouble is I have to cook on Sunday so that would be a difficult day to fast. And I just fasted yesterday so today isn't the best day either. So the plan is to do liquids today until dinner, do a light dinner today then tomorrow just plan to do liquids and tasting. I can do Tuesday and Thursday as my other fasts because I work those days this week.

I am really just trying to stay below 250 through the first, so this plan should be fine.

Today is just piddling around the house kind of stuff.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Love the focus. Can you do the fast Tuesday?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
            Karin

Comment

• 249 after my non-fast day, today is a I will try to fast and see what happens.

I will fast on Tuesday this week as well as Thursday. I plan to do the cooking this morning instead of waiting until my witching hour and hope that it helps limit my tasting. I am going to make cupcakes with the York Patties that my Honey's staff gave him for Christmas and then give them the cupcakes to get those things out of the house (clever?). Thing is that those are not my favorite, and if I am going to bust my calorie limit with candy, I want it to be worth it! So the cake part will be easy to avoid, it is the frosting that will be an issue. It is a version of my buttercream, which is one of my favorites, and is going to be flavored slightly differently than what I have ever done, so some tasting is required for flavor adjustment. I just need to remind myself that in order to stay in the 240's, a 1/4tsp is plenty of taste to get the gist of what needs to be added.

I am also making an egg and sausage casserole with spinach, mushrooms, and onions, and no bread so I can have something to eat on Monday morning. I am making a French Toast 'soufflé' that is totally non-primal, but a huge hit whenever I make it, and the hubs requested it. Boo and I are going to make some egg nog this afternoon to serve, cause he likes it a lot, and homemade is best. It will be non-alcoholic, he is underage and staff will be going to work after they finish breakfast. And there will also be a fruit salad.

I want to give a little something extra, but can't think of anything that won't just be junk. I am thinking I will paint a Christmas ornament for each of them (there are 3 ladies), and put their initial on one side and the year on the other. I can do something similar every year then, just changing the details, and who can't use a nice ornament, right?
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• kind of sad and scary how many cupcakes a batch of batter makes if I am not tasting it along the way
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• sounds like you have a good plan. So the hubs staff gave him york patties? hmmm.. Another option (I have done this in the past) is to incorporate them into fudge. For me a york, even a small one goes a long ways and will hold me until like.. oh forever..LOL I have better ways of splurging.
                  Karin

Comment

• Yep, apparently one of them keeps them in a bowl on her desk and he is constantly sneaking them, I would never have guessed that, he is a huge reese's fan.

oh, I agree, actually I don't care for them at all, so the cupcake batter was an easy resist, the whipped buttercream however did not contain the york patties. Way too much tasting of that, but now I am sufficiently sick of icing, at least for a while. The batter made 3 dozen cupcakes! I am taking a dozen to work and each of his staff gets a half dozen, so that leaves a half dozen for Boo and Doodla and her friend (if they last that long, she won't be here till Wednesday).

Last night's sleep was horrible. I felt like I had a faint electrical current pulsing through my body. I don't think I am eating enough meat, so tonight it is steaks, this will make Boo very happy, Honey less so.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• hmmm.. electrical current? I have not heard of that one before!
                      Karin

Comment

• it is sort of like what it feels like as a part is falling asleep (like when you cross your legs sort of), but much less pronounced and much more full body. Not painful or even uncomfortable just enough irritation to make sleep difficult.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1387166238.651374.jpg

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1387166254.335106.jpg

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1387166401.101778.jpg

Gifts for Honey's staff. I painted their Initial on one side and '2013' on the other side. And the York Patty cupcakes. They are coming for breakfast tomorrow.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Cute! So we're the cupcakes chocolate?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                            Karin

Comment

• the cake itself was made with the York Patty, the icing is just a mint flavored whipped buttercream.

Breakfast went well, now honey is pacing because Boo is not ready to leave for his appointment. Honey likes to be early, Boo likes to sleep in till the last second. We will be on time, but won't be early!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Beautiful work on the ornaments...and the cupcakes. Though I tried really hard not to look at them.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X