No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truthfully I never really thought about what the letters actually stood for, but I do seem to remember at least once thinking the d stood for damn!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• well, glad you got one issue resolved with the hubs.

As for the nick names.. have to agree..
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I like having dd as my down day anyway.

So he came home and said he never expected me to talk to my boss about it, he was researching IRS code to figure out how to best handle it. So score. He is in a pretty decent mood and did not immediately turn the tv on so that we could chat for a while. Nice
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• NICE!!! I see balance being restored
          Karin

Comment

• Yeah, I am way too cute and clever for him to stay mad at me, even about money☺️
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• well that goes without saying..
              Karin

Comment

• Glad things are smooth on the homefront again. (Still failing to see why he should get mad at you about any of those things, but people will do what they are going to do.)

And Congrats on getting all that stuff done. You are a MACHINE!

I don't use DD, DS, DH, but I DO like the versatility of what the 'D' can stand for, even if only in your imagination!

Comment

• heeheehee, he is a money guy (CPA and prof accounting/auditing), and I am soooo not. It is much more important to him than to me, so 99% of our conflicts are going to be about that. Luckily they are relatively short conflicts. Of course I am about to spend too much money on doodla's Christmas present, which, if I get caught, will piss him off royally. Especially after this week:roll eyes:I don't learn my lessons well.

So my 5:2 forum did a survey to see if they could discern any connections in the way the diet was being implemented and the speed of weight loss. Besides the obvious factors (gender, amount needed to lose, length of time on the diet, number of fasts a week) the other thing that positively affected the speed of loss was length of time the fast and how long people went without carbs during their fast. Such that people who were doing 3 small meals a day did not do as well as people who did one meal a day, and people who did their fast day VLC and carried that into part of the next day did best. Over the past almost year (the forum is not a year old yet) Men averaged just over a pound a week and women just under. Oh, one other thing, people who exercised lost weight no faster than those who didn't.

These results fit in with what I am learning, that I do better and feel better when my fast day is basically a fat bomb situation (this week it is iced coffees and tea with cream, coconut milk, and collagen powder all day) and I carry that until I get home from work the next day. Then I spend my non-fasting days throwing in the protein and veggies and not quite so high on the fat. Then one day a week (sometimes 2) I just don't pay attention and allow carbs or what ever. It is definitely becoming a habit and is so much easier than in the beginning.

Today is a fast day.

I went to bed early last night, and slept like a log (not like a log sleeps but like a log is, non moving), woke up at 6, ready to go. Unfortunately it is 19 degrees outside though no rain or snow since yesterday so it is relatively dry. I have my days off for this year all figured out and today is not one I can take off, so this southern girl is driving to work. It is expected to be just above freezing by 9 though so it should not be a problem except for the normal stuff, ie. idiots on the road.
                  Last edited by demuralist; 12-11-2013, 06:25 AM.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    heeheehee, he is a money guy (CPA and prof accounting/auditing), and I am soooo not. It is much more important to him than to me, so 99% of our conflicts are going to be about that. Luckily they are relatively short conflicts. Of course I am about to spend too much money on doodla's Christmas present, which, if I get caught, will piss him off royally. Especially after this week:roll eyes:I don't learn my lessons well.
                    What did you do, buy her a car??

As for the other.. interesting about the exercising. I am at the mindset that you do not exercise to lose weight. You exercise to keep your joints loose rather than stiff and to keep up the limberness which will help avoid injury. yayaya.. nothing new there! LOL Takes me a while to get there..

brrrr... it sounds cold there like it was here. We are warming up to a balmy 35 degrees I think.
                    Karin

Comment

• I am getting her a birthstone ring. It is emerald, and stunning, from BFF's daughter's future in-laws who own a local legend jewelry store. I haven't heard the "friends" price yet but the asking is $575 (ouch).

we are supposed to reach 45 today.

I like walking, and need to get back on it, maybe when the new fitbit arrives it will motivate me again since this one will talk to my phone (theoretically).
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• fitbit came yesterday, but I don't need it to tell me that I had a lousy sleep last night. I could not get warm as I was trying to fall asleep, which is usually a good thing but I kept having little muscle spasms from trying to hold myself close. So I finally got up and put on some socks and a heavier top shirt. This was fine for falling asleep, but then it was of course too warm later in the night. grrr.

Today I go pick up Boo (this is what I will be calling my son) from school. We will stop for lunch on the way home so today will not be a fast day.

As it turns out neither was yesterday. We did a spur of the moment card game, so that we could finish off the keg. Their next brew (a pumpkin ale) is ready to put in a keg, so they decided to celebrate by finishing the last brew. (BFF's husband helps my Honey with the brew process). But my weight this morning is holding at 250 and I gotta tell ya, I have some seriously puffy fingers. We did cheese and chicken wings and a creamy veggie soup and I got them a loaf of tomato basil bread from panera to go with the soup. Naturally I had a piece, but I was restrained and did not dive in for more, though it was very good.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• FWIW.. I call my daughter Boo, Bug or Lil.. Lillian if I am annoyed because it annoys her. LOL

yummm pumkin ale.. wish it was packageable!! I have decided wine is needed over the holiday.

holding to 250 is exciting to me!! You worked hard to get there. You know, I have noticed when I eat out I get super puffy. I know the best thing for me is to eat at home but I know its nice to eat out.

creamy veggie soup?? Did you make this?
                          Karin

Comment

• yep, and I will gladly share the easiest recipe for soup in the world!!!

Put a bag of frozen veggies in a pot with some nice broth (I use my bone broth when I have it and it tastes best this way). It is the whole bag in a good sized pot with an inch or 2 of broth (I don't measure any of this). Boil it till the veggies are soft. Put in a blender (Vitamix not required because you boiled the stiffness out of the veggies), add cream and leave the clear vent off the lid, but put a paper towel over the whole. This should fill no more than half of your blender. Now blend till smooth, add more cream or broth to thin if necessary. Season as desired, usually at least salt and pepper is enough. I have done this with just broccoli, just cauliflower, just artichokes, just carrots, and just spinach, but I have also ventured into using mixed bags of veggies as well. We put it in a mug and have it as a side with dinner, extra veggies and super yummy.

yep, holding 250 is pretty exciting to me too.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Ok but a reg blender will work right?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                              Karin

Comment

• * knock knock knock* anyone home?
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X