No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sorry about the husband issues. I feel your pain.

I've always wanted to go to the Ryman. My mother loved the Gaither Gospel reunions that started there.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am wondering, could his aids need an adjustment? If they are not comfortable or maybe there is a ringing or buzz he does not register but is there might explain why he needs a "rest for his ears". I work with audiologists at schools for the kids and very often there needs to be tweaks for those items and not because they are growing.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• nah, he says his ears need to "air out" they are not uncomfortable, honestly I think he is just trying to save the batteries I told him that what goes on at home is way more important than what goes on at work, he should switch and wear them here and not there. He could also try turning the tv to mute and that would make it easier too, but he gets irritated if I mute it (ie. take control-however temporary- of the remote). Some day he will realize he misses out on a lot, and will figure out a way to let his ears "air out" and still hear what his family says.

P, the old Ryman is a lovely place, if we do the Grand Ole Opry we will only do it when it is there (in the summer it is at the old one downtown, the rest of the year the crowds are bigger so they take it out to the new one- which has not got the personality or acoustics and it is a pain to get to from my home), I despise the new one.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Wow, I didn't even know there was a new one.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• The "new" one is out by the Gaylord Hotel, since 1974, and used to have a theme park as well as the hotel. But they tore down the theme park to build the Outlet Mall in 2000. The Ryman holds about 2,000 people, the Opryhouse holds about 5,000.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1386682499.166330.jpg

ok, not the greatest photo, but it was the greatest show!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• oh how fun!!! What about pics of you and the hubs dressed up?
                Karin

Comment

• yess, well hubs and I are in one of our few down slumps right now (nothing serious)....after he got over the $436 bill on Sunday, a receipt for the $100 I gave to the Nashville Food Project came yesterday (he would normally have not said anything but everything in life is about timing right?). By the time the show was over he had gotten over it though, but no happy pics of us together! Then I forgot to turn off my notifications last night before we went to bed and got a text notification at 4:19am that Metro schools had closed. Explain to me why a man who cannot hear normal conversation can here a phone vibrate in a room with a white noise fan going? Anyway, he is ticked at me again. I am batting 1000, is I believe how baseball fans would put it
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• ugh.. blame it on the holidays. People are always extra edgy this time of year.
                    Karin

Comment

• He told BFF last night that he had a stressful meeting today that he was not looking forward to. He doesn't lie, he isn't always fully forthcoming with all the details, you have to sometimes be very careful what you ask him when you are trying to get info he doesn't want to come out with, but he doesn't lie. So I am sure that he does have a stressful meeting today, but he has one of those almost weekly, not sure what is different with this one. He is freaking out about money right now because of how much the house maintenance is costing us right now. We have never lived in a house long enough to have to experience these sorts of maintenance costs.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• would downsizing be an option to reduce stress? We are experiencing maintanace issues as well.. we have 3 bathrooms. 1 bathroom needs: all new bath/shower and toilet, one needs new toilet and sink with counter etc, one needs new sink and toilet. Then, we have dishwasher maintenance, we would love new siding and its on the list, need new carpet for dining and living room. I hear your pain.
                        Karin

Comment

• nah, we are here for a while, just paid it off, and he is extremely opposed to fees (closing, realtor, lawyer, etc). He will get over it, and I am going to talk to my boss to see what I can work out as far as using the desk as my 'charitable contribution" for the next 4 years. We usually write a check for $100 a year, so not doing that for 4 years would cover it.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• ok, so the boss is going to have the bookkeeper write a check to reimburse me for the desk. So one of the 3 issues Honey has have been resolved. The $100 check to charity, well there is nothing to resolve. And the last one, well I just have to remember to put my phone to not get notifications when I go to bed, just need to create the habit. I did also unsubscribe to the Metro announcements.

On the food front, well I actually went the whole day yesterday with no solids, I just drank my iced coffee and tea and water. Actually never really thought about it. I was doing Christmas decorating (done, thank you very much), addressing cards (done, thank you very much), writing the letter (done, thank you very much), and cleaning (done, well as much as cleaning is ever done). and getting it all done by 4:30 so that I could get ready to go out last night.

So, as I was getting ready to go, I was, well, less than merry. So the Christmas outfits I had to choose from were not appropriate. Oh I tried them on, but did not feel like I could carry any of them off. So I just wore a black velvet skirt and a pretty sweater that is black with a pattern that looks like white ribbons twisted to look like roses. It felt better, and though not bright and cheerful, it wasn't morbid or dreary. I did wear my new granny boots and stole a pair of Christmas socks from Doodla's closet (see what I did there, no longer calling her DD). Also wore a necklace that belonged to my Great Aunt, it is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry but don't often get to wear it.

Today when I get home, I need to sign the letters and write a personal note at the bottom and stuff the envelopes so I can put them in the mail tomorrow. And today is not a fast day, so I will eat something.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• oh, and I don't think I mentioned this, but I have started taking the collagen from Great Lakes, 2T a day, am and pm. I am pretty sure it is helping with my joints. I am also taking VSL#3, a probiotic for IBD. Between the collagen and the probiotic, I think I am feeling better, maybe be a placebo effect, but I have less issues with hunger, and joints, think I am sleeping better (which may also be the cold), and my emotions are more stable (I have not cried once in this whole weekend full of "fun" episodes with Honey). It has been a week today with the VSL#3, and about 2 weeks on the collagen (thus totally ignoring my own advice to only change or add one thing at a time so you can be sure of what is making the difference).
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Somehow DD and DS does not make me want to vomit like DH does. Lol
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X