Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1386430905.700756.jpg

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1386430925.229739.jpg

Ok. This is the best I can do selfie wise. The only full length mirror in the house is in DD's room and it is a bit crowded in there. But I think you get the idea.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Wow!! LOVE that outfit on you!
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• thanks, the picture is a bit dark, especially since it is a black skirt, but the shirt is really the fun stuff. It is such a tight crop because of DD's narrow mirror.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oooh pretty!
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• CUTE outfit!! You need to make the hubs take you out so you can wear it before its TOO BIG!!!
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• yep, I thought of that The skirt I could wear for quite a while it would just get longer and the heels would get higher, the blouse I can take in the darts for about as long, but I suspect by next Christmas it might be asking too much of it.

I will probably wear the blouse to work the week before Christmas, in fact I was thinking I need to pull out all the holiday tops I have that fit or are going to be too big to wear by next season and wear them to work in the next 2 weeks, get festive on myself!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Oh, indeed. You need to get those out and wear them. No doubt, next year, time for more thrift store finds.

You look great
                -- Ruth

Comment

• So I am starting this week with my "Thursday is errand day, and the 3 day weekend is for projects and housekeeping". The project this week is to get the house decorated and the cards sent and vacuum the entire house to hopefully catch most of the sparkly bits the decorations drop on their way from the attic to their destinations.

I am bringing out the homemade ornaments and the ones that were given to us as gifts for the tree this year. I use a white tree because we used to put up 2 trees and one was real and one was the fake one. So all the dark colored ornaments went on the white tree and all the light colored ones went on the green tree. Now we don't do the real one anymore, since DH put the fish tank in my tree spot. The white tree is in the front window and it usually has a color theme but this year I am going with sentimental.

The weather outside is nasty, we are getting freezing rain mixed with a bit of snow flurries right now. This does not bode well for our church's Walk Through Bethlehem, it is supposed to clear a bit by the time it starts at 1, but it will still be cold, and it will cut down on the crowd. It is such a shame that they have put so much effort into it only to have the weather chase off all but the most determined. Most of it is inside, but the manger scene part and the live animals are outside as well as the line that forms are all outside. Oh well, glad my part is over for this year!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• It is cold and icky here, too, which I don't enjoy in the least Some day, I'm going to be able to be a snow bird and go somewhere warm (or warmer) in the winter!

That's too bad about the Walk. It sounds like such a neat event!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Our big life plan is to have a small place in the Amelia Island area and a small place here. Though if this city keeps growing at this pace it will not be the kind of place we want to retire to. We feel pretty sure that grandkids will be more interested in visiting grandparents who live at or very near the beach, and Amelia is close enough to the Mayo that our health issues will be well handled.

We have talked with a few of our friends about the idea of buying a piece of land and building a separate house for each of us on it, then building a small "community" house in the center that we could put a very large living room in so that we could gather for dinner and cards and what not, and also have living space so that we could hire nurses/concierge that could then have a private place to hang out when we didn't "need them" but would be close by to make sure we got to our doc visits and got our meds on time. A sort of mini-retirement village at the beach. Though we have been looking at Virtual Retirement Villages as well.

The weather actually looks like it may be clearing a bit, so hopefully it will clear enough for the WTB.

We were watching football games yesterday and in both of the games we watched the people in the crowd and on the side lines were in shirt sleeves. I can't figure out where they were playing, I thought pretty much most of the country was getting nasty weather.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• hubs is upset with me. I ordered the standing desk for work, but since I work for a non-profit, and this has been an expensive year for maintenance and office equipment, I chose to just pay for it. $436, I figured was a good investment in my health. The credit card receipt came in and apparently DH did not agree. I will talk to the boss and let him know that I am going to donate the desk and that it will be my charitable contribution for the next couple of years. That should prevent issues with our budget at work and appease DH. I didn't discuss my solution with DH because I had already told him what I was going to do about the desk before I ordered it but he is hearing impaired and doesn't wear his hearing aids at home. Often he doesn't hear what I say but figures I am just chatting (my normal modus operandi) and so he doesn't ask for clarification or repeat. I have not yet learned the difference between when he doesn't respond because he doesn't think a response is required and when he doesn't respond because he doesn't really know what I said and it is easier for him to just let it go. Apparently this was the latter situation. So I had a slew of emotions going on all afternoon, mostly frustration, irritation, and sadness, among others that I cannot name (not sure what the words would be), while I am doing the Christmas decorations and cards. Not the best spirit to be in to do that!

Anyway, all that to say that yesterday was the first time in I don't know how long that I actually ate out of emotion as opposed to hunger (or at least close to hunger). Now it wasn't a sit down (or even a stand up) and binge, so I have gotten better. I just ate a few things when I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner. A handful of sunflower seeds, a handful of dried cranberries, a fist sized hunk of homemade bread with butter, then I stopped and made a cup of tea. The way I know it was irritation and not hunger? The whole time I am prowling around my brain is saying "stop, you are not hungry, eating will not make these emotions go away, putting that in your mouth is going to make you feel worse, etc".

But as I said, I am getting better. That amount of food and the amount of time I was prowling was minuscule compared to what I would have done in the past.

Today is a fast day, thank goodness! I am aiming for an all liquid one.

We are going to a Christmas concert tonight at the "World Famous" Ryman Theater to see Brian Setzer and his Orchestra. So excited. BFF and her DH are going with us, and it is a chance to wear one of my Christmas outfits.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Ah, Chris, sorry to hear that. Sometimes, DHs are a pain in the rear!!!!

Emotional eating is no fun, but proud that you named it and tamed it (some at any rate).

You are going to look fabulous tonight. Have a GREAT time.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• What's the saying about easier to ask for forgiveness than permission....

Brian Setzer is a legend, I sit here most envious, have a good, no great night!

Comment

• so sorry you had this conflict with the hubs. Does he realize the importance of wearing his aids to prevent misunderstandings etc.?

As for your emotional eating, I would say it was minimal and it looks like you are moving on food wise.

What a fun concert! Pics!!! Have a great time!
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ruth, I walked around all afternoon and evening wondering why I was so focused on getting married when I was single! and thanks

doubleD, Yep, he will get over it, and eventually I will too, but not without trying to fix it first

Thanks, We love swing, even did a week long swing dance camp for our honeymoon. And the Ryman is the perfect place to see a concert, it is big enough to not feel like you are alone in the audience but small enough to feel a part of the show, and the acoustics are fantastic. The only bad part? Wooden bench pews for seating, even with the cushioning I carry around naturally, the bum gets tired.

*cross posted*I have 'mentioned':roll eyes: more than a few times (he would of course call it nagged) about the hearing aids, as have each of the kids, he says his ears need a rest from wearing them, whatever. I didn't say anything yesterday when he asked about why the charge was on our credit card, I just let him walk away pissed, cause he didn't have them on and I didn't want to bother cause I was pissed too.
                                Last edited by demuralist; 12-09-2013, 07:53 AM.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X