No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations on the new low! That is awesome.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thank you
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yay!

Interesting in how the break in routine affected you. i find I often need 'transitions' between activities, and in the past, one of my transitions was often food.

Comment

• Hmm, lots to think about there, that's really interesting stuff. I had to look up the oil pulling, being a newcomer, and it was kinda surprising, though not nearly as surprising as commenting to DH about it and getting a positive response (he suffers with gum disease). I'll leave him to it, he'll probably go off and do his own research and pick it up when he's ready.
          As for the afternoon routine, I'm searching for some new routines myself. At the moment, and only for another week or so, I have the school run. So technically I'm supposed to do an hour's work from home when I get in, but other than the first couple of nights, when I did it and found it easy, I have not been able to get on with it. I think that has something to do with it getting darker earlier, too. But I found that if I watch an episode of a tv series, I have much more get up and go afterward. Hmm, I don't suppose there is really any point to this, except that its amazing what a change of perspective can do - thinking about something else, rather than the usual.

WTG on the new low as well - how exciting

Comment

• oh yes, the transition into the house is almost always about food. And not just my house but my parents as well. Weird that one, cause I never lived in the house they are in now! So anything that can kick me out of the 'walk into the house equals eating' transition is a good thing.

the dark early is really wreaking havoc with my motivation to actually do anything when I get home from work. If I sit down that is pretty much the end of it, if I turn on the tv it practically takes a crow bar to get me up to do anything, odd given how much I generally dislike watching it.

I think the bigger transition from thanksgiving to not worked because I had the 8 hours drive and when I got home virtually none of the leftovers, so it worked out pretty well as far as shifting back into the fasting routine.

thanks
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 249.4 after a non-fast, so I feel like I am officially in the 40's now

I did everything I set out to do yesterday, except have the car washed, but it was raining so I felt like I should pass on that.

I colored and cut my hair so I look like my picture again, yeah! We are supposed to go to DH's office party tonight, it is a pretty fancy shindig, so I pulled out a skirt out of my closet that I have never worn. I had bought it in an after Christmas sale years ago with the notion that "oh I will be thin enough to wear this next year" and have not been....yet. So while I have been this weight in time for the party before I have not fit in it before, weird. It is a lovely long black (maybe taffeta or taffeta like material minus the wrinkles) skirt. It is pleated but the pleats are sewn shut down to the lower hips, so it lays flat against the tummy. Then I have a blouse of the material that has a diagonal plaid of pinks and greens on a black background. Again, never worn, same reason. So yesterday I sewed the button placket so it wouldn't gap at the chest and it works perfectly with the skirt. Makes my waist look tiny (for me).

Bad news, it will likely be that we don't go because the storm is expected to hit us by 5 and linger through. And while I generally like the people that DH works with, I would not want to spend the night with them even in that gorgeous mansion (it is at the mansion of the Cheek family-of Maxwell house fame). And I obviously do not want to drive in it.

the good news is that I am feeling very full of myself getting into that outfit, so that is consolation even if no one gets to see it. The other good news, I don't have to put on make-up tonight or stand around in heels or worry about breaking my fast or having to come home and take my make up off when I am so dead tired.

The other thing I finished yesterday was turning the plastic doggy igloo into a stone oven, what a mess, though in the end it looked great and it was delivered and out of my basement this morning. The church's Walk Through Bethlehem is this Sunday, hope the weather clears by then. Here is a link to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walk-...59796217390097
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• 40's??? WHOOHOOO!! Congrats!! I think you should still put it on and take a pic!! Bummer about the weather. We are not getting any moisture, just frigid cold. They cancelled the light parade for tomorrow night because of the temperatures.
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Woo hoo!!! I want a picture!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I will work on a selfie this weekend

they specifically said they were not cancelling our Christmas parade tonight, starts at 5, about 30 minutes after the freezing rain is predicted. I feel really bad for those band kids, who is going to stand in freezing rain and watch a parade?
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• ugh!! I know with the windchill here we are looking at below freezing. I will miss the light parade in DErby. I never knew there were parades at night!! Hoping they do not cancel the one for my hometown next weekend though.
                      Karin

Comment

• they, just announced that it was canceled, not sure if they will reschedule or not.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I saw the pictures of the Christmas party, it had a small gathering, mostly people who lived in the vicinity of the Cheek Mansion. We could probably have made it, since the temps didn't drop till after midnight, but people around here are idiots on the road when the weather is bad, hurrying to get where they are going to get out of the weather and texting ahead to say they are on their way is the norm. (they also buy up all the bread and milk-weird)

248.8 after a fast, though not my most successful one, luckily doing 3 a week helps give a bit of wiggle room to the numbers, at least for now. I am sure eventually I will have to tighten up on those a bit, and hopefully it will just come naturally, like dieting ever does

today is all about Christmas, I will go and pick up my cards (I got lazy again this year and just did the picture cards, in years past I made our cards) address them and finish editing the letter. I try to write just a couple of sentences on each of us, (keep it light, keep it bright, keep it gay -sorry we just saw "The Producers"), without any bragging. I have a dilemma this year since DD is so heavily involved in SEAT (sexual empowerment at UT) and Sex Week this year, because if I don't say anything about it she will be hurt (rightfully so) and if I do DH will be unhappy. So far I am using the SEAT part and putting in her objective without including the Sex Week part.

there is also, of course the perennial house keeping that must be done. I don't know why we have to do this stuff when it only needs done again next week!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• ahhh reminds me to get back on the Christmas letter so it can be mailed!
                            Karin

Comment

• I'm thinking no letter this year...not even sure we'll do cards. Or, maybe only cards to people who we aren't linked with on FB. I usually spend a lot of time trying to make fun Christmas letters. No energy for it this year But, next year, I'm planning a great one!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Almost none of the people on our list are on FB, or at least don't check regularly. Plus I try not to put stuff about my kids on my FB page, I figure if they want the info out there they would put it out there. I send about 75 cards every year, there is a base of 50 that never change, the other 25 are usually for DH's work, and I don't usually send them the letters, unless they also know my kids. I like getting the letters, so I send them, I am always sad when I get a card and it is just the signature inside.

Alrighty, time to put all those decorations I pinned into real life scenarios in my home
                                Last edited by demuralist; 12-07-2013, 08:18 AM.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X