No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the photo in this journal is pre-photoshopping. I just bought a video tutorial at the same time I bought the photoshop, you just have to have the patience and desire to get it done.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Wonderful picture. You both look so happy. And cool!

Comment

• Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• so I am taking a break at work, and will report in now...

250.4 this morning after my fast yesterday, so I am within a pound of my recent low weight and should get there within a week or so, reasonably easy recovery from what ended up being 5 days of gluttony.

I am in the process of getting a new fitbit, this one has totally finished talking to my computer, so I am biting the bullet and getting a new one. At least the new one will also talk to my phone (theoretically). So I have nothing on my steps, stairs, or sleep.

My new hours at work come with a new title..."Director of Membership Services". And I will be salaried instead of hourly, which worries DH to no end, but I am sure it will be fine. He fears they will take advantage, well technically that I will let them, and while I would be prone to let them, they are unlikely to.

Turns out that DD had a kidney infection. Odd because she drinks a ridiculous amount of water. But she ended up running a temperature on Sunday night after I had dropped her off, so she went to the health clinic and did a test. Luckily the drugs are cheap, and the doc said she would be feeling normal again by late today or early tomorrow. She is a Kefir and yogurt eater so she should be fine as far as side effects go. Her finals don't start until next Tuesday and after she turns in a paper today she pretty much has no more classes, so sleep and study is all that is on the agenda till the finals.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Heya. Wow lots going on ... the new title sounds nice and fancy I'm sure it will work itself out around hours and stuff, so long as you start as you mean to go on.

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon, its a tough time to be coming down with something.

Good luck with the new fitbit, I'm sure it will be heaps of fun

Comment

• Well glad you have DDs diagnosis down, she will fill relief soon i am sure.

Hey congrats on the job front. If it's salaried, it's there a job description. That will often tell you the expectation for the job so you can stay within the guidelines and not be taken advantage of.

250!! Jealous!!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yes he gave me a very specific list of my job requirements. There is a possibility of having to work after hours on occasion when we rent out a space. But my direct boss and I have already discussed that would mean coming in late or taking a day off to compensate. My employee manual says as much. I get 10 paid days off. Given I only work 3 days a week that is essentially 3+ weeks paid vacation and of course I can trade days with my boss to allow for 4 day weekends if I need them.

Yep the 250 feels very good today especially, my pants are baggy. Went to my Gastro doc yesterday and I have lost 25 lbs from the last time I was there, 6 months ago.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  Yes he gave me a very specific list of my job requirements. There is a possibility of having to work after hours on occasion when we rent out a space. But my direct boss and I have already discussed that would mean coming in late or taking a day off to compensate. My employee manual says as much. I get 10 paid days off. Given I only work 3 days a week that is essentially 3+ weeks paid vacation and of course I can trade days with my boss to allow for 4 day weekends if I need them.

Yep the 250 feels very good today especially, my pants are baggy. Went to my Gastro doc yesterday and I have lost 25 lbs from the last time I was there, 6 months ago.
                  Nice!!!!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                  Karin

Comment

• Hope your daughter feels better soon. Modern medicine/medication is such a blessing when it works the way it is supposed to. But how vexing that this happened in spite of drinking plenty of water. I thought (was hoping) that that gives you super powers, at least where your bladder and kidney are concerned!

I notice how relaxed your attitude is about getting back to your low weight easily. Such a change. It is wonderful. Makes me very happy for you.

P.S. Oil-pulling as I peruse journals this morning.

Comment

• Luckily she is young and strong and healthy and is likely to have a pretty speedy recovery. She was still having fluctuating temps yesterday, but I would be surprised if she is not feeling close to 100% today. She is scheduled to go to a luncheon today with Dr. Bass (of Body Farm "fame") and his wife and their dog (DD says they always bring the dog). I am sure she is doing everything she can to make sure she doesn't have to miss that.

I do have a pretty relaxed attitude about getting back on track and getting back to my low weight pretty easily. And it is a huge change, absolutely fantastic really. Thanks, it makes me happy for me too!

Rats, forgot the oil pulling again! I think I am going to just do it when I first get home from work, and stop worrying about the rule of not haven eaten before you do it.

So 249.8 this morning, after a non-fasting day. Today is a fasting day. According to my "up-day" weight graph, my daily fluctuations are getting smaller. Interesting.

Here is a nice article on intermittent fasting...Intermittent fasting boosts weight loss and brain power, say researchers - National diets | Examiner.com

Work is very quiet this week, I was the only one in house after 2:30 yesterday! Both of my bosses are out today, so it will be very quiet! This will give me time to catch up on all the tiny stuff that gets put off.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• So with oil pullings.. you just take a spoon of CO? Is that to increase your fat for satiety?
                        Karin

Comment

• no no, you put a tsp of either coconut oil or sesame oil (or other suggested ones I can't think of right now) and swish it in your mouth for 20 minutes then you spit it out. It is supposed to help remove toxins. Oil Pulling: Health Benefits or Health Hype? I just don't see myself doing it in the morning for 20 minutes before I ingest anything, so I think doing it as I walk in from work (I would have an empty stomach then) will work best for me. We shall see.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Ahhh ha!!! Well, this would work for me in the morning. I wonder how long you do it before you see results?
                            Karin

Comment

• apparently 2 weeks for the teeth to whiten longer for the other benefits.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• 247.4!! New low! yesterday was a fast day, today is not.

So yesterday when I came home from work, I did the oil pulling with a very scant tsp of coconut oil. Then rinsed my mouth with mouthwash (probably putting the toxins right back in, salt water is suggested). What that did was actually make me not want to eat. Not sure why. Usually when I work I am wondering what I am going to do for calories on the way home in the car. On fast days, like yesterday, I usually decide on a smoothie, though I change my mind about half the time when I get home. Well yesterday I didn't want to forget to do the pull so I didn't think about what to eat/drink, just how I was going to accomplish the pull. So I got home, put the oil in my mouth and proceeded to clean the kitchen and living room areas. This took 20 minutes, so I spit the oil into the trash (it had turned milky as it was supposed to) and rinsed my mouth. Then I contemplated food. I made myself a cup of tea and decided to wait and make myself salmon and spinach for dinner. And that is what I did.

I am not sure if it was actually having the oil in my mouth for 20 minutes or if it was making myself wait and do something else on my way in the door that took that almost desperate feeling out of the afternoon, but my afternoon had a decidedly different feel. I liked it, will do it every day after work. I may also do it during my witching hour on days off when I get that looking for food in all the wrong places feeling that I have to fight off most afternoons. Now I usually do use this time to actually eat my meal, but this oil pulling process seemed to have a calming effect (for lack of a better description).

Today is errands, then color my hair (must do this we have DH's Christmas party tomorrow night, cannot have roots-photos will be taken), and I have got to finish making the plastic doggy igloo look like a stone oven and deliver it no later than tomorrow morning at 8:30 so that the "baker" can set up his booth in Bethlehem in time for the Walk Through Bethlehem on Sunday afternoon.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X