No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There and back in one piece! Took 8 house round trip, 4 there (there was an accident), lunch and gas and then 3 back. Oh, Cracker Barrel for lunch, not quite a fast day, but I did ok, I had 2 eggs, bacon, 1 biscuit, a few bites of the grits (those were not worth the calories so I stopped)

oh, gravy is not my forte, actually turkey is the best either since I only make it once a year, but I rock the side dishes!

Would love to have company for Thanksgiving or leftovers!!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So, not gonna go into the food for these few days. Not gonna worry about it. Just plan to enjoy my children and husband for whom I am so very grateful. I feel blessed that I still have both of my parents and all of my siblings. I feel very lucky to have found this crew, and I thank you all for your support! Have my health and a warm home, great friends and a fantastic support group...for this and so much more I am so very thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sounds like you have a great plan. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

• Love it!! Let me tell you my gravy secret if i have no renderings in the pan..a packet in which you just add water. Enjoy the food and the family!! Happy Thanksgiving sista!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I agree. Enjoy the family. No worries about the food.
            Happy Thanksgiving, Chris!
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Karin, I am gonna admit mine is even easier, Trader Joes sells it by the carton.

Thanks all!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                Karin, I am gonna admit mine is even easier, Trader Joes sells it by the carton.

Thanks all!
                You win!!! Lol!!!

Karin

Comment

• it is best when making a turkey dinner to admit my frailties and play up my strong points!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Agreed! My dinner today is not so fancy but will be delicious. Great homemade items, then ready made stuff for the picky eater.

Karin

Comment

• Mine is actually fairly simple as well, lots of sides though so I don't have to cook again till next week.

DD is not feeling well. Not sure if she caught a cold or if her sinuses finally gave out from the stress of all that she does on top of the cat the roommate is keeping in their dorm room. DD is mildly allergic to cats and dust mites, not usually a problem but add them all together with not enough sleep, and you get problems. We are babying her, with my concoction and lots of hot tea, plenty of sleep too. She should be ready to go by the time she goes back.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Well that stinks! My mom and daughter are still battling the cold. I am fighting the cold and keeping it at bay. How she feels better soon!

Karin

Comment

• thanks, hoping it is just the allergies and that it will clear while she is home enough to hold her through the finals.

The roommates BF's mother was keeping the cat for her, but the roommate and her BF (of 5 year) broke up, so I fear the cat stays for the rest of the year.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Pets are allowed? Or is she not in a dorm?

Karin

Comment

• she is in a dorm, and no pets are not allowed. Unfortunately the roommate did not ask DD about allergies before she snuck the cat in. To be fair, DD has friends (living in apts) with cats, and plays with them all the time, and probably mentioned playing with her friend's kitty and how sad it was when it died, so the roommate likely assumed it was ok. DD can play with cats for a few minutes and only suffers a mild bit of sinus issues, living with one is a different story. Not sure how she is going to handle the situation.

She has gone back to bed though, achy and stuffy, so I am thinking maybe a cold. No fever though, so hoping it is not flu, since she is the only one in the family who hasn't had her shot yet!
                              Last edited by demuralist; 11-28-2013, 01:25 PM. Reason: speling duh!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Well then the roommate probably does not know get misery. She should speak up and let her know how it's affecting her physically. I mean, in more than one way your daughter is in the right.

Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X