No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was supposed to be a fast day for me, but I realized that tomorrow will work better.

Good luck on your fast day.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, since I am really going to try to do 3 this week, I decided to keep today. Wednesday I will be driving to pick put he kids so, 6 hours in the car that is an easy way to fast! Friday will be very hard as I won't be at work, and we will have a house full of great leftovers. I will just do the best I can and get on with life.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm starting with 5:2. I'll eat my big breakfast and then nothing until breakfast the next day.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I generally shoot for 4:3, usually the fast on my day off falls somewhere just above my target calories, but hey, so far it is working so I can tighten things up when it isn't working anymore.

I did decide to do low carb on my week days (not this week!), and relax things on the weekends. Well really to do low carb more often than not, but not to let myself feel deprived. i.e.. with the weather the way it is right now, I tend to crave a bowl of steel cut oats, with kerrygold, pecans, and dried cranberries. So when I do the carbs I try to make the time since the last ones as long as reasonable. When I do the oatmeal for example it would be for my last meal of the day on a non-fasting day. I virtually never eat breakfast, and rarely have anything other than my cream/coconut milk coffee or tea before noon.

When I was doing 5:2, I felt like by the 3rd day of non-fasting in a row I was really porking out. 2 non-fasting days in a row is all I am comfortable with. It is hard to explain, I get sort of anxious about how much I am eating then I get a WTH mentality and say "Hey I am supposed to be able to eat what ever I want here". It didn't always result in a weight gain by any means, but mentally it didn't feel right.
          Last edited by demuralist; 11-25-2013, 12:04 PM.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am piddling around in the kitchen, but freezing and can't figure out why, then I walk down the hall and see out the window that it is snowing! Well, heavy flurries, but they aren't melting. I didn't have a clue this was going to happen today. I was in the grocery store and they still had plenty of bread and milk!
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• slippers and hot tea... ahhhh what a wonderful thing when its snowing. Here we just have the cold and nothing else..
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• big fluffy flakes and it is starting to stick. Seriously thinking the rest of the city did not know it was coming, for reasons that no one can explain, and no one is willing to admit to being the culprit, as soon as snow is predicted the grocery stores run out of bread and milk. Why the perishable? Crazy little town called Nashville!

I am doing all the prep for the thanksgiving meal since I will be on the road most of Wednesday. Trying to get all the chopping and pre-cooking done so all I have to do is pop it into the oven Thursday morning.

But as soon as that is done, fire/tea/couch/book!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• well, just wet cold and ugly this morning, rats.

Food yesterday went pretty well, minimal tasting going on. Today is a non-fast day, gonna try to keep it low carb.

NEAT yesterday was much better than it has been! 8679 and 10 flights of stairs. Spent the morning shopping, walking around in circles always gets me some serious steps. Spent the second half of the day in kitchen, but even though that is going around in circles it doesn't seem to get me many steps, but at least I wasn't sitting.

Sleep 7:18 but 88% I was awake/restless 7 times, my sleep was very broken up. Didn't seem to have a negative effect on my activity yesterday though.

Work today then continue the prep for Thursday.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• we had temps drop here but nary a flake. We have sunshine but its still colder than a ditch diggers butt right now.

congrats on another good food day under your belt. It sounds like you have a great plan for the holiday
                    Karin

Comment

• unfortunately here morning and evening it is hovering right around the freezing mark, and now the roads are wet. mid day we are reaching 40. It is supposed to snow tomorrow in Knoxville. Basically I will be following the crappy weather east to go pick up the kids. I will just leave later than I had hoped in order not to be driving along with it! These are the times that make me really miss Florida and living at the beach.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I forgot to mention that among the things I was doing yesterday was to stretch the calves out on the brown pair of boots I bought. Since I was so successful with the black ones, I was very excited. Left one is perfect! right one, the seam exploded Very very sad. I think I am going to get a piece of thin leather (maybe a belt from goodwill) and use it as a backing to glue the sides together. Not worth taking them to the shoe repair because they are not comfortable enough to wear to work all day, so they are just occasional boots, for church and lunches and such. very sad.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 249.6 after a non-fasting day!!!

Roads look clear between here and there, I am off to get the kids! ttfn.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Oh, Chris, how exciting!!! You, P, and Sabine have found the keys that work for you. I'm LOVING it [Oh, and can I come for leftovers? I'm willing to be your gravy is awesome. That one, especially since I can't use flour, is really my nemesis...]
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              249.6 after a non-fasting day!!!

Roads look clear between here and there, I am off to get the kids! ttfn.
                              Woo Hoo!
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• niiiiiice!!!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X