No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is the basis of most of our disagreements. I am like ok, if you don't want to use it and it is worth so much, lets sell it, because I am not willing to pay to insure any of this stuff. (we have tons of "valuables" we are "saving" for something). He doesn't like that argument at all! Sooner or later we are going to downsize our housing and it will become a space issue.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 253 after a non-fast day, today is fasting.

Food yesterday was fine, but I am certain I am falling down in the fluids department. I don't drink as much if I am not sitting next to a cup of something, weird, standing next to a cup of something is different for some reason.

NEAT I am still not getting enough steps, 5388 yesterday but I got 12 flights of stairs. I lost my fitbit for a while yesterday (if fell out of my pocket when I took out my keys and I didn't realize it till I went back to get my keys a couple of hours later), so I lost some steps but not that many. I really need to get my butt on the treadmill at least on my days off and get into the habit of doing the tabata a couple of days a week.

Sleep is getting better and better again...7:33, awake once (had to go potty :roll eyes and restless twice, so 93% efficiency.

work today, nothing exciting.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yesterday's dinner was some leftover chili over spaghetti squash. It was a yummy very meaty chili with way less beans than typical (BFF's hubby was practicing for a cook-off). No matter, even with very few beans my tummy and intestines are not happy today. Very glad it is a fast day, drinking hot beverages and letting the tummy have a rest.
        Chris
        Unknown

Comment

• Sigh. I miss beans. They're so yummy.

Comment

• Not many things have a negative effect on my tummy, even with the IBD it is pretty much a farmer's sturdy bod all the way around, but beans do not make it happy. It took me a long time to believe it, we used to eat them daily (you can imagine the issues), but once I went LC I realized that they were the major culprit. I have been able to add many things in on my non-fasting days and nothing has caused the near immediate issues that beans do.

There are a few bean meals that are family traditions, I truly miss those.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• 93% is not a bad number really. As for the chili, glad you were able to partake. Anymore now, I just dislike beans. I mean, they were ok growing up but were never a favorite. Now, my mom loves loves loves beans as does my daughter. They can have them. I will eat steak. LOL
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• oh I am pretty happy with 93%, for me though more important is getting as long a stretch of undisturbed as I can. And that is getting longer as well.

One of my grandmothers (Croatian) used to make a bean soup with a broth that was almost creamy from the whatever animal it was whose bones she used. Fantastic stuff. The other grandmother (Italian) used to make a fantastic pasta fagioli. And I have an aunt (Southerner) who makes a thick bean soup with ham hocks and the best corn bread in the world.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I don't love beans, but they have their place, occasionally. However, for the most part, they don't do good things to my stomach.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• It has been a day long issue, rare for me. They are pretty much on my no list.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• 250.6 eee, so close. Today is a non-fasting day.

Food yesterday went well. It was all liquid or liquified, except for a few baby carrots. I am back to drinking more tea than coffee. I prefer coffee as an iced drink, and tea I can drink iced or hot. Also coffee I drink with HWC and a bit of coconut milk, tea I drink with half and half (fewer calories, especially when we are talking 3 or 4 cups of it) When I drink them iced it gives me 24 oz of fluid as I end up drinking it slowly enough that the ice has melted and I drink the whole cup. When hot is it only about 12 oz.

NEAT again I am doing well with the flights of stairs not as well with the steps...12 flights but 6466 steps.

Sleep yesterday was excellent. I slept 7:48 and 94% efficiency, but even better I had a stretch of just over 6 hours with no restlessness or awakenings!

Today is an errand day. I am going to try really hard to make my Thursdays off the day I have appointments and errands and keep the 3 day weekends for projects like painting my bedroom and finishing the quilts. I have a flat ton of these types of things lined up but have not been able to get them going because I allow things to creep into the middle of that free time.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Hey there,

I'm really curious about your sleep numbers. Where do the efficiency figures come from? I'm guessing the 7:48 is 7 hours and 48 minutes? Thanks.

I've tried hard for the last couple of days to be lights out in time to get eight hours of actual sleep, only to find myself waking up both in the middle of the night and then later up to an hour before my alarm clock. That's a change from my normal sleep straight through for 7 to 7 & a half hours. I might just go back to lights out between 22:30 to 23:00 and alarm at 06:30 (hopefully with no bathroom breaks!)

Comment

• I wear a fitbit to bed and it figures out the efficiency by times awakened and restless periods as well as how long it took to get to sleep. Yes the 7:48 is 7 hours and 48 minutes asleep. It is not likely the most accurate device, but the readings are consistent and that I good enough for my purposes.

I have found that, for the most part, keeping a consistent wake up time is helpful. But so far the most helpful thing for me has been to adjust my sleep to more closely fit with my personal preference. I am a night owl so waking up early to work out was working against me as I could just not get to sleep early enough to get quality sleep before the alarm. I now go to sleep an hour to an hour and a half later than I used to and wake up 1 1/2 hours later.

The other things that are most helpful, that I can pinpoint, a very cool room (about 65 degrees is where we keep it in the winter and that is much better than the 68 of summer), and making sure that DH has taking care of his sinuses before we go to bed, his snoring will wake me up (and did last night).

p.s. welcome!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I have been known to use ham hocks to make FABU broth and then eat the meat on the hock that tastes great!

I envy your sleep. Just as yesterday was good, last night was not. This up for 2 hours in the wee hours just suck!
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Hi, thanks for the welcome *waves*

Thanks, too for the info. I would love a gadget like that, but just something else for me to obsess over and DH to roll his eyes at. I'll leave it be for now!

Yeh, we don't like to be too warm and DH likes the window ajar otherwise he wakes up with a thick head.

I'm relatively comfortable with my 6:30am starts, and I like them better when it means I can get home an hour earlier. Its maybe not quite perfect, but its not nearly as bad as some people have to cope with. And I do really enjoy my quiet hour in the office before the rest get in - well I did til my new boss decided she quite likes it too, and she's not particularly quiet *sigh*

Comment

• I work 9 to 4, no point in me going early as part of my job is to pretty much be there to answer the phone and the door. I do need to convince myself to get on the treadmill in the afternoons now though and that is hard, but not harder than waking up before I am ready!

I wish we could leave the windows open! Ours are casements (they crank from the bottom) and really because of how tall they are they have no business being casements, so they won't close. So we have to go outside and push as the other person cranks and jimmies the lock to get them closed. Workable for the first floor in the front, but we are 2 stories in the front and 3 on the sides and back as we are built into a hill. Also, DH has so many allergies, that when the weather is nice enough the pollen count is usually too high I married a high maintenance man!

I like the fitbit, but $100 is a bit pricey for it, given the troubles I have had with syncing it. It is tiny though, so DH doesn't really know about it, better that way really.
                                Last edited by demuralist; 11-22-2013, 07:01 AM. Reason: grammer, duh
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X