No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, ordered the stand/sit desktop for work. It looks like a month or so before it arrives. I did find thepodium downstairs that is the perfect height but the top is definitely not big enough so I need to find something that I can put on top of it that will hold my keyboard and mouse and then some way to secure it so I won't flip the keyboard across the room when I hit "tab". Nothing here so I will have to roam around home.

No idea how to measure the NEAT from just standing. I may add that as another measurement in my MFP, if I don't come up with anything else. I did some research on the pedometer apps (jeez there are a flat tone of them) but not downloaded one yet. I would like to find one that does somehow figure out a way to incorporate the standing. One of the Nike ones has some sort of activity measurement that is not steps, but I still haven't gotten it clearly figured out. Gonna work on it now.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 250.8, YES! right back to my low after a good fast day. I am back in the saddle. I love this program, so easy for me to get back on it.

Food yesterday was just as planned, all in the form of liquids. I drank my iced coffees, and teas, and the smoothie, and put no solid food in my mouth. It went VERY well. Surprisingly easy after the issues I have had since getting back from Asheville, and it makes me very happy.

NEAT well I think it was pretty good yesterday. But the fitbit is acting up. I actually think it isn't the fitbit itself but that their website doesn't get along with my new computer. So there is no use in getting a new one. When I read the fitbit itself it has the steps and stairs but it doesn't want to show up on the dashboard. I am still researching a pedometer app. I put the "Moves" one on the phone yesterday but if you stop moving it stops tracking and you have to tap the phone to get it to start back up, um NO. Delete. What I really want is one that works with the accelerometer on the phone but doesn't use the GPS as that makes the battery run down faster. I have sent out a request on my 5:2 forum to see if there is anything they know about. Wish I was an app developer, this would be a good one.

Sleep, again the fitbit is not talking to the computer but I feel pretty sure that my crappy sleep continues. It is not making me tired during the day, but I can remember parts of dreams and that is usually not a good sign.

Gotta run to Home Depot this morning (this week starts my 3 day work weeks), then my 2 BFF's are coming for lunch. One of them owns a restaurant (well her husband runs it) that is Persian food, so she is bringing some for us to eat. We are gonna sit in front of the fireplace and eat and chat! Cant wait.

p.s. fitbit told the computer that I went up 11 flights of stairs and got 5769 steps.
      Last edited by demuralist; 11-14-2013, 09:28 AM. Reason: update numbers
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OMG, my parents sent me the very sweetest birthday card ever! The front says "I see a young lady out in the world, following her dreams, doing good, making a difference, and then I think "Hey that is my kid.'" Then inside she included a note of several paragraphs that said basically that November 11th is her favorite day of the year because it was the day she became a mom and the transformation made her a better person, because of the things she learned about herself, etc. (ok, well I butchered the sentiment, but I think you get it) It was a ridiculously loving note. For some reason I got the impression when I talked to them on Monday that it was going to be a funny card, so I opened it as I was walking out of the Post Office and promptly started to cry.

And now I just finished having lunch with my two besties sitting around on the floor in front of the fireplace at our home.

Been a great day.
        Chris
        Unknown

Comment

• 252.6 after an up day. I don't have much to add, yesterday was a very good day.

Food was yummy and controlled. BFF brought a spiced ginger cake with a lovely cream cheese frosting. It was a small loaf size that said it was 6 servings. We each had a piece and still more than half the cake was left, DH finished it for his dessert. My other BFF brought the Persian food from her husbands restaurant and it was fabulous. Dinner was shrimp and roasted sweet potato. OMG, it was so good and so easy. The shrimp was frozen, and I just piled it onto a piece of foil put 4T of Kerrygold on it, sprinkled it with one of my fav seasoning mixes, closed up the packet and put it in the oven with the sweet potatoes. Those I had bought already cubed, and put on a piece of foil covered cookie sheet that was smeared with coconut oil, then salted and peppered. All in the oven, then turn the oven on to 425, and went back maybe 45 minutes later and voila, caramelized sweet potatoes and shrimp in a fantastic garlic sauce to smother them with. Throw the foil away and clean up is done.

NEAT, yeah we sat in front of the fireplace all afternoon. I did get in 8 flights of stairs though.

Sleep, getting better, it was 7:03 and 89%

Today is a work day and a fast day.
          Last edited by demuralist; 11-15-2013, 06:57 AM.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Pacer free...app pedometer works without using the GPS, seems to agree pretty much with what the fitbit says, will see if it has a component where it talks to my computer so I can graph long term progress there as well as on the phone, but so far I am pretty hopeful. It won't do sleep since I don't wear the phone to bed a it doesn't do
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Happy belated birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry that I didn't get you out a note on the actual day.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Not a problem, belated wishes lengthen the celebration!

250.4 oh elusive 40's. Not unexpected though, while yesterday was a fast day my fingers are puffy this morning, not sure what is going on. Most likely I just didn't drink enough.

Food was a bit high yesterday (690 instead of 550), but obviously not enough to throw off the scale. The thing I did stick to was that I had no carbs until my smoothie at 5pm, the thing I did "wrong" is that I took rolls out for DH to have with his dinner and ate two of them with butter instead of having my last tea with cream. So not only was it more calories it was less fluid.

NEAT yesterday, well I got 9 flights of stairs but only 5152 steps. I was sitting most of the day, bad bad bad. The Pacer app I put on my phone as a pedometer shows less steps than my fitbit (which already showed a lot less steps than on a friend's fitbit when we spent the day together in Asheville), but the trend is more important to me anyway. What it does well though is remind me to get up if I have been still too long. It is amazing how quickly an hour goes by when you are on the computer! I am going to see if I can adjust the time to a shorter time period.

Sleep got better, 7:08 and 91%. DH has taken to getting up at 6am this week, which is obviously wrecking my last hour in the morning, especially since he has trouble hearing the alarm. Of course he gets plenty of sleep since he does a 2 hour nap before bed. I don't so I am coming up just a little short every day. grrr.

This morning we have the contractor who bid on our house coming back to answer some questions about the details. His bid came in higher than anyone else's but my opinion is that he is there are 2 reasons for that. 1. is that he is better at knowing what he is going to be doing and how long it is going to take. and 2. that he included things that he spotted that the other guys didn't. We shall see.

Then we are going to the football game. Last home game of the season and the first we have made it too. It should be fun we are expected to win.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• You'll get to the 40s in no time. I know that everytime I'm close to the next set of numbers, I bounce right around it for a few weeks. If I can keep my head out of the picture, and just keep "keepin' on" with the program, I get where I need to be. Of course, as you know, I usually let my head get in the way

Sounds like a great day!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, that is exactly what happened to me last week. I got antsy to get into the 40's by my birthday, both arbitrary numbers of course. So I need to get my head out of it, as you say.

I forgot to mention that BFF noticed I had lost weight. Basically she said "wow, you look fantastic, have you lost weight, changed your hair color, got a new sweater, what is it?"
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      Well, that is exactly what happened to me last week. I got antsy to get into the 40's by my birthday, both arbitrary numbers of course. So I need to get my head out of it, as you say.

I forgot to mention that BFF noticed I had lost weight. Basically she said "wow, you look fantastic, have you lost weight, changed your hair color, got a new sweater, what is it?"
                      niiiiiiiice! You will get there. You have it figured out I think
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yep, after 40+ years of dieting it is all coming together, finally. Not that I am a slow learner or anything!

The other thing I notice is that even though the measurements weren't as dramatic as I would have liked, and I am not in the next lower size yet (thinking I was wearing my stuff too tight?) that all of my clothes are getting longer, including the sleeves. And all of my jackets button now.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• so, what I "hear" is now the clothes are draping differently. Perhaps as intended? I think thats awesome. I know my skirts and slacks get longer when my caboose goes down.
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yep. I think we forget that fat is placed all over the body not just where we use the tape measure. Clothes getting longer pretty much tell me that it is all over loss. I like it.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I believe that you will see that 249 in the very near future as I will see 209.

I have a gay friend who cornered me in the gym today to say how wonderful I looked. When I said that I was maintaining, he commented that some things must have redistributed. Lol
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I miss having a gay friend, when I worked as a hairdresser all of my friends were gay, they were all so observant of the smallest positive change, and very gently honest about the less than positive ones.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X