No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry about the fitbit. I am about to cancel my go wear fit service, which will render it useless.
    Congrats on the stable weight as well
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Happy Birthday!!

The Penguin Song Happy Birthday - YouTube
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• really wish there was a free pedometer app for the iPhone that would run in the background without running down the battery. Apparently there is for the iPhone5s, but I am not buying a new phone!

Thanks Karin, you made me smile.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• there is for ipods..
          Karin

Comment

• really? mmm, thing is I wear my phone all the time, my iPod I keep connected to a set of speakers. I will have to do some research.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Happy Birthday!
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thank you
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• 253.4 but yesterday was not a fast day. It really had nothing to do with my birthday, the fast was messed up because we are having company for dinner tonight but I did the cooking yesterday as there will be no time today. I should have done the cooking on Sunday. No way to cook new recipes on a fast day, I gotta taste them to make sure it is ok, and well on a fast day tastes quickly lead to bites and then some. So I will only get 2 fast days in this week..Wed and Fri.

Did not get a chance to get on my computer this morning so I don't know how the NEAT ended up doing...but instead of doing the treadmill on my day off as planned I went for a walk outside-it was stunningly beautiful- and did the equivalent of 12 flights of stairs during it, I think it is a 2 mile round trip.

No idea about sleep either.

Tonight's dinner starting with slices of cukes topped with whipped ricotta and goat cheese with chives and pomegranate seeds, then veggie soup topped with nutritional yeast spice mix, bread (homemade, small loaf) with butter, the entree is a pork loin roast with apples (it is in the crock pot), and roasted butternut squash, apple pie with caramel sauce for dessert. Hot spiced apple cider to drink. The couple is Mormon, and luckily DH mentioned that they often have food and drink restrictions. When I looked it up it is basically no alcohol or caffeine. So to be safe, I didn't want to do a chocolate dessert.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    253.4 but yesterday was not a fast day. It really had nothing to do with my birthday, the fast was messed up because we are having company for dinner tonight but I did the cooking yesterday as there will be no time today. I should have done the cooking on Sunday. No way to cook new recipes on a fast day, I gotta taste them to make sure it is ok, and well on a fast day tastes quickly lead to bites and then some. So I will only get 2 fast days in this week..Wed and Fri.

Did not get a chance to get on my computer this morning so I don't know how the NEAT ended up doing...but instead of doing the treadmill on my day off as planned I went for a walk outside-it was stunningly beautiful- and did the equivalent of 12 flights of stairs during it, I think it is a 2 mile round trip.

No idea about sleep either.

Tonight's dinner starting with slices of cukes topped with whipped ricotta and goat cheese with chives and pomegranate seeds, then veggie soup topped with nutritional yeast spice mix, bread (homemade, small loaf) with butter, the entree is a pork loin roast with apples (it is in the crock pot), and roasted butternut squash, apple pie with caramel sauce for dessert. Hot spiced apple cider to drink. The couple is Mormon, and luckily DH mentioned that they often have food and drink restrictions. When I looked it up it is basically no alcohol or caffeine. So to be safe, I didn't want to do a chocolate dessert.
                    I think we need pictures of the food selections.
                    Karin

Comment

• you know I am technologically challenged, I haven't learned to put pictures up here. Most of the recipes are pinterest though.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• yesterday's dinner went well. The couple are very nice (he is a new hire in DH's department), though not likely to end up in our social circle. They have 4 children ranging in age from 14 to 4. They are going to be very busy for a while.

The fudge is still in the break room. HOWEVER, even though yesterday was a non-fasting day, I totally ignored it.

Today is a fast day. I am going to not put any solid food in my mouth. I can't really call it a liquid day because I do plan to do a smoothie after work. Maybe "liquified" would be more appropriate.

My food yesterday was just the dinner. Pre-dinner, I did a few tastes to be sure all was well, but nothing excessive. I did however get into the crystalized ginger The bite of that does however limit the quantity I can eat. The pork loin turned out really well for anyone interested in an easy meal it was just a 2.5lb loin, laid on top of a bed of sliced apples, with slices of apples tucked into slits in the top of the loin, salted and peppered (I also added a tiny bit of ground cloves). Crock pot on low for 7 hours. It created a sort of applesauce to put on the pork, very nice.

NEAT, well bad news and good news...bad news is my desk is back together and the stand up situation I had worked out isn't going to cut it here, so I will have to wait for the standing desk I will order today before I can do the standing thing at work. Good news is even though I was back to sitting yesterday, my steps were higher than they normally would have been on a sitting work day...7315 and 8 flights of stairs. (on Monday even with the walk to the post office and all the standing I only got 7459 but 13 flights of stairs)

Sleep is getting crappy again. Not sure what happened, but my number of times restless/awake as well as their length is increasing. Not horrible, but I am now in the mid-80's in efficiency.

weight this morning 254, time to turn it back around.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I forgot to mention that DS called me for my birthday. He had a few of his buddies in his room, and they all wished me a happy birthday as well. It is funny because I have been a bit worried that now that the newness of college and its possibilities had worn off that he might be spending too much time alone in his room, so it was nice to know they were hanging out there. Especially when you realize he doesn't have a tv in there. He doesn't have a roommate either, so it probably works out that his place is the most pleasant.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• How soon do you think you will have your standing desk. I have been standing at my podium (its homemade and quite large). Any idea on how to count that as exercise or whatever? I stand and shift on my legs a bit so still getting used to it. I have to consciously make myself do it.

FWIW.. my sleep is crappy lately too! Season change, weather change, temperature change????
                            Karin

Comment

• They are back logged so it will be about 4 or 5 weeks. I am going to call them today and order it. I was going to do it yesterday but got busy. (I have one day a week where I am actually busy the whole day). I amy try to see if I can figure out something for the interim, I will noodle on it today and snoop around in our dark recesses, I think we may have a podium downstairs I can drag up, just don't think it is big enough to hold the keyboard and the mouse.

I dunno about the sleep, I did well when it first got cold, but the last 3 or 4 nights took a dive.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I have stood quite a bit at my podium today. I am trying to acclimate myself with a standing desk. My podium is pretty decent size. The top is easy the size of a student desk if not larger. That dang thing is SO HEAVY. I am counting the standing as exercise. LOL
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X