• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be Amarillo, sigh.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• you work too hard
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• oh poo Ruth. I agree you work to hard. Oh, oh dear.. was that a cough dear Ruth?? You look a bit flushed. I really think you need to stay in bed with a cup of hot tea and a book. What do you think Chris?
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I love you guys. Don't tell, but I quit at 2 and took a 2 hour nap...
          -- Ruth

Comment

• good girl, Yes I think a nap or sick day was definitely in order.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So DD did not wake up in time to do the 1/2 marathon this morning. So she was ticked. I didn't wake her because by the time I was awake she couldn't have made it anyway. I don't think they had a packet pick-up this morning either, so she would not have had a bib with number or a chip. She said she could have run it anyway, well yes, and she still could. She was a bit snippy. So I think I will wait to take her for her flu shot till the Thanksgiving break. She ended up going to the conference with her friends instead.

We made pizza last night, we had 8 individual sized ones, the equivalent of 3 are leftover in the fridge for DH to nibble on today and tomorrow. So essentially I ate one of them. The puffiness in my fingers today tells the tale. I didn't get to weigh because of the commotion this morning.

the house is quiet now, not sure what I will do today. I really need to get my grass seed down. To do that I need to get the leaves off the lawn. That is what I should do...fine, off I go.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• well, good thing you waited on getting her a flu shot. I got mine last night and DD's and all she did was whine and complain. I tell you, there was no peace until she went to bed.

hopefully today is as nice there as it is here for you to put the grass seed down.
                Karin

Comment

• Yep, my kids are definite whiners when it comes to the flu shot. Costco has them for $15 so I will just take both of them at Thanksgiving and let them whine in harmony.

I got what leaves have fallen off the lawn, and I got the lawn mowed. Now to put down the seed and fertilizer. I have solo many weeds in the lawn though I think I will have to go get more grass seed to get a heavier coat of it down.

It is cool and overcast here, good yard work weather. I am in for a drink break, and will go out in a few minutes.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Yard done, Vandy is winning, fireplace is toasty...it is a good afternoon
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• yawn..stretch stretch.. I should get off the computer and accomplish something today
                      Karin

Comment

• an afternoon relaxing for a working mom is accomplishing something!!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• with so much to do, it makes me feel guilty. Lil just went to a friends house to spend the night and now I have ZERO excuses.. LOL
                          Karin

Comment

• Phoooey, catching up on rest is a duty in itself. No excuses necessary.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• So I have decided that this past week was just a break in the program. Funny thing is that before it started I had decided I could hit a certain weight (get into the 240's) by a certain time (this weekend). And the second I did that, I started to act in a way that I could not possibly accomplish it. This is how I do things. I really need to stop myself from ever doing that. My goals need to be totally behavioral in scope and allow the rewards on the scale to come as they may. (I said as much in P's journal just a few minutes ago).

So my behavioral goals for this week...

Stay under 550 calories on M-W-F
                              Get on the treadmill on my days off...Th-Sa-Su-M
                              Go very low carb until 4:30pm every day.

Today, a friend is coming over and we are going to go grocery shopping then cook for friends who just had a baby. Then we are going to deliver the meal.

So, DD was still snippy last night with me, she should be over it by today. Her and her friends are supposed to go to the conference today, but it was so long yesterday and it was a free one and it is beautiful outside and they are not rustling yet, so I suspect they are skipping it. They go back to school today, they have classes tomorrow.

DS and Dh spent yesterday afternoon in a smack down, texting each other about how the UT/Vandy football game in 2 weeks. DS's rifle coach had stopped by for a brew and he joined in. In the end DS said if UT loses he will volunteer to help the rifle team for the winter and spring matches and give any kind of lesson coach chooses to the team. I can't remember what they decided coach would have to do if UT wins. It was fun playful banter.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I like the lime drain.

When Littlest gets upset about anything, she gets very quiet. It is not sulking, more like retreating. It is almost physically impossible for her to speak. Makes it hard dealing with things in school. Sometimes I have her write it out, until she has recovered enough to say it.

Not really related to your DD, but it just popped into my head.

Oh, and FUDGE! I never had fudge until I was a grown-up, but became a fan. I have to stay away from it, because even as I am saying, 'wow, this is too sweet', I keep shovelling it in. (Well, okay, fudge is usually cut into squares. How about, 'delicately placing cube after cube after cube into my eager mouth'?)

I am planning to make a batch of butterscotch-pecan-toffee fudge for Thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                                X