No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• end of my work day and I just realized I have not checked in.

I didn't end up weighing myself this morning. I woke up spontaneously at 6:25 so I got up and got on the treadmill before getting ready for work. I also didn't get on my computer at home this morning.

Today is a fasting day, and it is going very well. I have been standing all day (except for the 45 minutes that they were painting the wall behind my desk) and I am feeling pretty good, though I will be glad to have a pair of shoes with some cush. I plan to talk to my boss about letting me get a standing desk accessory to put on my desk. It will take 5 to 6 weeks to arrive so I will wait to order it sot that it arrives when we get back from the holiday break, since the doors will be locked from the 24th of December till the 7th of January. I will also get myself a cushy mat for the floor.

Yesterday was not a stellar up day, I started in on some bread and had too much of it. Mostly it was a way to eat the butter really, I need to find a better vehicle for that. For dinner I did something different. I had some leftover roasted cauliflower that I put in a hot pan that had melted coconut oil in it. I let it be so that it would brown. Then I added some roasted red pepper relish I had a few tablespoons left of. Then I added shredded cheese. (I am not stirring mind you I want crust). Then I added eggs that had been beaten with cream. On top of that I added some spices. OMG!!! I love me some crunchy cheese and cauliflower.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I like butter on cucumbers. Weird, I know.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I will have to ruminate on cukes and butter.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ummm..thats a new one

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• No knocking it until you try it.....
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I like butter on anything.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So today is a middle day (1200 cals) too high for fast (550 cals) but way low for an up day (2100 TDEE). The evil of being hungry and then finding myself home alone unexpectedly. The home alone part makes zero sense. I am home alone most of the time that I am awake now. But somehow it does something to my brain.

I am oddly stuffed. Not sure what I will do tomorrow.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• 251.8, so not much damage from too many non-fasting days in a row.

Yesterday was odd. My food was less than stellar. I did manage to keep it within my witching hour (i.e. I did not succumb to the candy that is still sitting in the break room at work). This is usually a good thing because a small window of time decreases the amount of calories I shove into my mouth. Not sure I would consider what I did yesterday a binge, technically. I was hungry. I didn't eat junk. I did stop when I was no longer hungry. It was just not the fast day I had planned. Today is a non-fast day, I think though I will go fairly high protein and low carb, my fingers feel puffy and LC is usually a good way to get rid of excess water.

NEAT yesterday, well, I blew it out of the water. I had 10522 steps and 11 flights of stairs. I stood up at work the whole day except for 45 minutes when they kicked me out of my office to paint behind my desk. Now, I did get the chance to do the treadmill in the morning and I sat more than I should have when I got home, but all in all a good day. And the boss ok'ed the stand up desk. He offered to buy it (not knowing what it cost), but I said no I would pay for it. We are a non-profit, I don't feel right asking them to pay for it. This way too, if I should ever leave (or budget constraints require my position be phased out), the desk will go with me.

Sleep continues to be fantastic. Mark's article from yesterday about your sleep type falls in line with what I have been thinking regarding my own sleep patterns. Trying to force myself to go to bed early enough to get the 7.5 hours it appears is my need, was not fitting in with my personal clock. And I really think the sleep has been more beneficial to me than the treadmill. I will be doing the treadmill on my days off, and on the mornings I wake up early enough to do it.

So it turns out that I have worked too many hours for the year, and we are not budgeted for me to get paid for them. So starting this week, I have to start taking a day a week off. So essentially, I start my new schedule next week. Unfortunately, my extra day off has to be Thursday, so a 3 day weekend with an errand day mid-week (talk about first world problems, geez that last sentence makes me want to slap myself in the back of the head!). I can live with it. Yep, no pay cut. This weeks will be Friday though because that is the only day I could get the plumber to come out. So what I plan to do is to start doing my fasts on M-W-F (or Saturday).
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    ... Mostly it was a way to eat the butter really, I need to find a better vehicle for that...
                    One word: SPOON!

Comment

• I like sunbutter and butter hmmm... butter and EGGS!! butter and cream cheese
                      Karin

Comment

• you all make me smile. yes, somehow butter makes everything better, Paula Dean had that much right.

I made a ricotta and pumpkin mix with some stevia for "dessert" it was quite good.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 253 this morning. So here is the good news, I have just done 6 days in a row of non-fasting, and only gained 2.2 lbs. Neither of my planned 2 fast days for this week ended up being even close to the 550 goal. What I will say is that once I realized a day was no longer a fast day, I didn't consciously limit my food in anyway that was different that what I would do on a non-fasting day. I didn't do a WTF and eat till midnight, but I also didn't say "well if I stop now it won't be too far off". I just turned the fasting day into a normal day and went on with my life. No guilt, and luckily no excessive weight gain.

More good news, today is a fast day.

Food yesterday was fine, well within the confines of a non-fasting day, nothing to write home about. I do still think that I do best when I generally confine my eating to my witching hours, about 3pm to 7pm. If I eat before then, I am not really hungry it is more a desire for a mouth feel, or a craving for something I have sitting around the house. On very rare occasions when I am doing heavy gardening it actually is hunger. When I eat during this time, I tend to make better choices, actually get full and stay full longer, and feel better the rest of the day. So I am going to work on that for my days off (obviously it is easy on my work days as I don't eat at work and get home at 4:30).

NEAT yesterday, I stood the whole day at work. I didn't do the treadmill so only got 6494 steps and 8 flights of stairs.

Sleep 7:32 and 93%, still waking up in the half hour before the alarm, it appears as though 7:30 hours of sleep is about what I need. feeling good about this.

Nothing exciting today, work and home. I do have off tomorrow, but it is so I can wait for the plumber
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• ah ha... so, you are changing the way you are thinking and adapting to your environment and situations. This is such a good thing and a life long skill. Are you still getting your sleep data from the fitbit?
                            Karin

Comment

• yep, the fitbit is currently working again.

Yep, for me this whole fasting/VLcalorie plan has really changed the way I view food and eating (so far)
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Well shit. Not a fast day after all.

I think I really need to have zero to very few carbs before my meals in my witching hours.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X