No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep, weight wise going pretty well (.8 lbs a week since I started April 1). I was actually thinking more in terms of health, really more about the reason I guess. I will not be changing anything unless and until a week contains an even number of days But it is just baffling that the scale fluctuates the way it does, and I was just sort of lamenting out loud I guess.

I do think I am going to focus on "spending my calories" in my 3 to 5pm window and just do something very light later. I really do the later to be sociable but given we eat in front of the tv there really isn't anything social about it, so I need to just follow my body cues.

So far so good today, and I will do a smoothie during my witching hour. Only issue today is that I have to cook for tomorrow's picnic without taste testing. Won't be too hard since I essentially bought pre-made food, except for the pumpkin cheesecake dessert.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I don't like these Mondays if....we don't hear from you

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      -- Ruth

Comment

• you are so sweet to miss me.

Today was crazy. We decided to start a maintenance service for our house, it includes a once a year plumbing inspection, once a year electrical inspection, and twice a year HVAC (AC in spring, heat in fall) and today was the day. So I got up at 7, they got here at 8, they were here until 10:30, serious inspection. Much more than I expected, which is a good thing, except I had not expected it to take that long. DH's assistants met at our house at 11 to go to the vineyard for the celebration picnic, and we just got home (5:20 our time). We had a great time.

Neither yesterday nor today ended up being a fast day. No worries, I still did 2 this week (my minimum goal), and tomorrow is another one. I didn't get a chance to get on the scale this morning, so I am sure tomorrow will be an unhappy shock when I do get on it. My fingers are already puffy!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• weight this morning 258, I deserve it, so I am not complaining, actually pleasantly surprised it didn't creap up into the 260's. As it turns out after my 4 day eating fest through Asheville I really only had 1 fast day last week (Thursday) and then I jumped right back into non-fasting mode and did another 4 day free for all. Today's fast has felt really good though so I am back on it.

So even though my weight is high it wasn't as high as I thought it was so I was in a good mood this morning. Then I got to work and was reminded that the 3 stooges of plastering are working on my office STILL. The place is a mess, and my desktop was just moved over to sit on top of a low file cabinet. PITA and dust and chunks of plaster are everywhere, and they won't be finished till mid week next week. They are also working on my bosses office so he is in a bad mood (for good reason), but since he can't be comfortable in his office he is roaming the building a lot. And since my monitor now faces the hallway, I can't do any net surfing.

Bad mood creeping in.

Then I have to sit with the bookkeeper and help her understand my time sheets, she finally gets it and now I "have" to start 3 day weeks this week, to make the budget work, so no she doesn't understand what my DH is talking about when he says that the error she made in my paycheck that cheated me out of 26 hours pay could instead just be given to me now and I wouldn't have to take the time off (not that I don't want the time off, but I want is the money). DH is gonna be pissed.

Headache building.

Then the boss sends out an email that my work days next year are Tuesday, Wednesday, and FRIDAY. Shit. So not a 4 day weekend. So yes, I am going on salaried instead of hourly, and my salary is staying the same, even though I am cutting a half day a week out of my schedule, but shit.

Day is finally over, walk out side it is damp and gloomy, perfectly completing the mood I am in.

So I cleaned the kitchen I didn't have time for this morning because I woke up late, made myself a lovely smoothie, and sat down here to gripe it out.

thanks for "listening".
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Its amazing how the gloomy weather affects our emotions. Feel good the weight was not higher, you are back on track and yeah for salary..boo for the lost weekend extra.

I can imagine the dust around your office makes work a pain. Hang in there.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Thanks. I am feeling better. Sitting in front of the fireplace drinking a lovely cup of red velvet tea.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Ugh. Remodelling. That's enough to make anyone cranky. Hope you find it easy to swing back into your regular rotations. You know that for me, that(ease of starting over quickly) is one of the great things about ADF, and I hope it will be for you, too.

I'm trying a new smoothie combination today for my Down Day: cucumber, zucchini, honeydew. I'm thinking it will be pale green, instead of deep, but sometimes the color surprises you.

Comment

• Here's to a super, fantastic day!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I agree!! Hope today is fabu!
                    Karin

Comment

• 254.4 down 3.6, and oddly my fingers still feel puffy.

Food yesterday was successful, and I am feeling confident that I am back in the groove. Today is a non-fasting day, but I need to either go get my flu shot or pick up some grass seed after work, so I won't be home in time to prowl the pantry and will just make myself dinner and be done with it.

NEAT though my steps (6710) and flights (5) don't really reflect it, I stood for much of the day, didn't move but didn't sit, so that is a good thing about the remodel. Today I am going to put my keyboard up on something since I can't use a desk, and will be standing again, so that I can save my back. So I am turning this dusty situation into a positive, maybe I will be able to talk the boss into getting me a standing desk.

Sleep is getting better on a more consistent basis. 7:38 and 93% efficiency. I was "restless" 4x's but not awake, and I am waking up before the alarm, which I have set for the latest time I can wake up and and still stresslessly (I think that word may be made up) get ready for work.

So I am back to a PMA this morning. I have decided that I will start fasting on Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Saturday in the new year. Thursdays will be my errands day for grocery shopping and appointments. Then I can use the 3 days in a row to tackle the big projects I have planned but never get to around the house (master bedroom & bath painting etc for example). I won't get to start back to my estate sale visits, but that is probably a good thing, just more junk around the house.

So far I have managed to not get DH's cold, another really good thing. I think I just wash my hands so much there is no time for a germ to latch on. DH has eczema on his hands and tries to wash his hands as little as possible. I do tend to have my hands on my face a lot (for some reason it drives DH crazy, so his various reactions manage to bring it to my attention), but I guess the hand washing over rides the face touching.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Well.. keep up the regiment of hand washing. You might also do frequent spraying with lysol of door nobs and such as well. As for the touching of face, I am guilty too.
                        Karin

Comment

• Now that the kids arent home we pretty much dont use the doors. Just the one from the garage to the house and I usually end up using an elbow for that.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• 254.8 +.4, after a non-fasting day.

Food yesterday went very well, I just ate dinner, it was a man sized dinner but just the one meal. Today is a fast day

NEAT I stood most of my work day and feel much better for it! I have convinced DH that he needs a standing desk, and he asked if I planned to get one for work as well. So I now just have to convince the boss it is ok for me to have one. I am planning to do a sit/stand ergo the just sits on the desk so no damage to the desk and I keep it whenever I leave the work place (if the thing lasts that long). Also, DD mentioned that she added nike+ to her iPhone, and that got me thinking about finding an app (free) that really catches my NEAT, as opposed to just the steps. I will have to do some research on that one.

Sleep yesterday was amazing! 98% efficiency, I was "restless" once in the middle of the night, slept for 8:02 and woke up before the alarm. Awesome.

So Middle Tennessee is apparently expecting some nasty storms today. DH is staying home from work to protect his car. I will just keep an eye on the radar, and if an alert goes up I will leave work. Metro has cancelled after school activities.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Well the rain has been pouring here for a couple of days and its probably this cell moving your way. We have some localized flooding but no hail and tornadoes.
                              Karin

Comment

• Yep, I think that is the storm. DH and my boss both seem to think it is going to be a doozy, but the radar doesn't look that bad, and predictions don't seem that ominous.

However, it is 9:07 and I have finished what I can do today due the the fact that I cannot get into my desk drawers basically. I am the only person here right now. I feel pretty sure I am just going to close up shop around 1pm, as that is when the heavy wind advisory goes into effect, and if a giant tree comes down I do not want to have to stay the night here!

So I will be roaming the journals, and researching standing desks, and apps for NEAT on my iPhone. You all need to chat it up!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X