No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am away till tomorrow afternoon. I will fill you in on all the details tomorrow. Too much of a PITA using the phone. Suffice it to say it is not going well with the food but all else is great.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thanks for checking in. I was worried :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      -- Ruth

Comment

• ooo an adventure!!! Sounds intriguing!
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• So, it appears as though I forgot to mention that we were meeting our oldest friends (he introduced DH and I as a blind date) in Asheville, NC. We went for 4 days, stayed in a lovely B&B, visited the Biltmore, roamed around downtown, took a "Brews Cruise", and ate some of the best food I have ever had. We had a blast.

This is the couple that we took swing dance lessons with for years, and spent most evenings with when we first started dating. We all were working too many hours so we ate dinner out, together, at least 5 nights a week. We have a ton of fun with them, so this weekend was fantastic. Gary, is a very funny, basically big kid, extremely kind hearted, with a bit of a impish sense of humor. He basically has the same position as DH does but at a different university. So the boys talk a bit of shop, enough to sort of get the irritating stuff out of their systems, and then on to the fun. Laura is also an accountant, so she explains to me what they are talking about when they do talk shop. In general though they are the reverse of DH and I personality. In other words Gary is most like me, Laura more like DH. The boys used to work together, and when we all went to school events people usually thought DH and Laura went together and Gary and I went together.

A "Brews Cruise" is a group of 8 people on a small school bus, being driven around to a few small craft brewers tasting their brews. I don't really drink beer, so while I took a few sips, I was basically brew free and thus was able to safely drive the 4 of us back to the B&B after the cruise was over.

Oh the food...well 3 days of 3 meals a day is just tooooooo much. But the lowlights of the food, well, the breakfasts, which is odd cause those are foods I generally love. The highlights were the night I had Beef brisket in a BBQ sauce made with Cheerwine (a southern soda), and to drink a pumpkin spiced white russian. Then the fried chicken and waffle. The chicken was moist and tender the crust was a highly spiced, nut (?) crust, the waffle was savory, with bacon bits baked in it, and the syrup was a cinnamon siricha! Now I know this was in no way Primal or LC or anything that even hints at diet, but it was by far the best thing I can remember ever eating in a restaurant, DH had to wrestle a bit of the waffle from me. In the end he finished for me anyway because it was just too much food, but it was amazing. I may have to go back just to be able to order it again. So anyone anywhere near Asheville, NC needs to go to Carmel's in Grove Arcade and order the fried chicken and waffle.

NEAT was over the top, I topped 11,000 steps every day and over 25 flights of stairs every day as well. I also learned that wearing the fitbit on my bra shows a much lower step count and stair count than wearing it in my pocket (Gary was wearing his and mine was showing way fewer steps than his even though he was sitting more than me, and our room was on the 3rd floor and theirs was ground level), so it seems I may be getting quite a few more steps than I think I am.

Sleep, fantastic! Huge comfy bed in a very cool room with big fluffy pillows and a snuggly comforter.

Got to have lunch with DD on the way through Knoxville on the way too, so all in all a great weekend.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• That sounds like a blast! Gad you had such a good time.

Comment

• Yep thanks, tomorrow I will have to pay the piper...the evil scale will show me the consequences of eating all of that food.

Happily tomorrow is a fast day.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I'm on a Down Day today, also. I'm planning on green smoothies with spinach, beets, chard, pineapple, and banana. I really think having just kombucha or green smoothies, instead of mini-meals puts me more into the recovery/rest day frame of mind, rather than deprivation. I feel like I am doing a special thing for my body, rather than just not eating very much. I know you have kind of the same idea toward your Down Days.

Comment

• Exactly the same idea. The less food I put in my mouth on recovery days the better. But i also do best when my calories reach the 500 mark as opposed to staying in the 300's. So the smoothie is essential.

259.8 up 8 lbs in 4 days. A few of those are gonna be the real thing and the rest fluids. I need today, but it is going to be rough my stomach is grumbling in the morning. Wish that non-eating habits were as easy to form as eating habits, I only ate breakfast for 3 days and already my tummy is on it.

Gotta get to work, ttfn
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Yeah, I wish some habits were easy to establish. I keep trying to make my bigger meals dinner, but my body really likes food earlier in the day. Grrr.

Have a good day. "Talk" to you soon.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Great attitude about the scale gain.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I hear that with eating habits. FWIW.. I am on a DD too.. but for different reasons
                        Karin

Comment

• Ruth, I would go with the big breakfast and do a snack later in the day. Your body is obviously telling you something there. It is probably harder though because of customs and family situations.

Thanks P! I had mentally prepared myself, and I knew making those food decisions that I was going to see a big jump. 3 meals a day is just too much food for me, since I do not have a good portion control mechanism. Though I will say that the places we ate in did serve very reasonable servings. But add the alcohol and well, up goes the scale.

Karin, I feel like you should be doing some good bone broth or something like that. Hope it passes quickly (sorry that was not meant to be a pun of any sort at all).
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I thought about bone broth but wondered if the extra fat in it would just get me heaving again. I am left to be nursed by my 11 year old. Her grandma left a can/box of broth and instructions. Its all she can handle as I am not up to getting out of bed at the moment to do more.
                            Karin

Comment

• yep, if you are still heaving, then a T of water is where you are supposed to start.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• my nurse has gone to play and has forgotten her mother. I would go out and holler for her IF I could holler!!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X