No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a very good feeling when your fears about your children turn out not to be true. This life project that has been raising my children has turned out better than I had hoped or dreamed. So yep, life is good and I am very happy.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Oh funny!! Sounds like you had some goood quality time

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• 251.6! Yahoo!! To my mind that puts me under the 252 baby deliveries weight and sets me on my next goal...235. 235 is the lowest weight I have been since I delivered my second baby (except for a bout of food poisoning that lasted over 4 weeks in which I believe I hit something very close to 200, but it was only for a brief moment until I got better). 235 is also the weight I was at when I decided to go vegetarian to lose weight.

Food yesterday was not my most compliant fasting day. I did very well until I made dinner. It was steak, salad, and roasted garlic potatoes, none of which was for me. So when I was making up a lunch for DH (I have been using part of dinner to put away in the freezer for him to take for work lunches) I had a "taste" of the steak and a few nibbles of the potatoes. I was already at 500 for the day, so I feel sure that these took me over my 525 to 550 mark, but apparently to no ill effect scale wise. Anyway, it was controlled, in other words I did not have a potato's worth of nibbles or a steak's worth of tastes, so it is all good.

NEAT still pitiful, 4598 steps and 2 stairs. I did have the fitbit on the recharger in my morning, but lack of sleep kept me lethargic most of the day.

Sleep yesterday's sleep was a blip in the quality as well as quantity scales. 6:13 asleep and 87% efficiency, awake 5 times and each one more than just a few minutes. Went to bed late, didn't sleep well, lethargic all day.

Today after work I have to meet with the guy who is going to make our sign for the church youth reno.

DS got on the xBox last night, first time he has played since he left, though I am sure he plays some on his computer while at school, it sounds as though his life is full enough while there that he doesn't need/want to spend time doing that.

So he told me he is not going to do the sailing club because as it turns out it is mostly an excuse to drink beer. He says not worth getting kicked out of school for crappy beer (DH brews at home and lets DS have some if he wants-not his underage friends of course though). I said that one of his friend's mom told me that kid was pretty heavy into the sailing club. DS just nodded and said he knows, and told me of seeing this kid stumble back to his dorm after a club tailgate party. So now I have to think of what do I tell her (what would I want to know). I think, if it comes up-and it likely will, I will just tell her that DS decided not to do the sailing club because of the prevalence of the beer at their gatherings, and not say anything about her son. That way she can at least not push him to continue in the sailing club, and really there isn't anything she can do about the drinking except worry.

Now, DS could just be feeding me a line re not joining in the beer drinking, but there isn't anything I can do about it either, so I will choose to believe him until I am slapped in the face with evidence.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Doing a major happy dance on the weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling your DS is telling the truth. He seems pretty mature and you seem to have an open relationship. And, if he's decided not to join, for whatever reason, it's obviously because it's not for him. [I can see him being right..............]
            -- Ruth

Comment

• awesome about the weight!! Progress!!! As for DS, I agree with Ruth. I would not tell the woman about her son. However, when/if you talk to her and she mentions why he is not sailing etc. You can mention that your son was not interested in the prevalence of beer associated with that sport. Although, as a parent, I think I would want to know so I could at least be able to voice my concerns to my child etc. Hmmm tough one.
              Karin

Comment

• I am sort of like, well, if someone told me that DS was drinking, I don't feel like there would be anything I could do about it. But if she told me he was in a club in which the main focus was the beer, then I could start the conversation with that without actually saying anything to him about him drinking. And we could have a nice long conversation in the hypothetical. With DS if I asked him point blank I would expect him to lie (hell I would), but if I could keep the conversation going for a while I could get all of my concerns in and hope he would take that and make better decisions.

So I feel like I will actually ask her if her son had decided to stick with the sailing club the next time we talk, that way I can tell her why DS had decided not to keep up with it.

As far as drinking in general while at school, it is more likely DD than DS, as he is not big into breaking rules. But I am not really worried about it, hopefully they have enough sense to keep it off campus. DD turns 21 in May.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  So I feel like I will actually ask her if her son had decided to stick with the sailing club the next time we talk, that way I can tell her why DS had decided not to keep up with it.
                  I like this. I would want to know, so I could ask my kid what they think of all the drinking. That's how conversations that might lead to some actual thinking get started. And we can all use those types of conversations.

Middlest told me that she is avoiding a group because it seems to be mostly about drinking. (And also complained about the frat excesses.) I believe her, beccause if she was into the drinking, she wouldn't have said anything. I'm also glad that she doesn't see the appeal in getting wasted for the feeling of it.

I did seven loads of laundry for her when she came home. Honey thought she should do it herself, but I wanted to. I would love for someone to do laundry for ME when i wanted to relax, after all!

Comment

• I agree about her mentioning the drinking. DS brought up the reason he was not going to do the sailing club. I think he did that for a number of reasons...he wanted me to not "push it", he wanted me to know he still had a clear head, and he wanted me to essentially pat him on the back for making the right decision (which I did of course). He is also steering clear of the whole Greek thing. One of the guys in his group is going that route, and they are losing touch with him.

The one thing positive about my sister's drinking problem, is that my kids have seen her blasted many times and it is not a pretty site. I feel pretty sure they don't want to go that route.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      251.6! Yahoo!! To my mind that puts me under the 252 baby deliveries weight and sets me on my next goal...235. 235 is the lowest weight I have been since I delivered my second baby (except for a bout of food poisoning that lasted over 4 weeks in which I believe I hit something very close to 200, but it was only for a brief moment until I got better). 235 is also the weight I was at when I decided to go vegetarian to lose weight.

Food yesterday was not my most compliant fasting day. I did very well until I made dinner. It was steak, salad, and roasted garlic potatoes, none of which was for me. So when I was making up a lunch for DH (I have been using part of dinner to put away in the freezer for him to take for work lunches) I had a "taste" of the steak and a few nibbles of the potatoes. I was already at 500 for the day, so I feel sure that these took me over my 525 to 550 mark, but apparently to no ill effect scale wise. Anyway, it was controlled, in other words I did not have a potato's worth of nibbles or a steak's worth of tastes, so it is all good.

NEAT still pitiful, 4598 steps and 2 stairs. I did have the fitbit on the recharger in my morning, but lack of sleep kept me lethargic most of the day.

Sleep yesterday's sleep was a blip in the quality as well as quantity scales. 6:13 asleep and 87% efficiency, awake 5 times and each one more than just a few minutes. Went to bed late, didn't sleep well, lethargic all day.

Today after work I have to meet with the guy who is going to make our sign for the church youth reno.

DS got on the xBox last night, first time he has played since he left, though I am sure he plays some on his computer while at school, it sounds as though his life is full enough while there that he doesn't need/want to spend time doing that.

So he told me he is not going to do the sailing club because as it turns out it is mostly an excuse to drink beer. He says not worth getting kicked out of school for crappy beer (DH brews at home and lets DS have some if he wants-not his underage friends of course though). I said that one of his friend's mom told me that kid was pretty heavy into the sailing club. DS just nodded and said he knows, and told me of seeing this kid stumble back to his dorm after a club tailgate party. So now I have to think of what do I tell her (what would I want to know). I think, if it comes up-and it likely will, I will just tell her that DS decided not to do the sailing club because of the prevalence of the beer at their gatherings, and not say anything about her son. That way she can at least not push him to continue in the sailing club, and really there isn't anything she can do about the drinking except worry.

Now, DS could just be feeding me a line re not joining in the beer drinking, but there isn't anything I can do about it either, so I will choose to believe him until I am slapped in the face with evidence.
                      I was someone who was allowed to sample/drink alcohol at home when I was under aged. I never drank with friends in high school/early college years because it held no taboo power/need. I think you/DH are wise to let the dabbling happen at home.

Comment

• thanks, hopefully it continues to hold true. 18 was legal age when I was in school, but we did imbibe in high school. My father was very strict about it. However, I had a friend die in a car accident in my junior year and that snapped me right out of it.

When we visited Denmark, we were having dinner at a friend's house and the father had to leave mid-dessert to pick his son up from a graduation party because he was drunk. There is no drinking age there, no stigma attached, and so the kids have no problem calling mom and dad for a ride because there is a stigma attached to driving drunk and to getting in the car with a drunk driver there!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 252.8 yesterday was a non-fasting day. I ate junk. We won't go into it, but there was sugar involved. I didn't binge, it was more of a tasting while cooking that went too far. Then some chocolate covered mixed nuts. I cannot resist chocolate covered nuts. Most everything else, as long as I don't have the first bite I can resist, but the combination of crunchy, creamy, just sweet enough, and chocolate, well no cannot resist. Especially if I had already tasted a sugary thing. Now in times gone by I would have finished the entire package (it was a small souvenir sized one, come on), but I only had a single handful (after the tasting of course). It made me quite full, in an unhappy sort of way.

Today is a fasting day. ie. recovery!

Forgot to mention sleep yesterday was fantastic! 5:30 hours straight, then 10 restless minutes, then another 2 hours, then the restlessness of waking up equals 7:43 asleep with 96% efficiency and 2 wake ups.

I am going to try to make a goodwill run this afternoon, which means I need to get some stuff bagged and inventoried and put in my car. I want to get another coat on those darn frames, I am having trouble getting the exact look I want on them. We will watch the football game this afternoon as well.

If I am not taking DS back to school tomorrow then he and I need to go get our flu shots today. If I am taking him back, then we will do that tomorrow with his sister after we all have lunch.
                          Last edited by demuralist; 10-19-2013, 07:43 AM. Reason: sleep
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I love how you term fasting days as recovery. Do you find the recovery happens quickly or do you struggle after an imbibed day?
                            oh flu shots.. a reminder I need mine.
                            Karin

Comment

• I usually recovery pretty much as I go. It is not much of a struggle most days anymore. Some days, especially after a day when my tummy feels I went over board, it is a relief.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Okay, where are you? Isn't today a work day?
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X