No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks, yep, I admit, I am blessed with great hair, being a hairdresser for 15 years doesn't hurt either. It helps me to maximize what I have, which is always a good thing!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Snoopy and the Dancing Bunnies - YouTube

doing a happy dance this morning....252.8! oh yes a new low, and the same weight as I was at both kid's last appointment before delivery. (it wasn't a digital scale, so 252 point who knows).

Food yesterday obviously went well. It was a fast day. I had a smoothie when I got home from work last night, and my calories ended up at 540. So, the thing is the scale is more agreeable when my calories on fast days are right at my "limit" of 525 to 550, as opposed to when I am under 400. mmm, well that makes life easier.

Sleep yesterday was also good, 8:08 and 93% efficiency. I had a very long stretch first thing of 5 hours, then 3 shorter bursts until I woke up just before the alarm.

NEAT was less impressive. 6 flights of stairs and only 6373 steps. Basically until I get myself back on the treadmill my steps seem to hover in the 6 to 7 thousand range.

I saw this article this morning, about not making your parents money mistakes. How Not to Make Your Parents’ Money Mistakes | The Art of ManlinessAnd it was like OMG, the difference between my parents and DH's parents became really obviously stark. Mostly i the first part about changing your thinking. Of course we still have yet to see how my parents way of thinking pans out as they are both (thankfully) still alive, and surviving financially. In the end, DH's dad died nearly penniless after giving all of his money to hospitals and doctors who worked so hard to keep him alive well past when he had hoped they would (his DIL ignored his living will), and to the nursing home that he lived in when he no longer knew who he was (let alone could take care of himself).

But I digress. It is an interesting article.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• loving the new low!! Now are you weighing everyday? I have begun to step on the scale daily just to kind of check in. I think those fasting days are the ticket for you and you seem to manage them very well. I think routine is the answer there. No routine and it will not work as well.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I try to remember to weigh every day. I am pretty sure that daily or near daily weigh ins is the ticket me for long term, no denial in a digital number, so no chance of letting myself slip back up.

And I agree that the trick is a routine with my fasting days. For the most part they are going very well and are reasonably easy.

I track my low weights on an app on my phone and MFP, I spot track my other weights on MFP under a tracking category I added called "up day" weights so that they don't take away from the total pounds lost that is shone in my profile. Its all mental right?
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• WooHoo!!!!

I forgot to tell you that I set up an alternate weight tracker as you suggested. Thanks
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks

It helps a lot right? It makes me feel like I am being honest with myself, but not letting myself get depressed over the fluctuations.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• 254.2 up 1.4 after a non-fasting day in which I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I think today will be non-fasting as well, I generally prefer to have Sundays be my 3rd fast day, but the hubs went flying today so he will likely not be home till late, so if I can keep myself busy, I may do my fast today. I certainly have enough to do that I should be able to accomplish that.

Food, well, my non-fasting days are not totally primal, and yesterday was no exception. While I stick to real foods 99% of the time (I can't let go of my flat outs) I did have some of the homemade bread yesterday, though WAY less than I would have had normally. Just one good sized slice and a very small crusty end, warm with a bit of kerrygold. Next to some fantastic homemade veggie soup. For dessert we had cheese and dates.

NEAT yesterday...I still only got 5650 steps, but I got in 14 flights of stairs. Today, since I have errands to do, I am likely to get a lot more steps but not as many flights of stairs.

Sleep just keeps getting slowly better. Yesterday I actually only slept 6:25 minutes, but it was with 93% efficiency and I woke up wide awake without the alarm at 6:15 (an hour and fifteen minutes early). I had 2 nice long uninterrupted stretches and 2 shorter (1 hour) ones.

On my plate today...a Costco run, pick up my rings from the jeweler, get the car washed, color my hair, another coat of paint on the frames, finish photoshopping the photo for the bedroom wall so I can order the canvases. (some of that will probably get pushed into tomorrow, but I am aiming high gonna try to get it all done today)
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• oooo perfect dessert!! I love this fall weather and soup time again. I prefer more stewish soups but with the cooler weather it all just sounds awesome. I have some in the crockpot now (veggies + some fresh pumpkin and will add hamburger towards the end). I would LOVE a slice of homemade bread with it though even if bread is not my friend. LOL

You sound busy today! Where does hubs fly when he goes flying? Have you ever gone with him to take some shots?
                  Karin

Comment

• Today he and one of his co-owners just needed some practice so they essentially fly in huge circles (I mean he usually covers a few states...KY, AR, TN, AL), they practice stalls and approaches and landings. Sometimes they will go somewhere and have lunch or dinner, there are quite a few places that are not too far away that will pick pilots up from the local airports and take them back after their meal. I get sick when I fly with him.

I have a horrible time with motion sickness. He thinks if I would just fly with him I would eventually get used to it, but who wants to spend their weekend off sick as a dog? My DD has gotten some great shots though. Both kids will fly with him, he has picked DD up from College once or twice. But it is a bit of a pain for her to get to the airport, and it is pricey because even though he partially owns the plane they pay the kitty for the time they fly and the kitty pays for maintenance and gas. It is not the cheapest of hobbies!

It is too bad I can't fly though, cause we could go on day trips that could be a lot of fun.

On the other hand...it takes an hour to get to where the plane is hangered, an hour for pre-flight and gassing up, then of course the time in the air, then you have to spend at least 30 minutes messing with the plane when you land, then you still have to get to where ever you are going. In the end when he has flown and I have met him we take about the same amount of time to get to places that are close. Now if he flies alone, and he has a tail wind, he can get to my parents in about 4.5 hours of actual flying. So door to door then would be 7.5 to 8 hours-if he has a tail wind. It takes me about 10.5 to drive it. BUT when we did it with all four of us and our luggage, we had to stop because the plane could not hold as much gas with all that extra weight.
                    So that flight, door to door took 11 hours, and I was sick as a dog.

anyway...the hair always takes 3 times longer than I think it will. So I didn't get to the frames, though I will probably play with the photos in a bit. I will do the frames tomorrow.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Bummer that you can't fly with him. You had a busy day as usual.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• yep, it stinks, but actually as I get older it gets worse. I think it has to do with the fact that my ears don't work as well as they used to and that is really where it all starts.

The day went well, even though I didn't get to the frames or photos, but the hair worked well (in my book that means it looks pretty much the same as last time), and my rings always look so good when I have something done to them because they clean them so much better than I can. While I was there she let me try on a bunch of the rings in the case, and I tried on the ring of my dreams...it is an 8 carat emerald, in a white gold setting with 3 emerald cut diamonds on each side that are each slightly smaller than the one next to it. $4,000 so it will never happen, and really I could not feel right with it even if it could. But it was fun it wear it for a little while.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 255.6 up, duh, just had 2 non-fasting days in a row. Today is fasting.

Food well, I had to throw away the dates if that tells you anything. I just kept going in there to get just one more. Other than that the day went well.

NEAT well, the fitbit has decided to stop recording so, I am in the market for a new one. I will probably end up with another fitbit since all the data is there, it records my steps and sleep, and I like the graphs that show exactly when steps are happening, and when sleep is happening, just wish it recorded number of stairs climbed instead of flights of stairs. I dunno, doing the research.

Sleep yesterday's sleep was the last recorded, 7:17 and 95% efficiency, again got 2 nice long stretches, then one short.

Ok, today is the day I paint those frames, work the photoshop, and hopefully bag up some stuff for Goodwill.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I feel like a slug compared to you guys on the weekend. I plan to walk the dogs, cook food for the family, and probably read some testimony. And nap. And knit.

I love jewelry, too, but what I want costs like $10k. No way will I spend that...I could buy a car...
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              yep, it stinks, but actually as I get older it gets worse. I think it has to do with the fact that my ears don't work as well as they used to and that is really where it all starts.

The day went well, even though I didn't get to the frames or photos, but the hair worked well (in my book that means it looks pretty much the same as last time), and my rings always look so good when I have something done to them because they clean them so much better than I can. While I was there she let me try on a bunch of the rings in the case, and I tried on the ring of my dreams...it is an 8 carat emerald, in a white gold setting with 3 emerald cut diamonds on each side that are each slightly smaller than the one next to it. $4,000 so it will never happen, and really I could not feel right with it even if it could. But it was fun it wear it for a little while.
                              If I could afford it I would be JUST FINE wearing it. I have some larger pieces and with jewelry, go big or go home is my motto! LOL
                              Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              255.6 up, duh, just had 2 non-fasting days in a row. Today is fasting.

Food well, I had to throw away the dates if that tells you anything. I just kept going in there to get just one more. Other than that the day went well.

NEAT well, the fitbit has decided to stop recording so, I am in the market for a new one. I will probably end up with another fitbit since all the data is there, it records my steps and sleep, and I like the graphs that show exactly when steps are happening, and when sleep is happening, just wish it recorded number of stairs climbed instead of flights of stairs. I dunno, doing the research.

Sleep yesterday's sleep was the last recorded, 7:17 and 95% efficiency, again got 2 nice long stretches, then one short.

Ok, today is the day I paint those frames, work the photoshop, and hopefully bag up some stuff for Goodwill.
                              *mourning right now*

sucks about the fitbit. Contact them though. They are guaranteed, a lifetime.
                              Karin

Comment

• thanks Karin! When I went to the fitbit site to find info on the warranty (it is just 365 days now), I found info on how to reset it, so it is working again!!! No need to buy a new one, now I can go get that Emerald. ok, maybe not. I agree, if I was going to spend money on jewelry I would do it on this ring, something I love and that people would really notice. I just really can't bring myself to spend money on jewelry in general. For the money that ring costs I could buy the Eames chair and ottoman I want for the living room (the real one, not a repro), or a repro and a couch, or, well you get the picture. Though the ring would last longer, and be something I could pass down, mmmm.

Well as I was working in the basement Dh came down to let me know he needs part of the space I had spread out to. I had started organizing my shelves down there and had spread out quite a bit. Well, I just put everything back where it was and came in here. Once I stop chatting with you all, I will get onto the photoshop lessons so I can figure out why I would want to do "layers" when I do my editing.

Oh, and Ruth, if my weeks went like yours I would not do anything on the weekends either. Your weeks make me feel like a slug!!!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X