Clear All

• whoot! whoot! NICE!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Very nice. Woot Woot indeed.

Comment

• thanks. It definitely put me in a good mood, try as I might not to be swayed by the scale!

So what that means is that I am still losing .75lbs per week (the 5:2 progress tracker figures it out for me), which is spot in the middle of my goal of .5 to 1 lb a week.

Today is a non-fasting day. But the hubs is not going to be home for dinner, so I can have whatever I want! I am thinking pecan encrusted salmon over a large fresh salad.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Awesome!!!!!
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Whole Health Source: Sleep and Genetic Obesity Risk

Here is a link regarding genetics vs. environment and how sleep plays into the equation. I don't think it is a coincidence that my weight goes down when I am in bed consistently for 9 hours a night, regardless of the quality (although that has been generally improving as well). I know I need to allow at least 9 hours in bed to get enough sleep to wake up without an alarm (usually after about 8 and a half hours).

Now I haven't improved my NEAT yet, but it is the final piece of the puzzle. I will get there.
            Last edited by demuralist; 10-09-2013, 11:45 AM. Reason: the link, duh
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I finally figured out I can upload a photo from my phone, this one is from the last time I did my roots (about 4 weeks ago), so this is what I really look like now (the other photo was 20 years old), well when I take a photo of myself anyway. I was sending DD a photo of the new color.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I like it!! Color and pic!! So jealous of your curly hair!!!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                Karin

Comment

• ahh, then I should post a picture of what I look like in the morning! Frightful!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• New low? Happy dance (be glad you can't see it :-)).

Line the picture. Jealous of your hair...even in the am :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Me too..frightful hair at least has character.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                        Karin

Comment

• Great pic!
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks guys
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• well, forgot to weigh this morning, got up late and was a bit rushed. Weird.

Food went well yesterday. I have, for the most part been doing a pretty good job of tracking on most days. And even with eating a porterhouse for dinner last night (it was more enticing than fish), I still didn't have a blockbuster protein day. I don't worry too much about it as I have felt satisfied and I am losing, so no I am not going to tweak it.

NEAT, well, I swear that today I am going to use the upstairs restrooms at home and at work all day, period, end of discussion. I want at least 10 flights of stairs every single day. One thing at a time, I will work on total steps once I get the 10 flights in regularly. Yesterday when I got home from work, I went right outside and mowed the lawn, then cut a friend's hair, so not my typical come home and jump on the computer. Today, I plan to work in the basement-put another coat of paint on my frames and make up some bags to take to the Goodwill. I am trying to teach myself to only be on the computer when I am too tired to stand anymore!

Sleep quality is improving so much, a 10 to 10:30 bed time fits so much better with my natural sleep cycle. My wake ups are much shorter and I have been having at least 2 long stretches without waking up each night. My average number of times waking up is hovering around 4 or 5 a night, but as I said, each one is much shorter than in the past. I am sure that is helping with my weight as well.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                Thanks guys
                                The new pic is great. I am jealous of your hair and I am a dude. Seriously, that is some great hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X