No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since the show Nashville started to air, it is much harder to get to concerts here. Our fav place used to be the Bluebird Cafe. It is less than a mile from our house, and we prefer listening to the songwriters than the big production concerts. But that is a place that is featured on the show so it is impossible to get into now. It will die back down eventually, but for now, The concert on the mountain is what we do, we get season tickets, so no need to stand in line to get in. (well except waiting for the gates to open).

I suspect we have a couple of expensive appliance years coming up here. We should have anticipated it, we have been here for 9 years. It just means we will have to stay longer. Because although it is a buyers market right now and our house would go for a pretty penny, we wouldn't be able to afford to buy anything else.

and yes my DD the sexologist did make me smile, this summer she was too embarrassed to finish a convo about sex with me and it wasn't even about either of our sex lives!

well, confession time. I got into the toffee I am making for tonight. Ate way too much. Should we call it a binge or an addiction? Whatever, I am not loving how I feel right now, physically or emotionally. It has made me feel very lethargic, the sugar crash has set in, and I have so much to do to get ready for tonight. On the positive side, it was way less than I would have done in times before I was doing the 4:3, and I am pretty sick of it right now, so I am thinking I am done with it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      well, confession time. I got into the toffee I am making for tonight. Ate way too much. Should we call it a binge or an addiction? Whatever, I am not loving how I feel right now, physically or emotionally. It has made me feel very lethargic, the sugar crash has set in, and I have so much to do to get ready for tonight. On the positive side, it was way less than I would have done in times before I was doing the 4:3, and I am pretty sick of it right now, so I am thinking I am done with it.
      I'd call it life. I still struggle with sweet stuff or baked goods I make. I don't know that there would have been any toffee for tonight had I made it....
      -- Ruth

Comment

• there is definitely an addictive power to stuff like that. After I wrote that I was putting it into the container to take it tonight and I had to work hard not to put any in my mouth. Even though I was still stuffed and still pretty sick of it! I would not even let myself lick my fingers as I was walking to the sink to wash my hands. jeez, it took serious effort. I will be able to resist tonight because there will be people around, but I am going to try to give any that is left to people as they are walking by us!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes, I call it being human. I cannot believe the restraint you show when you make goodies for others.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm actually to the point where I often won't make them. DH wanted a cake the other day...it was a DD...I told him he had to wait a day. I just can't have that kind of temptation on a DD. [Plus, though he's skinny, he doesn't need cake or bread or that stuff either.]
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
              I'd call it life. I still struggle with sweet stuff or baked goods I make. I don't know that there would have been any toffee for tonight had I made it....
              Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
              Yes, I call it being human. I cannot believe the restraint you show when you make goodies for others.
              Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
              I'm actually to the point where I often won't make them. DH wanted a cake the other day...it was a DD...I told him he had to wait a day. I just can't have that kind of temptation on a DD. [Plus, though he's skinny, he doesn't need cake or bread or that stuff either.]
              this..this..this... your human, move on
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Love and so appreciate the support guys! So the good news I only had one small piece tonight and BFF was thrilled that I asked her to please take the rest of the toffee for the evening church service which she is in charge of collecting goodies for.

Ruth, that is a good time for a mug cake!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• awesome!!

What mug cake did you make?
                  Karin

Comment

• oh, no I didn't make one, but if DH must have a dessert when I am on a down day (or I am not in the mood for anything) I usually make him one of the peanut butter ones as PB is his favorite flavor. He is easy too, because he doesn't care for icing, so I can just pop the cake into the microwave and hand it to him. Tonight is an ice cream night for him, and he can make it last 2 nights. I make it, and yes it is PB, and I don't care for it, so an easy thing to make for him on a down day for me.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• 257.2 that is up .2 from yesterday, 2.6 for the 2 non-fasting days. Not unusual, so no harm no foul. Today is a fasting day.

Last night as I was falling asleep and thinking that I was actually looking forward to today's fasting day, I started to realize how people could be anorexic. Not bulimic mind you, cause vomiting to me is just gross. But being able to take a break from eating for a day, is very nice. Moving away from the excess of my last 2 non-fasting days is actually a relief.

Food for yesterday, well you already know this.

NEAT for yesterday, ditto.

Sleep yesterday was quite good. 7:20 and only 89% but 2 long stretches of sleep.

I am taking my computer in today to have the stuff from the old computer transferred over, then tomorrow my class will be about how to delete the crap I don't want on the new computer and where to put the stuff from the old one so I can find it. I am a little leery of doing this, the old one has 9 years and 3 people's worth of stuff on it.

The rest of the day will be spent housekeeping.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• 255.0 after a fairly high, but still legit, fast day. Today is a non-fasting day.

Food yesterday went well. I was hungry more than usual, not surprising given the 2 days before, so I ate an entire pkg of celery hearts with my smoothie.

NEAT I am not sure what to do here. I need to just do it, but can't bring myself to get on the treadmill right now. We are going to Asheville in a couple of weeks and I need to have my walking legs on for that, so I really need to be on the treadmill. But instead, here I am.

Sleep is definitely getting better. I am pretty consistently getting multiple stretches of at least 2 hours through out the night. To me this means I am likely getting into REM and the deeper stages, and explains why I am feeling mentally more alert. Hoping a few more nights like this will motivate me toward the treadmill.

Today is a day of meetings...taking my computer in to have the tech help me with organizing photos, then the church youth reno, then coffee with BFF. For coffee, I think we will just take a stroll outside, the weather is so beautiful today.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 256.2 after a non-fasting day. Just didn't make the best choices. Today is a fasting day, so I will be fine.

Last night I had some weird dreams. Well I actually think it was this morning. DH had to get up early, so his alarm went off about an hour and a half earlier than mine. And I think all the weird dreams occurred during that time.

In one of them, I sort of had a jolt and thought "Oh my I was supposed to pick up my boss and her son at 2pm, and it is too late to call her to say I am sorry" so I actually worried about that for a while, till I finally was able to convince myself that I it was a dream and I was not supposed to pick her up and could fall back to sleep. Then I dreamt I was selling icecream in a ball stadium, but it was like cups and it was melting. So then I decided I needed to get away from the owner, and left my tray next to his door, and snuck away. But the stadium was attached to a mall and I kept getting lost in the shoe stores and departments!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• HAHAHAHAH!!! You need new shoes obviously!! I love how you just say, oh today is a fasting day! you are so casual about it dang it! Its working for you or your working it and its all good Keep up the good work Chris. You have will of iron I tell you!
                            Karin

Comment

• thanks, but no I don't have a will of iron! Yesterday I ate way too many dates (I gotta get those to my DD before I finish the whole container!).

For reasons that I cannot explain, I actually look forward to the fast days now. They are not at all hard anymore (though I have heard that it comes and goes). But really part of it is that I am listening to my body. I am a night owl and I prefer my calories later in the day. So that is when I take them. I have stopped fighting the witching hour, and now it is my "lunch" hour.

I feel like I am finally working with a plan that is actually different than anything I have ever done (or thought I would ever be able to do) but feels totally natural. Being "allowed" to eat whatever I want on some days, makes no food off limits and therefore there is less of a draw most of the time. And even when I do go after something, the quantity I eat and when I am able to stop surprises even me.

Yesterday, for example, when I say I got into the dates...I ate 5. In times past, I would eat them till I was almost sick. My current thinking is that there is something in the dates that my body needs right now. They are a good source of fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamin A, the B complex, etc. So as long as I don't feel like I have lost control, I am going to try to keep listening to what my body wants to eat, without judgement.

p.s. I always need shoes!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• 253.4 ah yes, new low!! only 1.4 from my first interim goal of being below my last pregnancy weight before delivery of 252.

I gotta go get ready for work, but had to broadcast the news, I will be back later to chat. ttfn
                                Last edited by demuralist; 10-09-2013, 07:20 AM. Reason: math
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X