No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can hardly be worse. We actually have had worse, we are due for some good ones actually.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So the crazy talk in DD's email was that if she doesn't get into medical school she may become a certified "Sexologist" in which she would give lectures and classes on sex education. Not sure who would pay her salary on that one?!? I suspect she would end up with a PhD, and work as a professor at a University doing research and teaching, then "consult" with school boards for their sex education programs. Actually I think that it would better suit her personality than Forsenic Pathologist, she is outgoing and social, working with cadavers is interesting but not very social. She is only a junior, so she has time.

Anyway...weight this morning 254.6 down 1.4 after my second fasting day this week. It is a new low by .2. Today and tomorrow are non-fasting days.

Food yesterday went well. I have been only getting about 350 calories on my fast days, but yesterday I decided to add a smoothie so I could get some veggies in. That pushed my calories up to the high end of my fast day allowance at 524 (550 is my limit). I don't actually think the calorie counting can be that precise anyway, but it actually seemed to have a positive effect in that (TMI ALERT) it moved things along this morning and that is often an issue after a fast day. Not sure why I stop doing the smoothies, I really enjoy them and they always make me feel better in many ways. So I am going to work to continue doing them in the late afternoon.

NEAT is still abysmal. I am trying to focus on sleep this week and am hoping that I can focus on NEAT again starting tomorrow.

Sleep 7:37 and 90% with 2 long stretches, I think it is getting better. At least it feels better.

I feel in a better mood today.

When I got home yesterday I worked on the idea board for the Youth Reno, and so that all feels like it is coming together and is going to be awesome. Of course we interior designers are meeting with the architects on Monday and there is likely to be some adjustments in what we want to do in areas where our designs meet (i.e.. our plans for the ceilings and floors). There is of course, also the issue of the budget. Commercial grade (read stuff sturdy enough for a pack of teens) furniture is very pricey, and likely to eat up most of the interior's budget.

Anyway, I need to shift my focus away from my petty complaints and work to continue to see the things I have that I am grateful for.
      Last edited by demuralist; 10-04-2013, 06:19 AM.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I thought you were doing smoothies to help feel full on fasting days. Sounds like you are doing well on your plan though and its become a great habit and totally livable.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• no the iced coffee makes me feel full on fasting days. I had been doing the smoothies on non-fasting days so that I wouldn't pig out when I got home. But then it slipped by the wayside. I am bringing it back though. For both fasting and non-fasting, I find I need the veggies, I like the taste, and it helps with the sweet cravings.

yep totally a habit now, and very livable
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• "Sexologist" would make for a great business card!

Now I want a green smoothie.

Comment

• yes, I think she likes the shock value.

I know I am thinking green smoothie when I get home today, mmm
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• DS just sent a brief email, not nearly as crazy as his sister's. So I am happy now, have heard from both kids so life is good.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Yay :-) glad you hard from the kiddos!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I am sure that is a load off your mind.
                    Karin

Comment

• Much better.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• 257.0 that is up 2.4 after a non-fasting day.

Food yesterday...not great. I ate when I got home from work. I just do not feel like a smoothie on non-fasting days. I am going to have to force it though because once I start food at that time of day there is no stopping. I got into some dates that I had gotten for DD but were too heavy to send in the last care package. I stayed within my TDEE, but wow do those things pack some carbs! Anyway, I know I didn't eat 10,000 extra calories so that 2.4 is obviously water weight, gonna drink lots of fluids early today.

NEAT yesterday...seriously just abysmal

Sleep yesterday was very good, only 6:47 but 96% efficiency. I had a single stretch of 5 hours! and 2 shorter ones on either side of it.

So our Keurig stopped brewing this morning and DH did not get his second cup of coffee. He is going to be a bear. Not only did he not get his second cup, but another appliance (seemed to have) pooped out. I have gotten it working again (I ended up having to turn it upside down and burp it!). I am cleaning it now, so it will brew beautifully by the time he gets home, but I am not sure it will turn around his mood. But we are going out with friends tonight to an event he LOVES so that should do it.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Ugh. I feel like we go through phases were everything needs repaired or replaced. It's hard. Poor DH. And poor you for dealing with DH

Whatcha got planned for today?
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I have to go pick up my rings in a little bit here (and force myself not to buy a ring I want to get for DD for Christmas-it is a fantastically beautiful emerald-her birthstone-but it is pricey and it is too early to buy her gift as she may make a request for something). The band on my engagement ring broke, so it has been at the jeweler all week.

The rest of the day I am cooking for a concert we are going to tonight. It is the outdoor one we go to monthly. It is a songwriters in the round which is my favorite. They get 3 local songwriters to take turns singing their songs. Of course this is Nashville, and they are, as a general rule, very clever/amusing/talented people. They are up there with just their voices and their own personal instrument, and they usually end up turning it into a sort of jam session backing each other with harmonies and such. And tonight the weather promises to be stunningly gorgeous. It is the last one of the season. (Janis Ian and Gretchen Peters and Craig Carothers play tonight) And we are taking my BFF and her DH.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Ooo i can imagine the concerts in Nashville are incredible. What a great way for you and the hubs to get out and kick your heels up.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                              Karin

Comment

• Sounds like fun.

Lol? On you daughter the sexologist. Glad both got in touch.

My washer has been out for over a month. The laudromat owner loves me.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X