No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made some a few days ago, and the wonderful smell almost got me when I opened the container by mistake. I'll be enjoying it later this week, if Littlest doesn't eat it all.

Comment

• ok, well I forgot to weigh in this morning, steps yesterday were abysmal, and sleep is horrendous.

I need to rethink my treadmill/NEAT as well as the timing for my days in general really. I feel like I am working against my natural rhythms. I am a night owl, trying to go to bed at 9:30 so that I can get up to exercise is, well, not working. I am going to try, for a while, to go to bed at 10:30, and get up at 7:30 (closer to my natural rhythms) and get on the treadmill at the end of my work day, on the days I go to work, and get on it when I wake up on my days off. I am going to try to do this for the next few weeks and see if I can't get more consistently higher steps on my fitbit, as well as a better quality of sleep.

Food yesterday went well. I did not feel the urge for the pumpkin even after dinner, so I left it for DH. I actually tracked my food for yesterday, even though it was a non-fasting day. And even though I felt totally stuffed by the end of the night, I came in well under my TDEE with only a bit over 1,600 calories. And Sunday I only had a bit over 1,900. My TDEE is 2,100. But I think that either, that is a high estimation for TDEE, or I am not very accurate at measuring my food intake, or maybe a bit of both.

Today is a fast day.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yesterday's fast went very well, they are getting easier. I did eat celery and jicama with lots of salt. This raised my carb level (though it was still very low) as well as having me retain a bit of fluid this morning.

Weight this morning was 255.6 (I think, I am horrible with remembering numbers)

So I went to bed later last night (10:30) and woke up later this morning (7:30), now I just have to convince myself to get on the treadmill when I get home and my plan will have its first successful day, regarding NEAT and sleep. I will have to fill in details of yesterday when I get home and on my own computer, I didn't get on it this morning. But it was much easier to fall asleep last night, and I think I slept better, till my bladder woke me up at my usual time this morning.

It is my plan to wake up at 7:30 every day. On my days off I will do the treadmill first thing, on work days I will do it when I get home. I am hoping the consistency of sleep time will help improve the quality.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
          "Paleo"/"Primal" granola is too much for me. I can't stay out of it.................
          Me too. I eat it by the handful as I walk by the jar in the kitchen.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• on fast days, that would just be too much of a magnet in the pantry! Heck the other day I was eying the raw oatmeal, but was able to pass on it (I used to put raw oatmeal, with butter and brown sugar in the microwave when I was single and eat it for breakfast).
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• weight this morning was 256, after a non-fasting day, that is up .4 (I think) from yesterday. Today is my 2nd fasting day of the week, my 3rd one will be Sunday this week. I am shooting to get down to 253 point something this week (last week's low was 254.8).

We have our last mountain top concert for the season on Saturday night, so there will be food and drink and lots of great music.

Food yesterday was fine. I stayed under TDEE, but not on purpose. On my non-fasting days I track after I eat, on fasting days I track before. So I limit on fast days, and want to be aware on non-fasting days. I really need to go back to doing my veggie smoothies on my non-fasting days though. I need the veggies, I think, they help keep me regular, which likely helps with the weight loss.

NEAT, well I don't know, now that I sleep later I don't do the computer in the morning so I forget to check the fitbit.

Sleep, as above, except that it seems like I am sleeping better. It is easier for me to fall asleep at the 10:30 bedtime, and it seems like I sleep without so much tossing and turning and dreaming. But I am still waking up around 5:30 and going back to sleep.

Work has been hard lately, boring, not enough to do really. Now that I know I will only be working 3 days a week next year, my week seems horribly long. I know, first world problems. But I can think of so many things I would rather be doing. The fact that we are having absolutely wonderful weather isn't helping either!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I feel sad today.

I am bored out of my mind at work.

I just pulled myself out of denial and admitted that we can't do our usual Christmas trip with BFF and her family. My DS has to have oral surgery over the break, and we won't know the date until he has the consult, which won't be until he comes home for the break. My DD will likely not be home over the break as she plans to shadow an orthopedic surgeon. We will likely be able to sneak away for a long weekend to visit with my parents, but our week at the beach is out.

Both of my kids are doing a very poor job of keeping in touch with their mother. Both have told me, when I did talk to them, that they are royally stressed. This stresses me out as well.

Dh is having buyer's remorse over the AC (he thinks we should have gone with the -much more expensive-2 stage system), he is driving me insane over it.

He is also on a roll with sending me emails regarding various maintenance emails for the home, and wanting me to "get these things scheduled pronto".

In the mean time, I am spending more time than I want on the Church Youth Reno, and no time doing what I really want.

sorry, just feeling whiney right now.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Ah, Chris. Sorry to hear that!! Hmm....what could cheer you up at work? I'll have to think on this...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Okay, Chris, your dog is to go look at the funnies on pinterest and report back...

-- Ruth

Comment

• Task, not dog. Surely my phone typing cheers you up :-) :-)

-- Ruth

Comment

• thanks, it helped, but I ended up having to go for the big guns...pictures of the people of walmart
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Bummer about the Christmas trip. I am sure you all will do something special at a different time. Perhaps ya'll can go at spring break?

Sorry about the kids and their communication-or lack of. Once they settle in perhaps it will get better.
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am trying to view it from my mother's perspective, and thinking of how bad I am about calling her. So I have been working at keeping in better touch with her. Also, I think because things are dragging at work, it is probably not as long as it feels like since I have heard from them. They have a lot more going on in their lives right now and so for them it probably seems like we just talked.

Yes, we will do something with them without the kids, and I am sure that as our kids get older we will be able to get back to a Christmas trip. My kids really miss doing St. Augustine at the Holidays, and so do DH and I. And I think if we could do Christmas week on that coast it would be easier for all of us, my kids would be more excited about the destination (actually so would her kids), and we could do a day to go see my parents (and BFF could spend a day to go see her family in Savannah). But her kids don't want to miss Christmas Eve at our church, so they want to do the week after Christmas, which causes issues with how little time there is then before my kids have to be back on campus (her kids too actually, but they just leave early since they each take their own car). And BFF won't consider another destination. So her family will go on to St. George.

So the other thing that makes me sad about this whole thing is that BFF feels like it is my kids that are the confounding issue. And they are definitely part of it, but only part of it. But I say nothing, because helping her realize that isn't as important to me as our friendship.

Anyway, Dh and our kids and I will probably do at least part of a week going to St. Augustine and visiting my parents, but it will have to be last minute.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Oh how quickly things can turn around.

DD sent a very long email. Some crazy talk in it, but she is young, and most of it positive and newsy.

Then... The neighbors with the nuisance barking dogs have put their home up for sale. Now we may end up with other issues, but as least for now this makes me very happy!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Wow.. new neighbors..might be a good thing

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X