No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• argh....I still have 1 hour and 48 minutes left to work, so slow....
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have problems with my 'full' meter, too. Sometimes, I set my timer for 15 minutes after I finish eating(but still feel like I want to eat!), and tell myself I can eat some more if I am still hungry when it rings. Sometimes...it even works!

Comment

• I have been holding off going back into the kitchen for at least 30 from the time I started eating. When I remember it works. It just helps a lot that I dont eat 3 meals a day plus snacks.

Gotta say my dinner tonight was amazing. I took frozen shrimp into a saute pan then added the thick part from a can of coconut milk. Started it cooking. Then added a squirt of siracha, T of curry powder, T of lemon juice, dash of salt and pepper, then threw in a big handful of dehydrated (unsweetened) coconut. While that is cooking I put some garlic in a pan with coconut oil then put in kale. Served the coconut shrimp over kale. Gave DH some soft rolls to sop up his sauce, I just sipped it. Hubs said it was better than you could get in a restaurant! It was yummy. So fast and easy too.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Holding steady at 256 after a non-fasting day. I think today is a fasting day, I can't think of anything I have planned that would mess it up. I have errands to run this morning, then I am going to work on stretching out the calves on my new boots, as well as the photos and frames I am going to hang in the bedroom, then we are going to go to the football game this evening.

On the boots...I bought 2 pair of riding boots on ebay for $50 (not each, but for both pair!). As I should have known, the calves are too small. So after much research, I squirted the inside with a mix of half water and half alcohol (rubbing-NOT the good stuff), then put a deflated soccer ball in there and slowly pumped it up, letting it rest for a while and then going back and pumping a bit more. I can now get it on! So I am going to do the same to the other one, then wear them around for the weekend (after I squirt them again), then do the other pair next weekend. Then I will condition them and give them a nice polish. This actually stretched them out 2". I wouldn't do it with one that had a zipper, but it worked nicely for the pull ons.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Thanks for the info on stretching boots. I haven't had a pair for years due to big calves.

Sent from my DROIDX using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• That recipe sounds wonderful. I'm going to give it a try next week. I have a can of coconut milk begging to be used and I love shrimp and kale.

Comment

• Yep, Paula this makes it a whole new ball game! Even boots for wide calves tend to be too small for mine. And that has true at every weight I have ever been.

Sabine, the shrimp was almost like a bisque. So good. Just enough left for a lunch portion tomorrow.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Very hungry tonight. Went for a cup of greens sautéed in a tiny bit of coconut oil as well as a few celery stalks. Better now.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• P.S. On the boots it worked well but I would not have done it on boots that I spent real money on. Not sure the stitching will always take it. And if you didnt pay a lot, having to spend a little bit to have the stitching repaired would not be a big deal.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Taking note on the boots. I have always worn ropers so the calf thing has never been as big deal.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Well, my fancy new computer, and fitbit, and adobe do not get along well. Today it will not my sleep info or show me my info for yesterday. I go in tomorrow and will speak with them about it.

I ended up yesterday doing very well. The cup of greens and the celery stalks did enough to quell the hunger that a big cup of the iced decaf topped it off. We even stayed up to watch part of SNL and I just had a Zevia to give me the sweet that I needed.

Sunday mornings, DH listens to news shows. It is loud, he has hearing issues. I can hear the chatter. It is frustrating. Not only are ALL of our politicians in need of relearning the definition of "negotiation" (it absolutely not, I am right and you have to give while I cede nothing), but the pundits talking over each other with the most ridiculous extreme things they could possibly say are acting like the extremes are the bulk of the population of either the US or the congress. It is actually making me stressed. Sitting here taking deep breaths.

Today I am going to wear my newly fitted boots to church. I am working to convince myself that I am going, totally hate that it cuts my day in half and I am not convinced that it is a good way to spend my day off, or that it is a good way to celebrate the deity. But I will go because it is important to my BFF.

Then if it doesn't rain, then I will work outside for the rest of the afternoon, as well as work on the other pair of boots.

If it rains then I will do more work on the frames and photos for my bedroom. Want to finish the frames this weekend (they need painted, one is too gold, and 2 are white).

Today and tomorrow are non-fasting days.

p.s. today's weight 254.8! Good news, that is .2 below my recent low weight. Bad news, next 2 days are non-fasting and TOM started today. Just when I thought I was on a roll, TOM makes a surprise visit. They are spread further apart now, at least 6 weeks, and they are no longer preceded by PMS (though I rarely had horrible PMS anyway). In fact they are not preceded by anything that might warn me of their attack.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• p.p.s. as it turns out you guys are better at keeping track of my weights than I am! My 5:2 low was 256.8 and it did indeed occur on August 25th. So I am definitely under that. Not sure how I got the 255 number in my head, wishful thinking I guess. So, yes today has been duly noted in the "healthcare" app on my phone, which is showing a nice down hill graph of the losses. And when I add it to the progress tracker in my 5:2 journal, it shows I am still averaging .74 pounds a week, even with the August spike upward. At this rate I will be at my goal in about 2 years. Which would be a massive improvement over what has happened over the last 2 years!
                          Last edited by demuralist; 09-29-2013, 07:40 AM.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Yay! The two years will pass anyway. Better to be going down than up.

Comment

• my sentiments exactly!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Maybe I remembered because it was on my bday?
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X