No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to prefer the breast as well, for the same reason. But our Trader Joes started getting grass fed thighs and legs (no idea where the rest of the chicken is) and they were relatively cheap, so I got hooked.

OMG!!! The HVAC cost twice as much as we had each guessed it might, and I thought the guesses were high. SH!T!! $8,000. And our upstairs one is just as old as the downstairs one, though slightly smaller, and had rust in the drain tube (meaning it is on its last legs as well). New one comes in Wednesday.

OK so the STATS

258.0 up .8 this sucks because I still have 2 days on non-fasting coming up
    6122 steps 11 flights
    6:57 at 83%

Food yesterday was weird. First I had the little unexpected time alone at home, and thus ate when I would not normally have, nor was I really hungry Then I had put dinner in the crock pot because we were going out last night and I wanted to have it ready when we got home. But we had to meet with the guy about the AC replacement and that took 2.5 hours, so we decided to just go to the party and eat there

So we are in line to get food, and they run out of plates, so the guy in front of us says he will have his wife put his food on her plate for us to go ahead and take the last one. I am like no, the caterer is on her way back with plates you go ahead and we will just wait. The guy says no, I insist, DH says go ahead and take the plate. So I fill the plate for both of us and just as I finish the woman brings the plates, AND DH TAKES ONE and proceeds to fill his plate. So now I am standing there with this enormous plate of food, his plate has-well yes- half of what I have on my plate, and he says lets go find the Dean. I am like, have you lost your fricking mind? So I found a little side room where I could sit and eat the stuff I had put on my plate for myself, without having to explain to anyone why the hell I had a huge pile of food on my plate. (I have mentioned lately that we look like Mutt and Jeff, he is thin and I am obese) He had gone to get a glass of wine, then came looking for me (this is odd cause he would normally have just left me be) and asked what I was doing. When I explained I was embarrassed about how much food I had on my plate, he thought I was being silly. So I said that was fine, I would just finish eating and find him when I was done. But then he sat down with me and we ate together, and I had to throw way perfectly lovely food, because he was a numbskull. The food was yummy though, and I have no idea what everything was, "gourmet" versions of southwest I believe.

NEAT well I got the stairs in right? Just gotta get on that treadmill first thing or I am not going to get those steps in.

Sleep, ah, these are sad stats because we slept upstairs in the super comfy room. So now I know I can't totally blame it on the bed. RATS.

Now this morning, the icing for the cake is too liquid (it is sucking up the humidity). So although the flavor is perfect I am going to have to add powdered sugar to stiffen it up or it will slide off the cake
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• HOLY cow. Wow. I might need to think about how much we keep in our savings account............

I feel the same way about my DH and myself. He is thin...I am so NOT. And, he is small-boned (for a guy), so I always feel like it looks more apparent (we are the same height, same bone size, same foot size, same hand size...only I weigh like 40 lb more). It does not seem to bother him at all...but really bothers me. [The only difference between your DH and mine is that my DH would have eaten his plate and the rest of mine...provided I didn't eat the whole thing!)

I SO want to try this cake. Good thing we don't live near
      -- Ruth

Comment

• DH did eat some of the stuff on mine when I told him why I was sitting there. It was actually very sweet. He is taller than I am (he is 6' and I am 5'7"), and he is not thin in the sense that if you saw him you would not think he was thin (he wears a 35" waist pant, Large shirts usually), but he has a pretty low body fat, no pot belly or anything like that, and I weigh 80 pounds more than he does. And while I weigh more than I think most people would guess, it would still be hugely embarrassing to sit down next to him and have twice as much food on my plate as he does. Most may not notice, but that doesn't really matter does it?

The amended icing is not as good, too sweet I think and that masks the more delicate flavors of the lavender and honey liqueur, but I have used all the lavender, and I can't add anymore liquid so it is what it is. I will put a thinner layer on the cake than normal and it will still be a good balance, I couldn't have it sliding off the cake.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, I would call the cake a fail. To me it looks like a cross between a minion and a penis and not much like the observatory. But since it does taste fantastic I will still risk the embarrassment and enter it into the contest, and hope for the winner in the taste division. If our air was working I would mess with it some more and add piped icing details, but the heat and the humidity in the house would likely only make matters worse.

Now to finish the rest of the food and get dressed. Luckily it is supposed to cool down tonight.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Hurray for the penis cake! Hope you win.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Good luck. Can't wait to hear the results. We need a picture
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Catching up..interesting cake adventure lol..i do wish i could taste it..love cake.

Sorry to hear about the A/C. Been there and it sucks.

On a happy note..I love reading your successes. Good food choices, portions etc.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• So, I didn't win. Funny though, because the volunteers all LOVED it, all the women. On the way in they were all oohing and aching, the photographer took a photo (he asked what it was named, and I said "Impression Observatory", he laughed) Then quite a few people walking by after and said they loved it (by this time it was apart so they had seen it in the judging area and remembered it).

So then we went to the back to buy some cd's and say hi to the songwriter that we know (he was the kid's youth minister), so I offered him a cake ball, and then he asked what I won, and I said I didn't and he was just shocked, very sweet.

Then on our way out a different set of volunteers, a bunch of guys, were cleaning up and I had the plate with the rest of the cake balls and a quarter of the cake (it turns out that people who are at the concert help themselves to the cakes), and one of the guys goes "hey, I wanted to tell you that I think you were robbed, your cake was by far the best, very clever" So I said did you get to taste any of it and he said no, so I asked if he wanted one of the cake balls and he said he had gloves on (they were doing the trash), I told him I would pop it in his mouth. He was so excited. Then the other guys were all smiling and hovering and so I offered cake balls to them as well. And they all raved, one guy said I made his night, one said it was the best thing he had ever tasted. They were so very sweet about it that it made me feel so much better about it! The prizes were not anything I was excited about so it wasn't heart breaking.

So there are about a dozen of the cake balls left, and a quarter of the cake which I will share with BFF and her hubby tomorrow when they come over.

Picture is posted in pinterest in my "I did it" board. I still haven't bothered to learn to put photos on here yet.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• p.s. it was an amazing night, the weather was perfect, the music was phenomenal, and the banter between the songwriters was so very much fun!

This is Thom (youth minister mentioned above) performing one of my favorite songs at the Bluebird Cafe. The song starts at about 2 minutes in, I am sad you can't understand what they are saying ahead of it, sure that it is funny they are a great group of guys. Anyway, enjoy....Thom Schuyler, When She Danced With Me - YouTube

another of the performers...Tony Arata (again the song starts at about 2 minutes in) Tony Arata, The Dance - YouTube

And the 3rd writer is Fred Knobloch..."3 Verses" Live at the Bluebird Café - YouTube

And the harmonica is Jelly Roll Johnson, amazing stuff.

Love living in this city!!!!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Wow..I would say you won an awesome prize!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Sorry that you didn't win, but it sounds as if you have lots of fans.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I love your positive attitude.

I'm still dying for a piece of that cake....
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• thanks! Wish it was shippable!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Next summer girls! Chris can make us 1 cake ball each for our reunion.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• there ya go!!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X