No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the website lied, the spigots are all plastic, and very flimsy at that. Not gonna chance that. Means I am going to have to go to the Mall, rats, hate going to the mall.

Karin, thanks for the link. I was reading through it and found another site (the Herbalist-I think) that had info about continuous brew, and suggestions on how to do it the way I was planning. So I am feeling better about it. I am going to go back to Whole Foods and get a few more bottles of theirs, and keep looking for a vessel that fits my specs. Then I will get started.
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-17-2013, 03:42 PM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yeah, kumbucha, someday in the future. Then I'll wish I was keeping up with all of this I'm still too scared to try it.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• the STATS:

-2.4 from yesterday to 260.2, net loss .2, so no long term effects from all that icing.
        6197 steps and 2 flights
        5:58 sleep with 84% efficiency, which explains the low steps and stairs!

Yesterday's food went very well, especially considering the crappy sleep and the battituude (I think I spelled that right) about the weight gain. I drank all of my calories, and no none of it was alcoholic. Did 2 iced coffees (one morning one night) and a smoothie in between. I would not really consider it a liquid fast, because I basically put food in a blender (kale, pumpkin, egg whites, cottage cheese, among other things). But it was under my 500 so that is good.

Movement yesterday was minimal, although I am obviously getting better because minimal a month ago would have been under 5,000 steps. Improvement, right...progress not perfection.

Sleep, well what can I say? The scientist who figures this one out is going to have my undying gratitude. It was just very choppy all night. I admit I went to sleep late, I did have one stretch of almost 2 hours, the rest would barely be considered a series of naps. sad.

As I was going to bed last night, I realized that I had forgotten a major ingredient in my icing. It doesn't change the flavor much, but it is essential to its stability. So this morning I pulled it out of the fridge and rewhipped it with the stabilizer. Hope I didn't make matters worse. Rats!

Boss is out of town this week, so work is slow and casual.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ugh.. what is it about sleep lately? Mine was choppy last night too.. very hard to wake up.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• this morning someone beeped a horn outside my window but it sounded like it was from inside the house. The AC vent next to the bed makes it so I can hear sounds from the garage/basement very well, and it is under the window, so it makes it hard sometimes to distinguish where the sound came from. So I popped wide awake, no idea what time, but then the rest of the night I slept lightly because I kept hearing things - once I actually heard a creek that sounded like the basement door (from the garage) opening, and right then DH got up -to go to the rest room as it turns out, but I thought it was because he heard the sound too. So I had a little mini-freak out till I realized he was going to the restroom and that he could not have heard anything anyway he is nearly deaf without the hearing aids. But it was enough to mess with my sleep for a while.

However, none of this explains the sleep that I was reporting which was for the night before last. (I have been reporting the sleep that effects the day as opposed to the one the day effects, if that makes sense).
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• I've been reluctant to wear my GWF arm band because I don't want to know how bad my sleep is. Unfortunately, it means that I am paying for a service that I don't use.

Plus one for Fitbit.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am sure the fitbit is not nearly as accurate as the GWF, but for me it is close enough for now.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• The STATS

259.8 down .4 from yesterday, and back in the 50's
                  9284 and 10 flights
                  7:19 and 91% efficiency

Food yesterday was a, well, feast. I started the morning by having to add the forgotten ingredient to the icing I had made, so I had to taste it. 2T of buttercream there. Then the day was fine, I always do well at work, I just do not eat there. Came home and had a hunk (2 cake balls) worth of red velvet with another 2T of icing. Then ate "lunch" (a wrap with PB, craisins, and walnuts). Dinner was lovely though, chicken thighs sautéed with marinated artichoke hearts sprinkled with parmesan. Then as I was cleaning up after dinner, I popped some (maybe 4 or 5) cake balls as I was transferring them to a zip lock baggie to put in the freezer. But then the scale this morning did not punish me

I did very well on NEAT yesterday. Got up feeling pretty good and got right on the treadmill, then pretty much kept moving all day long. And the numbers show it. Today is not likely to be as good, talked myself out of the treadmill this morning

Sleep yesterday shows pretty well on the fitbit chart, but it was riddled with weird dreams. I think it is time to adjust my oral mouth piece, will do that today when I get home.

Today is a fast day. I am going to do liquid fat all day, no food, just curious to see what happens. I am going to do iced coffee and iced green tea all day, liquid fat is the HWC and the homemade coconut milk, keeping the calories under my 500 mark.

This week will be a 5:2 instead of a 4:3 as we have plans for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• The STATS

257.2 down 2.6 from yesterday (ok Paula, it is almost 3-but I had less than 400 calories yesterday)
                    5728 and 7 flights (if I don't do the treadmill, I can't even get close)
                    6:41 and 84% (thus why I feel too tired to do the treadmill when the alarm goes off)

back to edit later, gotta get ready for work

ttfn
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• That dinner sounds really good (chicken/artichoke). Hmmmm, something like that may be on my agenda soon

Hooray on the weight loss.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• gotta love a one pan meal. I literally sauteed the chicken thighs to get them crispy on both sides, then poured a jar of marinated artichokes and most of their liquid over them, covered it all and cooked it on medium till done (about 10 minutes a side and 10 more to cook the chicken through.) Made orzo for DH to put it all over (I don't eat orzo-waste of calories to me!). Sprinkled the whole thing with a generous helping of shredded Parmesan. fantastic, really. A shave of lemon peel would have been a nice addition if you have one around, though it didn't need it.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• So, realized last night that the AC was not cooling the house. HVAC guy came today. We need a new one. Likely one upstairs as well, and the furnaces cannot be far behind. All told, wild guess $10,000.

DS has to have oral surgery this year to remove 2 permanent teeth that chose to grow side ways across the top of the roots of his front teeth instead of coming out in the normal fashion.

This, at the very least, means I don't get the new living room furniture this year. Rats.

So I am at home, to meet the HVAC guy, alone unexpectedly, so I ate lunch. Not much, but really not good stuff. Finding myself at home alone unexpectedly for some reason sets off the "get something to eat" alarm in my head.

I had some leftover ground meat and veggies (there was less than 3 oz left), I had one cake ball, then trimmed one of the cake layers for tomorrow and put a bit of icing on it. But the good news is I stopped there. I could have had more cake balls, I could have trimmed the other 2 layers and iced the trimmings on those as well. But I didn't. Not sure I would have been as good after the guy left though had I not immediately left for work.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Good job! Take your victories where you can.

That artichoke chicken sounds good. I love chicken thighs-they are the best part of the bird.

Comment

• I can get the thighs-grass fed- for a very good price, and it is just a bonus that they are the best easiest part to cook.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Ugh. What a bummer on the A/C. This is one of the "joys" of home ownership that I could do without.

I don't love chicken in general. Thighs are okay, but I actually prefer breast meat (I've been eating "white" meat all my life and so that's what I've grown accustomed to). I might thighs for the family
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X