No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the name you already have for the honey butter cake. You could call it Jack's Honey Butter Cake. OOOOOO I wish I were a taste tester!!!!!!!! It sounds sooooo good!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• The Red Velvet Cake balls are about the best dessert I have ever had, not even a big red velvet fan, but they actually are something people ask about. When the youth had their once a year bake sale between services on Mother's day this year, there were people sneaking out of the early service to get some before they had sold out. That is usually the only time I make them anymore.

Food yesterday was good, it was a non-fasting day and I ate following my 4 rules, didn't binge, and had no cravings even with the crappy mood falling on a day I could "eat what I wanted". Maybe that is the trick, being able to eat whatever I want on a day I am likely to want to stuff my face/binge.

NEAT we didn't get to take our walk last night as it was raining. In fact right after I decided I didn't want to mow the lawn it started raining, so I wouldn't have been able to do it anyway. Steps 8054 and 6 flights of stairs, but of course that doesn't show the sawing and chopping I did to get the weeds under control.

Sleep 7:27 at 88%, it was a day off though so no alarm I woke up when I was done sleeping.

I gotta get ready for work ttfn
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So after doing a bunch of research, I decided I needed Photoshop Elements.

One of the photos I chose to use for my master bedroom wall needs some serious editing. So I decided to use the gift card I got with my new computer to buy photo editing software for it. So I researched and decided on the Elements. I had an old version which of course will not work on the new computer. Anyway, since I had not purchased anything from the new computer from the apple site I had to answer my 2 security questions. Well I set up those questions YEARS ago. So I had the answers wrong. So I had them send me the link to set up new questions. Well after several tries, it turns out that the email address they had on my account had a typo in it (.cpm instead of .com) and of course I couldn't fix it unless I answered the security questions. ARGHHHHHH. So I shut that down and walked away figuring I would call when I had chilled out a bit. So I went back to it an hour later and one of the questions was different than the first time, so I answered the 2 questions they were showing and got them right.

So I got it downloaded and thus starts my journey to relearn Photoshop Elements. OMG, it took me an hour and a half to import a copy of the photo (so I could keep an unedited original) and crop it to the 16x20 aspect I needed. And, I don't remember how I did it. Gonna have to break down and watch some youtube tutorials I think.

Very excited to get back to doing this kind of thing though, used to do a lot of it, when I had Photoshop Elements the first time (it is version 4.0, and they are on version 11.0 now, to show how long it has been)
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OMG, she is getting ready to tweak again. You should have known it was coming after yesterday's attitude.

It occurred to me that my carbs have been creeping up. It also occurred to me that my 5:2 was going better when the carbs were lower. I didn't want to admit it because, well, I don't like having any food be off limits. So here is the tweak...

3 days fasting=550 calories, this is my morning coffee with HWC and coconut milk, my mid-morning green tea with HWC, and dinner - weighed and measured and tracked. These will be Tuesday and Thursday and one of the weekend days, probably Sunday.

3 days non-fasting = low carb, but no weighing, measuring, or tracking, just eating low carb (real) foods. These will be Monday and Wednesday and a weekend day, probably either Friday or Saturday.

1 day that I will allow for those things I think I cannot live without. I really think this has been the key to my not binging, so I think it is essential to have at least one day. This doesn't mean I go looking for that thing I must have or that I can go crazy and eat a whole cake or whatever. It means, if I have been craving something, this is the day to satisfy the craving. This will be the day that is left.

I am not going to count carbs, I am just not going to eat things that are high in carbs. My TDEE will still rule the day, it is 2,100 calories, and even though I usually don't bother to track on non-fasting days, when I do I am usually pretty well under since on 2 of those days I still don't eat till I get home from work.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• ok.. my only concern is this. Last time you lost well but did not track you made yourself crazy trying to get back. what is your plan to avoid this issue?
            Karin

Comment

• I have no plan.

Ok, so your point is I need to track? I will at least put what I eat in the notes every day even when I don't actually track.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• yes, use the notes.. use something. As you know, a record is valuable
                Karin

Comment

• thanks for keeping me honest! I know you are right, when I want to come back and duplicate I want to know what to duplicate.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• So things are going well. I got my weekly email from fitbit to show how the week went and my daily steps average went up a thousand steps (6,880-this needs work!) and my average flights of stairs went up 2 flights a day (to 9). So I am moving in the right direction.

Food yesterday went well. It was a fasting day and my calories hit 518 (I allow 550 at my current weight). My Carbs were 35g all from veggies. Better yet, I weighed and measured and tracked. Today is non-fasting and I will track or at least note everything I eat and drink.

NEAT yesterday went pretty well. I didn't drink enough so not as many trips to the restroom so not as many flights of stairs at work, but I still ended up with 9 flights so that makes me happy. Steps I got in 8813, DH and I have been taking a walk after dinner, which is very nice, and last night we took the medium length route (I had to pee, so we had to hoof it home) When I get myself on the treadmill regularly in the mornings I should have a pretty easy time of hitting my 10,000. So now just need to do it.

Sleep yesterday was 7:46 and 87% efficiency, this was due to DH's snoring. Funny thing is he slept in and said he could have slept all day when he finally got up. I wish I could have after he woke me up so many times.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Hi Chris: I have been following your journal and was wondering what fitbit you own. I'm have been thinking of buying one and want to know if you think they are worth buying.
                      Thanks Nancy

Comment

• Chris- your post today just kicked me in the a$$. I love the simplicity. Even though I have been doing fairly well.. time to get my ass in gear, especially since I am wanting to be more mobile. I need to charge my fitbit.
                        Karin

Comment

• Hi Nancy, thanks for stopping by. I have a very old FitBit Ultra, which I don't even know if they sell anymore. The things I like are that it seems to be reasonably accurate, that it measures my sleep/wake cycle even if it is in the pocket of my pj's, I can wear it on my bra so it is not visible to everyone, and that it syncs with my computer and with MyFitnessPal. What I don't like is that it counts flights of stairs instead of the number of stairs I climbed, the sleep part is not going to be as accurate as a bodybugg (or whatever), and on occasion it stops talking to my computer and I have to re-install the program (this happens about once a year). The clip broke once, through no fault of my own, but the company promptly replaced it, although I see now they sell them on their website so they may not be so ready to do that anymore. It is accurate enough for what I want -I don't do the calories vs. exercise vs. metabolism - if you do you probably want one of those that sit on your bicep.

Karin, I think in the long run the fewer rules I put on myself, and the simpler the rules, the more likely I am to stick with it for life. It is becoming more important for me to be able to be sharp and mobile for what is left of my life. So far so good, but really I can do better.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...154500466.html

Excellent article.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• great article!!
                              Karin

Comment

• Food yesterday went well. I did post it in the "notes" of the day on MFP. And this morning I weighed the same as I did yesterday morning. (it is still 4 pounds high from my low a couple of weeks ago, but I will not be deterred). Today is a fast day. We have a meeting at work and yesterday my boss emailed me to see what I would like from Panera, "nothing for me thanks". She knows what I am doing so she won't push it.

NEAT was less than stellar yesterday. 4589 steps, 4 flights of stairs. I was exhausted for some reason. To the point that it was actually making my head hurt. I went to bed at 9:30. To make myself feel better I watched Duck Dynasty while reading the "Humor" section on Pinterest. I laughed so hard I was crying. Went to bed smiling.

Sleep yesterday, well it explains why I was so tired...6:32 and 88% efficiency.

I spent over 30 minutes on the phone yesterday with a woman who was accusing me of being part of a conspiracy to keep her from her personal records (we don't have the records and she thinks we do). A testament to how, even when I am exhausted with a headache, that I can stay polite and level headed no matter how long a person will keep me on the phone with ridiculous arguments. Today, I have to explain the whole discussion to one of our archivists, and then she is going to have to call the woman back and go through the crazy discussion with her.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X