No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me too. And, my dh has the same philosophy :-) I always think things can be better.

I've had to stop reading and researching to a certain extent because I'm always wanting to try something new, which seems "better".

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I am so impressed and thrilled with your progress. I love that you have it together!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• thanks! ahh, now I just have to sustain it.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Food yesterday was not crazy, I don't track on my non-fasting days now, so I am just guessing. Today is a fasting day, but I am not doing the 20 hours, just staying below 500 calories.

NEAT yesterday, well, I manage to get my flights of steps in, but I obviously need to get on the treadmill to get my steps in. 10 flights of stairs and only 4915 steps= pitiful.

Sleep yesterday 6:40 minutes but it was 94% efficiency. I had long stretches of sleep. I really wonder if it doesn't have to do with when I go to bed. I need to learn to listen to my body. I get sleepy around 9:30 generally and then not again until after 11. If I miss being in bed by 9:30, maybe I should just wait till 11?

At the moment I feel like I am going to do a "liquid" diet. I am feeling like a veggie and fruit filled smoothie would be very yummy for dinner tonight. Sweet, cool, creamy...sounds luscious.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It sounds like your body is craving it and its good food so why not?
            Karin

Comment

• Yep, so far the smoothie is sounding pretty yummy. I am really trying to use this program to teach myself to listen to my body. I am still really bad at stopping when I am no longer hungry. In fact I won't stop even if I am full if what I am eating is yummy. I gotta let myself know I can always have it later or another day.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Food yesterday was perfect! I had my morning coffee with HWC and coconut milk, then water for the rest of the day. Then I roasted some cauliflower and it smelled really good so I cut a couple of ingredients out of the smoothie so I could have both. Then I flavored some water after dinner when I was looking for something sweet. Sliced up a lemon and a couple of drops of Stevia in a giant glass of water, and it worked.

NEAT for yesterday was good. I didn't do the treadmill again, but, I did run errands AND we took a walk after dinner. It was lovely, we were literally the only ones on the streets, I think the entire city went to the beach for the weekend! I didn't get the stairs in though. 8450 steps and 5 flights of stairs.

Sleep yesterday, well since it was a day off I got my 8 hours of actual sleep, 8:21 in fact. But it took me 9:30 in bed to get it, so efficiency was 89%.

Scale this morning showed no change, and my fingers feel a bit puffy, wondering if a TTOM is coming. My clothes are fitting better, and I have a few pairs of pants I need to try and see how close I am to getting to wear them. Very close I hope as the ones I have been wearing are looking on the shabby side and I do not want to buy new ones in this size.

Today and tomorrow are non-fasting days, but we don't have anything planned, so no worries about food avoidance or over indulgence. Just cleaning the house since it is raining so the outside work planned for today is put off for another day.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Sounding good
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I feel like crap today. Well not crap, just not good. Nothing hurts, but nothing feels great either. To top off the physical malaise, my scale is going up and creeping way too close to going back into the 60's. I know it is temporary, but the combo has me bummed.

Food yesterday was good, I didn't go crazy. No snacks, just lunch and dinner and my morning coffee.

NEAT yesterday was great. I did a thorough cleaning of the downstairs of the house, vacuumed and mopped. I spent some serious time figuring out what solution best to clean my wood floors. So I mopped my hallway 4 times, hand and knees so no steps In the end, half white distilled vinegar and half filtered water. I did the rest of the floors standing (knees were over it!) with one of those mops that have a squirter where you can put your own cleaning solution in the reservoir and the floors look fantastic-which is a good thing given how much work they were. DH and I went for a nice long walk last night as well. So very close...9326 and 9 flights of stairs!

Sleep was fine, because it was a day off I got to stay in bed till I had slept enough-ie. no alarm- so I actually slept 8:08 but it took me 9:45 to get it, so 86% efficiency.

I have a flat ton of stuff to do today...I have to go to the mall (HATE this) to get the boys undies and socks. Then to Target to return something that was broken when I opened the package (HATE this), then to the big chain grocery store (HATE this) so I can get the stuff my Trader Joes doesn't have to make the cake balls I am making for a competition, then I have to mow the lawn and saw down a weed that has turned into a tree (HATE this). The good news is that should cover my NEAT nicely.

As a reward for my hard work, I am going to buy myself the latest version of Photoshop Elements (I got a gift card when we bought my new computer and it will cover the cost of this new software). Then I can work on some photos for my master bedroom which will make the hubs happy. I am also, slowly adding my music to my new computer. I am being more selective about what I am putting on it, I had too much on my other computer and it made it a PITA to sync my iPods. (talk about first world problems!)
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• You sound a bit more than bummed. Remember, this too shall pass and if you get all the stuff you hate out of the way, maybe everything will look better
                      Karin

Comment

• I'm glad you're rewarding yourself with the new software after getting all that tedious stuff done! Really used to enjoy playing with Photoshop at art school but don't have it now.

Good luck - hope your day takes a surprise good turn somewhere along the way even before the Photoshop!
                        Well and happy - Journalling a primal life in London

Comment

• So the good news is I am done with the errands, and the undies and socks for the boys were half price! And I found DS a swim suit on sale for $7. It will be useful since he joined the sailing club.

While I was getting dressed to go out, I decided to try on the pants that I have sitting waiting for me to lose enough weight to wear them. Why not right, already in a crappy mood, what did I have to lose. Well, I got them all on and zipped. One pair is actually wearable, though I will probably wait for a few more pounds-which will work because they are of a heavier material so just in time for cooler weather. Anyway, it helped my mood. Then I put my, fresh out of the dryer, jeans on and they felt a bit baggy. Figured it was in my head, but no after walking around in them I can tell you they are on the loose side! Perk the mood up even more.

Now I just need to finish my lunch, and mow the lawn and saw down the monster weed, and I can play with photoshop!!

Well, ok, while I do that I will also have to clean the kitchen and do the laundry and bake the red velvet cake for the competition, but now I am in a good enough mood that I won't eat half the cake when it is done.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Hope your day is going well in spite of the yucky errands.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Wow on the pants. Things like that always perk me up!
                              Karin

Comment

• thanks. It is going better than I had expected, so that is all you can ask for right?

So I have decided the lawn doesn't really need mowed. For several reasons...It is not so long that it can't wait till next week, it is sooo hot out, and I don't wanna. I did take care of the weed tree, and a couple of others that were getting there, the ones that DH sees out of his office window, so that should make him happy.

Now after I cool off I will start the inside stuff, with A/C blasting.

I plan to enter a cake competition on the 21st. I had a chance to enter this particular one a few years ago, but basically putzed out and it has bugged me ever since because what was entered was not nearly as good as even the one I didn't want to enter because I was not impressed with myself. The prize that year was a stunning black Epiphone Anniversary Edition Guitar signed by the artists that played that night.

I don't know what the prize is this time, but I can't not enter again. So it is sponsored by the Bluebird on the Mountain and Jack Daniels. I am going to make Drunken Red Balls, and a My Buttered Honey Cake. The red balls are my Red Velvet Cake balls with a touch of Jack Daniels tossed in. The buttered honey is a Lemon butter cake with some Jack Honey Liqueur tossed in. (If anyone can come up with a better name for the cake that would be appreciated) I am going to cover a cake dummy with the cake balls and on top of the dummy I will put the Lemon Honey Cake. I am making the cake look like the Telescope that is at the top of the Mountain where the concerts are held. It is one of those domed ones where the scope sticks out, so pretty easy really.

Anyway, DS and his buddies asked for some of the cake balls. He said they were eating a piece of Red Velvet cake at school and they started talking about how much better my cake balls were and wish they could have some and so I am making them a batch without the Jack Daniels in it. Plus the person who will deliver them for me is allergic to alcohol so I will pack up some of those for her as well.

Well, I think I have piddled around long enough...
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X