No announcement yet.

Primal Journal-deMuralist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I usually manage to eventually get 8 hours on my days off. You are right though, my worst nights now are over 6 hours (last night actually), but they are less frequent, usually no more than once a week at most. I think as I lose weight the apnea becomes less severe. I wear a mouth piece for it, but it can only do so much.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Food yesterday was high quality but unfortunately a bit too much. I did however manage to make the entire 20 hour no calories fast. I need to go back to measuring/tracking before I eat it on my fast days.

NEAT yesterday was a serious improvement on what has been happening...7338 steps and 9 (!?!) flights. I actually checked the flights saw it was 9 and walked upstairs and back down, not sure why it didn't show up.

Sleep 7:40 with 90% efficiency.

So last night DH and I have a short discussion about sleep. He came over to the couch and sprawled out and handed me the remote at 9:00. I was just about to get up and get ready for bed but decided to hold off since he came to sit with me, but I told him he should pick what to watch since I was going to bed soon. He wanted to know why so early. Well I wake up at 6:30 and am working on getting all the sleep my body needs. So, he says, then I should go to bed at 10:30 for 8 hours. Ah, but I tend to lose an hour, 30 to fall asleep and 30 in wake ups, so I need 9 in bed to get 8. And why, I ask, since he falls asleep by 9:30 at the very latest, isn't it better for him to just get in bed at 9:30 and get all of his sleep - with me -in bed. He has no answer. My, unspoken, thought is he is just plain stubborn.

I didn't do the treadmill this morning, too lazy. Meeting tonight, but maybe after I will walk around the block.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The scale this morning was up, a lot. Like 3 pounds. Now I am not worried, just wanted to show that even after a low calorie day the scale can still go up. My calories yesterday were just over 800. So not my fasting level of 550, but no where near TDEE. So technically the scale should at least have stayed the same.

To me this tells me that it is not only about the calories. There is something else in play. It is not water, drank my 150oz of fluids.

What happened last night is that I ate past feeling done. I honestly think this has something to do with it. Whenever I eat till I am really full, the scale goes up the next day, regardless of calories. I have got to listen to my body, it knew when I was done, but I kept putting more food in.

Here's to lessons learned.

p.s. although the scale was up, I am wearing a belt I bought but have not been able to wear because it was too small. It fits, and I can breathe even when I am sitting down.
        Chris
        Unknown

Comment

• hey!! The belt is great news!! WHOOP! WHOOP! Sounds to me like you found a key
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• For me a three pound weight gain like that is more about my body not being happy with something I put in it rather than the quantity consumed. Inflammation?
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I don't usually have food sensitivities, and what I ate was just salad with a variety of veggies, some cottage cheese (I have never had a problem with dairy) and olive oil, finished with fresh watermelon for dessert. It was a HUGE salad though, and the tummy was stretched, but I kept eating. It came down a bit this morning, even though yesterday was a non-fasting day.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Food yesterday was good, it was a non-fast day and I ate following my 4 rules of non-fasting day so life is good.

NEAT yesterday, I skipped the treadmill, but I got 13 flights of stairs, though only 5396 steps in.

Sleep was 7:31 and 89% efficiency

got to get ready for work, back to chat later.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Your weigh ins are strange. I'm always the same or down after a dd.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yep, very strange. Part of what makes losing weight so frustrating, right? I was down this morning after an up day, and way up yesterday after a downish day.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I have no discernible pattern, either. Makes it difficult, because something I "think" I got away with something, but it shows up 3-4 days later, but then I don't know what...
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Very frustrating. Hard for some one who likes (near) instant gratification. Would be sweet to get on the scale the day after a fast day and see at least a little loss. But It is not how it goes. Then having a loss after a non-fasting day makes it hard to fast that day mentally.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• When I'm doing ADF, I can get into the groove, as long as the trend goes down. I struggle more when I see an upward trend (not just a bounce for a day or two, but for a week it continues to go up). Of course, I need to have WAY more patience. If you look at the trends over on the JUDDD board, a lot of people have these big whooshes, followed by periods of "maintenance" or even up. Of course, I need to get to a point where I can regularly do ADF
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I don't feel like doing the 20 hour fast, in which I have no calories at all until dinner, has done me much good. It kick started me last week, but since then I actually think it is a hindrance. I think, either I am still just eating too much for dinner, although not sure how you can do that with 160 calories of baked fish and a cup of kale and 2 cups of salad greens and 2T of Olive oil. Or my body is storing fat because it thinks I am in famine. I am going to do my regular 500 calorie fast tomorrow and see what happens. I will do my iced coffee with 1T of HWC, and 2oz of my "homemade" coconut milk which gives me about 60 calories of fat, and then do my green tea throughout the morning which I use 1T of HWC in for another 50 calories. Since the 20 hour fast did not seem to make much difference, and is less pleasant, and the science is not strong enough regarding total fasting vs. fat fasting and health, I think I will pass on it as a regular thing and just use it to bump things when needed. p.s. my weight this morning was down .4.

Food yesterday, well I have already said it, I think was good.

NEAT 10 flights of stairs and 5987 steps, not sure how to get back to mentally wanting to get on the treadmill but hopefully it will happen soon.

Sleep yesterday was pretty good 7:42 and 91% wish I had been graphing this. Oh, wait MFP tracks it....well for the past year it is a pretty spiky graph, but the differences from high to low are tightening, good thing I think.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I sometimes think we try and tweak too many things, and those tweaks turn out to not be helpful.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Well yes, I know I tweak too many things. I went into the 20 hour fast idea before I had completely allowed the 4:3 to settle in. I really figured it would not be any big deal and that I might as well go for it. But having to drink black coffee in the morning and missing my Green Tea mid-morning is a huge deal. I could have learned to live with it, if I felt it made a huge difference, and I will likely throw one in here or there to jump off of a plateau.

I was thinking about this the other day. One of my husband's mottoes that he loves to repeat is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and my equivalent motto/response is "things can always be better". When we built our home, the foreman used to like to tell me that "the enemy of a great job is a perfect job" and of course my response was "gotta get to what I think is great though". So we can see that I am a tweaker in every aspect of my life.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X